Reviews for Life Signs
Riladell chapter 17 . 2/20
This is heartbreaking. I'm crying
Riladell chapter 5 . 2/19
I think I should've read A handful of dust AFTER this story, but i really liked how a dream in this chapter reminded me about Shepard's visions from a handful of dust. I think you did a great job connecting all your little and big stories, describing the same Shepard in each of them. It really helps to see the whole picture, the whole complex conception of the real Shepard and her inner self. And I don't give a damn that these are not canon stories, because for me they are real, and I can easily see in this version of Shepard the same Shepard who I saw in games. And now I think maybe I'm becoming too annoying with all my enthusiastic reviews for the last few days, sorry :)
Riladell chapter 1 . 2/19
One day and here I am, almost finished reading all your stories, just this one left and several from your tumblr between this one and Handful of dust. And I have a question: have you written smth about Shepard after Cold skies and before ME1, in N7 academy or whatever its called? Im asking because maybe I missed smth. I liked Cold skies and her remembering her youth in Handful of dust very much, and also reading about Garrus' early years was so amazing and interesting :)
AIK2 chapter 22 . 1/5
The last three, no, five chapters was a weep-fest. (Also, I completely failed at resisting reading more than one more chapter. Oh well! I regret nothing!)

This whole story was a roller-coaster of emotions. It was funny, it was exciting and made my heart almost beat out of my chest, and then it made my heart to go my throat and cause liquid to come out of my eyes as it got stuck there. It was beautiful. And that ending.

Thank you for writing this!
AIK2 chapter 13 . 1/5
God damn it, man, I have school tomorrow, and these cliff hangers are just so damn good that I can't stop reading. One more chapter, and I'll try to stop.

Also good job in writing this.
AIK2 chapter 3 . 1/5
Holy shit, that ending. You have me hooked.
sorachicken chapter 2 . 9/23/2014
Only on Chapter 2 right now, and the mood you have set up is so ominous... it feels like a suspense/horror novel. I'm really impressed with your writing and characterization so far. Excited to keep reading!
mllememoire chapter 22 . 8/31/2014
I laughed, I cried, I rejoiced, and my heart melted. This story is absolutely perfect. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!
09Alice1 chapter 22 . 5/25/2014
This...it's beautifull. It's much more than this, but I'm sorry for not being able to completly explain it.
It's perfect. I've read a lot of awsome works around. Loved them. But this one just got burned in me. I've read countless works of famous writers, with theirs awards and so on, but I tell you this, and I really feel it: This goes beyond many of their works. The words are not just words. They're tears, smiles, relif, pain, yours, the characters, and ours, the readers, mine.

God this sounds really cheesy, but I really can't help it Lol Glad my face is a secret xD

That being said, good work!
ayanamimi chapter 1 . 5/2/2014
It sure feels weird to comment on an almost two year story, but I made an account just to say it - this was incredible. I'm at a loss of words. I was crying from chapter four all the way to the end, experiencing every possible combination of emotions. The Mako scene was so terrifiyngly beautiful and it had so much meaning and oh my god
I'm probably saving this masterpiece to reread it forever.
LaughingTiger chapter 22 . 3/22/2014
That was excellent. :) Heart-wrenching, unexpected, tense, and happily ended without being too sweet and tidy. Love the idioms, Garrus's reliance on his visor, and that Shepard wasn't the one to save the day. I could go on, and probably should have reviewed each chapter separately (that would have been a lot, though!) Nice work weaving so much personal history for each of them into the story without bogging it down. That's a pretty difficult thing to manage. It would be nice if there was more fic out there like this one. Great job. :)
ShepFic chapter 1 . 3/12/2014
I think this story best captures Shep's actual attitude. All the other stories on here make her too wishy washy and weak, I like this one best. Thanks for writing it.
Seyfert chapter 22 . 3/6/2014
Amazing story! I suddenly feel like replaying System Shock 2 :)
I loved how you portrayed the characters, they feel incredibly alive, even the Valiant.
I can't help but feel sad, though, knowing how the game ends. In my mind, Shepard has learned from this experience and can set a remote control for the Crucible.
Wake O'Donnell chapter 22 . 10/27/2013
Intelligent, realistic, visceral, well-delivered, and plays with you like Paul Gilbert on a caffeine drip. Well done, my friend! This one literally had me in tears near the climax. /10 (Highest honor I can deliver, past 10)
Sereneffect chapter 22 . 10/13/2013
Ok, so... Holy. Fucking Shit. You have given my poor emotions the biggest workout of their LIVES. I cried, through things, and giggled like an idiot. I can't decide if I'm furious or thrilled that you've done this to me.
I'm going to go with thrilled. You are amazing. I yield to your brilliance.