Reviews for The Odd One Out
Lavinia Swire chapter 1 . 6/6/2012

You write Albus so well and really manage to get his feelings across here. I loved the Teddy/Lily and Teddy/James you included as well, it made things that bit more complicated and heartbreak-y. I think my favourite bit was all Albus’ ‘what if’ ideas, and the ending was wonderful too. I loved it all, though; fantastic job!
lowi chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
This is incredibly sad, mew, I really just /can't/... ;-; I mean EVERYTHING. And on top of it, you make me question my Teddy shipping even harder - I ship all these three pairings so now I'm SOOOO confused! :O

Anyway, this is really lovely written. I love (though that sounds terrible) how you've captured Al's feelings of being in the middle of the sibling's ages, it's a theme that is there through-out the fic without being repeated too much.

My favourite part, however, is the "What if Al had been Ally..." part, because it really made me shudder, ngl. Very well-captured!

(And well, damn you for making me ship AlTeddy-I'm trying to finish my Jamdy Dx) :*

Fantastic work, Tsui, as per usual!
Morghen chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Although I can't form a solid opinion on them yet as I've only read this one fic, I do like I'll end up liking Al/Teddy! They have a certain something about them...

First of all, I want to point out how much I love that you made this pairing very different from Jamdy. I've read my fair share of Jamdy, requited and unrequited, but this was very different. The way you showed Al's attraction and the reasons why he was attracted to Teddy was unique to Al. I think it gave Albus a personality and I really liked how you characterized him, since I've never had a clear characterization of him in my head before.

James' feelings and Lily's relationship with Teddy was an interesting take, too. It made things a lot more complicated for poor Al, but I think you showed his feelings very realistically. I loved how Al started to do the "what if" thing. And how he found everything he was missing in himself in Teddy.

THIS IS A SAD FIC, MEW! MERLIN! I just want to huggle Al, or have Teddeh huggle him or something! :((

but yes! I'm definitely interested in this pairing now! _

jojor99 chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Yikes - poor Al having all of that going on around him and having to suffer in silence.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Awesome! I don't think I've ever read an Al/Teddy's kind of a rare next-gen pairing. I love your characterizations of everybody here, especially Al and Teddy. It's awesome how Al likes Teddy for his personality, not his looks, because his looks are always changing. That makes a lot of sense, and I can definitely picture that happening. Of course, I love the inclusion of Lilted and JamesTeddy, too, since I adore those pairings as well. And I love the line about 'when the family placed bets on whether Molly sounded more like Uncle Percy or Aunt Hermione', because I can imagine the three of them being pretty similar. Wonderful job, mew!