Reviews for I heard you killed your only friend last year
Convenient Alias chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
Oh wow.
I read this series of oneshots a while ago, and now coming back to reread it...
"Don't make this dropping in a regular thing."
In hindsight, that is completely hilarious.
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
That's practically inviting him to drop in, and while I don't think Steve could be devious enough to do that on purpose, I'd like to believe he could be.
Maia2 chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
Interesting start. Steve is of course a sweetheart, but I am glad he was not naive. Just... a good person, which is what he is.
Very intrigued about Loki though. I can infer what happened to him, but the little tidbits when he was not completely aware were rather interesting. The terror of Steve getting Thor... just afraid to show weakness? Or something different?
Will have to continue reading... oh the hardship...
Thanks for sharing.
quaff chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
I quite liked this one. I think it was the last few sentences that caught my attention.
Violentshadow chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
i love it XD
Barranca chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Loki has not made an entirely bad choice in coming to Steve out of all the Avengers.
Katowisp chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
I really hope you write more of these two together, because I absolutely adore it.
foxkittvolpe chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
this was a very good story to read but i have to admit I'm confused with the title. if it is possible could you explain it to me. i see no killing in this writing.
Twisted-67 chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
This was so cool! I really like the idea of it, and how you made Steve kind, but not to a stupid degree. Excelent job and I'm off to read the continuation!
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
I liked this piece. A truly interesting interaction between Steve and Loki; I didn't feel it was slashy or shippy in any way, though I'm sure how you originally intended it. :)
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Loved it
wbss21 chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
Ahh, just perfect. Seriously, I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but fudge, do I love the way you write Loki, and Steve, oh man, have you got his voice down pat too!

What I really love about this story too is how you, somehow, balance out an extremely serious and heavy situation with just the right blend of humor. And best of all, you make Loki funny without compromising him, or it being at his expense. He's humorous because of the things he says, and how he delivers them, not because of what's happening to him. I think a lot of people forget that Loki is supposed to be extremely witty and charming, that being one of the things Thor always remembers most fondly about him. How he made Thor laugh. So to see that brought out in this story was just a delight, and a pleasure to read. He's funny, all the while being incredibly demeaning and blatantly insulting, but that's part of what makes it so funny. Best of all, of course being too, that you know underneath it, he doesn't really MEAN any of it. It's really a defense mechanism of his. And Steve is really treating it as such, and I don't think he's doing that through any kind of actual comprehension or insight, but more just because his own character is so sort of naive and innocent, in a sense. He doesn't hit back at Loki except when Loki starts insulting his teammates, because he really doesn't have it in him to engage in that kind of mean-spirited banter.

What I also really love is just how cool Loki is. Like, really, he's just cool, even when he's wrong, or in a compromised position like this. Even when he gets pissed off, or loses control of his emotions for a moment, he always responds with some insanely smart, sharp comeback.

And underneath all of it, really, you infuse it with again the tragic aspects of Loki. I felt my heart break in two when he admits to Steve that he has no where to go and calls himself friendless. Even refers to himself as a "defeated monster". Loki's self-deprecation is both something you almost have to admire, for the courage it takes for him to understand the role he plays, and also realize is tragic, for the fact that he sees himself this way, and so assumes everyone else must too. Loki's resigned himself to this fate of being an outcast and a reject who no one will ever love or care about, and he really, truly believes that. And he accepts it and lives with it.

What I find amazing too about how you characterize Loki is that, in the same instance, you make him seem both incredibly fragile and vulnerable, and incredible strong and defiant. That's an amazing accomplishment, and one you should definitely be proud of as a writer.

And again, Loki's sense of humor is just stellar, where at the end he grins at Steve and leaves him with the thought that, if he feels like it, he may very well come back, and there's just something so almost sweet and innocent about the way he says it, even if it's given in a mock-threatening way.

I actually got a grin on my face when he shows up behind Steve, and Steve turns and finds him just standing there, smiling at him. That's Loki's forte of course, playing tricks on people and seeing their reactions. You capture the trickster, mischief maker element of Loki so incredibly well. He seems every inch the incarnation of the god of mischief under your pen.

Another fantastic piece. I really can't get enough of your awesome work.
StarTrekFanWriter chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Ahhh...Marvel!Loki. So stupid.
Silvanesti chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Oh, I liked this, it would have been great to read a continuation. Bravo!
Ms. Halfway chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Should write more about them. More like a ship, maybe? XXD
Well, I loved this one. Awesome work, your Loki is just perfect.