Reviews for Life Signs
idiotbx3 chapter 22 . 6/26
deets1 chapter 22 . 5/8
This story is pretty good. It's actually awesome. It's cool because it's the same Shepard and Garrus, and we get the backstory to A Handful of Dust. Not just that but in this story we can see you laying the groundwork for the in-depth analysis of your characters. I love how you account for every mandible-flutter and idiom, and head tilt. But that's your other story.

Also holy F-ing shit. Trojan horse and Grixos clearly brings up hella bad memories. It makes sense for Dust, and oh my goodness. The sadness Garrus felt when Jack said those words. Seamlessly and simultaneously reminding him of when she almost died and that she's once again freaking compromised. Damn man. Good continuity.
Flynne chapter 22 . 8/16/2015
I loved this story so much! Great combination of action, suspense, and emotion. And what happened to the Valiant is such a great (and creepy) idea. Love the way your Shepard teases Garrus about idioms, and I like that she's got a few favorites that keep popping up throughout the rest of your stories. The way you ended this one makes me happy. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
KM chapter 1 . 6/30/2015
I know this story isn't new but I've just read it, and man, was it amazing. Your ability to perfectly capture the voice of the characters was impeccable, and I think your portrayal of Shephard is the best I've seen in a fic. Great writing style, excellent details and perfectly laid out setting and descriptions. It definitely pleased me that the Shephard in this story made almost all the same character/story decisions as mine, except childhood... But seriously everything else was spot on down to class, so it got me really hooked. But even without that, this was a flipping phenomenal read. I seriously cried. Thank you so much, I look forward to reading your other stuff. Superb job. You should write books for Bioware.
Elizabeth.Electrica chapter 22 . 4/8/2015
La forma en que logras que el suspenso, la angustia y la desesperación consuma por completo al lector. También sobresale la exactitud de la descripción del lenguaje corporal de los personajes, los escenarios, los sonidos, la coherencia de la trama, el orden exacto de los hechos.

Es decir... AMO TU TRABAJO!
Riladell chapter 17 . 2/20/2015
This is heartbreaking. I'm crying
Riladell chapter 5 . 2/19/2015
I think I should've read A handful of dust AFTER this story, but i really liked how a dream in this chapter reminded me about Shepard's visions from a handful of dust. I think you did a great job connecting all your little and big stories, describing the same Shepard in each of them. It really helps to see the whole picture, the whole complex conception of the real Shepard and her inner self. And I don't give a damn that these are not canon stories, because for me they are real, and I can easily see in this version of Shepard the same Shepard who I saw in games. And now I think maybe I'm becoming too annoying with all my enthusiastic reviews for the last few days, sorry :)
Riladell chapter 1 . 2/19/2015
One day and here I am, almost finished reading all your stories, just this one left and several from your tumblr between this one and Handful of dust. And I have a question: have you written smth about Shepard after Cold skies and before ME1, in N7 academy or whatever its called? Im asking because maybe I missed smth. I liked Cold skies and her remembering her youth in Handful of dust very much, and also reading about Garrus' early years was so amazing and interesting :)
AIK2 chapter 22 . 1/5/2015
The last three, no, five chapters was a weep-fest. (Also, I completely failed at resisting reading more than one more chapter. Oh well! I regret nothing!)

This whole story was a roller-coaster of emotions. It was funny, it was exciting and made my heart almost beat out of my chest, and then it made my heart to go my throat and cause liquid to come out of my eyes as it got stuck there. It was beautiful. And that ending.

Thank you for writing this!
AIK2 chapter 13 . 1/5/2015
God damn it, man, I have school tomorrow, and these cliff hangers are just so damn good that I can't stop reading. One more chapter, and I'll try to stop.

Also good job in writing this.
AIK2 chapter 3 . 1/5/2015
Holy shit, that ending. You have me hooked.
sorachicken chapter 2 . 9/23/2014
Only on Chapter 2 right now, and the mood you have set up is so ominous... it feels like a suspense/horror novel. I'm really impressed with your writing and characterization so far. Excited to keep reading!
mllememoire chapter 22 . 8/31/2014
I laughed, I cried, I rejoiced, and my heart melted. This story is absolutely perfect. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!
09Alice1 chapter 22 . 5/25/2014's beautifull. It's much more than this, but I'm sorry for not being able to completly explain it.
It's perfect. I've read a lot of awsome works around. Loved them. But this one just got burned in me. I've read countless works of famous writers, with theirs awards and so on, but I tell you this, and I really feel it: This goes beyond many of their works. The words are not just words. They're tears, smiles, relif, pain, yours, the characters, and ours, the readers, mine.

God this sounds really cheesy, but I really can't help it Lol Glad my face is a secret xD

That being said, good work!
ayanamimi chapter 1 . 5/2/2014
It sure feels weird to comment on an almost two year story, but I made an account just to say it - this was incredible. I'm at a loss of words. I was crying from chapter four all the way to the end, experiencing every possible combination of emotions. The Mako scene was so terrifiyngly beautiful and it had so much meaning and oh my god
I'm probably saving this masterpiece to reread it forever.