Reviews for Raining and Pouring
TiggernRoo chapter 1 . 8/2
So very entertaining!You could almost hear Carter’s
voice by the descriptions of the scenarios given.
‘At a boy! Good job!
Hildegaarde chapter 1 . 6/7
This was brilliant! I enjoyed every bit of it, thanks so much for sharing!
Book 'em Again chapter 1 . 10/3/2021
I can't stop laughing and I'm only finished with the third paragraph. This is amazing and one of the funniest stories I have ever read. Where to start? Comparing a general to fat root may me both wondering as to where you came up with reference (and description) and wanting to clap for the brilliance of how the image worked perfectly.

Love the balance of your narrator going back and worth describing the situation to making comments showing how his (and the general, meaning his) life and career was in jeopardy.

Knew as soon as the mustache was mentioned it was Carter. And once he realizes what's going on, Carter manages pretty well with his over the top yelling and weird commands. It is neat to see how a person reacting to being on the receiving end of all that yelling.

And the last character in the story, because it did almost take on a character like quality, was the mud. Oh, the mud. You could feel your main character's frustration and it of course provided for more comedic relief.

And while the ending was expected, it was still thoroughly enjoyable and made for one final laugh. Great job with this story. It's amazing.
Abracadebra chapter 1 . 10/2/2021
From the Reviewathon.

I don't suppose an entire screen of hahahahahahhaha constitutes a review, does it? No, I don't suppose so. Allow me to recover my composure. I'm sort of out of breath.

I can't believe I never read this one before. It's one of the very funniest stories I've encountered in this fandom. The internal monologue the poor lieutenant is having with himself is crisp and flawless. He sounds like the Carter of the Wehrmacht, in fact. The general, the mud, the mama birds, the slightly askew mustache, the cursing, the redundant cursing, the possibly no longer redundant cursing... all added up to chaos for the poor lad. And you resolved everything beautifully. Absolutely splendid writing.
Tuttle4077 chapter 1 . 3/15/2021
Haha. This was great fun. But poor Keilwasser. Covered in mud AND he had to deal with General Carterhoff's insanity?! I don't know which is worse!
mrspencil chapter 1 . 8/31/2019
Entirely wonderful:-)
katbybee chapter 1 . 9/21/2016
On top of everything else, the poor guy's heading for the front! And now that he's lost those papers, even if he'd only been a delivery boy before... Absolutely brilliant and hysterical!
TranceTony1228 chapter 1 . 4/26/2016
Just found this. Hilarious! :-)
I was pretty sure it was Carter before Keilwasser's observations of the unconscious general because well...only Carter could manage to get hit by a car in the middle of the woods. lol
Loved the internal thought process of poor Keilwasser. The birds. The mud. Very vivid picture you've painted. lol loved it! Thank you!
la-hija-de-Dios chapter 1 . 9/19/2015
I loved that! Carter was hilarious! XD
Gunney chapter 1 . 8/21/2015
Love it! You had Carter to a 'T'!
Tiny1217 chapter 1 . 4/19/2015
I tried to write a review on this last night, but it didn't go through for some reason...

Anyway, great story!

I just love the line, "You have the upper body strength of an inebriated toad!"

And making one of the Heroes the general he ran into...great idea.
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 10/2/2014
heheheehe
stars shine out chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Hilarious, brilliant job!
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Nice job on this story. Very funny. I too hope for a sequel.
emeraldarrows chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
ROTFL! That was hilarious. The opening line is priceless and it only got better from then on. Loved it!