Reviews for Just an evening at the Potters'
Holly The Sparkling Unicorn chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
This was cute! I loce the ending so much. I hate the fact that they trusted peter and he fucked them over. But yeah. Keep writing!
Go TeAm BeLiKoV w chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
awww it pains me soo much that lily and james had to die...and harry be an orphan and live with the dursleys...if only they had made someone...anyone else their secret keeper..
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
The implications of this story are just so sad... One quick and rather important note: Lily says "Do you think you still need to WOE me?" And WOE should be WOO. Woe is significantly worse... but that was the only thing that I noticed. My favorite line, and by far the saddest, was James saying, "You think Voldemort will want to come and kill a little baby?" Also, I don't know if I've read Marlene and Alice as sisters. I love your characterizations, and Lily's desire for a large family like Molly has. Well done.
MissEMT chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
chilling last line.

buuut i have to point out: a) James was a chaser, not seeker. b) Molly and Arthur Weasley were not in the Order during the first war.

good story though, it's written well.
Ninja Potter chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Wow! I never have read a story about the night leading up to their deaths, from their point of view. It's sort of tragic that they were sitting there, in false security. At least, something that comforts me is that Lily wasn't pregnant when she died. That's just down right saddening. I love how you wrote James and Lily because the way they talked, it was clear that their love was true and simple. It was a great piece to read. The only thing that, for me, seemed out of place was that I read somewhere that James Potter was a Chaser at Hogwarts, not the Seeker. I don't want to believe it but I think JK Rowling said it herself. Anyways, great one-shot :)
DarkLord667 chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
This made such a sad moment in the world of Harry Potter even more bittersweet. To see them living a somewhat normal life leading up to their deaths. Also, it was heartbreaking to hear all of their plans that would never be fulfilled. Overall, great job.
DaisyRoseSunshine chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Awwwww... I'm really sad now! :'-( Exelent story, though!
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
You created such a beautiful moment between the two of them here; even if it was so close to their demise. The joking, the loving, the Harry- it all fit so well, and their lives really were made up of something wonderful. The beginning with their flirting and James's comment about still being in the race was lovely. It definitely made me laugh. Such a James thing to do.

"No need to get all worked up about," should have an "it" at the end. But I also adored the part about describing Molly. It would've been amazing if the two were friends, and I never assumed that at all, but the way you said that Lily wanted a big family like her was lovely, and a great role model to have.

"Care to practice a bit?" he smiled teasingly. Lily smiled back and leant in to kiss him. "You know, that's not a bad idea at all." First of all, this bit made me smile all over again. Of /course/ he would. I adored it. I did read the last line as coming from Lily though, in which case it should be a new paragraph, but was still a very Lily thing to say. If it was James, it still made sense though, so that's alright.

"I swear, one day he'll make a fine Seeker, just as his father was." I did enjoy this line. But the fault is that James was a Chaser, not a Seeker (how misleading!), but it didn't deter from the story in any way, and it was a simple mistake that a lot of people don't recognize.

Anyways, it was definitely a bittersweet ending. But I enjoyed it nevertheless. Always. Good job.
ProfessorSquirrell chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
This is so sweet but so sad. I like the dynamic between them now that they are grown up and married and mature. I like the mannerisms that James still has that Lily thinks is cute. The two of them just work so well together. I love it. The last line is just heartbreaking but a perfect way to end it. Nice job!
TheTwoDL chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Really nice :) The only thing that I would like to point out is that James Potter was a Chaser not a Seeker. (Apparently J.K Rowling confirmed it in an interview). Also I like the way that you made the Potters believe that Peter was on their side till the very end. Overall - very well written.
Shira Lansys chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Oh my gosh, utter utter sadness! How could you write something so terrible! They were just talking of having another child... and now they're going to die... *wails*

I loved this story though *sniffs*
jim926 chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
dun dun dunnnn

dramatic ending but great story overall!
JessandDarcy chapter 1 . 5/20/2012