Reviews for Ripples in Time
Jason Tandro chapter 1 . 6/26
Well I just finished reading Chapter 1.

I always enjoy well-formulated "in medias res" tales. The lack of knowledge, when done right, hooks readers rather than repels them. You are definitely in the former category as I am compelled to continuing scouring through this story in search of the next dangling carrot.

Your characterization is fantastic, with a great emphasis on the subtler elements that make up human beings. The continued references to the timeline actually expand the opportunity, as your characters (in a brilliant bit, I might add) are getting the chance to see things as we all wish that we could - with the benefit of hindsight while in the moment. The chance to not only correct the wrongs they have set out to correct, but also to gain an appreciation for opportunity that they have lost- youth is no longer wasted on the young.

You have set up a very intricate puzzle using the pieces that were already on the board. The challenges are the exact same as the main game only now that the efforts are in place to prevent them, a whole new crop of problems are sure to arise. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.
UnLike Us chapter 20 . 6/20
thank you for this story. I enjoyed it. The mood of this story was a lot lighter than many of the other time travel ficks I have read yet with ought being a bit on the ridiculous side as the exceptions have been at times. Probably due to that they came back in a group making the whole thing a lot more bearable for everyone.

I really like the friendships you set up between everyone and agree with you that your better at writing about friendships than romance. But that doesn't really matter. I often think that friendship is too often undervalued. But then again that is coming from someone who's never fallen in love.

My favourite combo was the Yuffie Genesis pair. I really appreciated your rendition of his time in captivity and her attempts at keeping him alive and sane.

And of course you have extra brownie points for seeing this story to the end. It doesn't really matter if there was a lot in you plot that was brushed over or early touched upon. The finished story more than makes up for it. Some people tend to get bored when fan ficks become overly long too. Further more, I think that such story telling leaves much room for the readers imagination and the possibility of inspiring them in turn to write a story. I think it may well be a reason for why Final fantasy has such a big fandom to begin with, since it leaves so many contradictions, unexplained behaviours and open endings.

Well that's it for me. Thanks again for sharing this with all of us on the internet.
Kittenlzlz chapter 20 . 2/2
This was so, so good. It was well thought out, well developed and the characters were so real and amazing :'3
Kittenlzlz chapter 12 . 2/1
Hey can you recto some fics? You said you had good Vincent in the lab ones, but honestly any ones you feel like recommending would be appreciated .
Shadowblayze chapter 20 . 1/10
D'awww~!

Wonderful, well-balanced, and comprehensive!

Way to go, you!

Seriously, this is glorious, thank you so much for sharing!
Guest chapter 5 . 12/22/2015
The "monster on the wing" is from an old episode of the Twilight zone, isn't it?
Astrido chapter 20 . 11/16/2015
The story is really crazy, but i like it.
there is just one question that bothers me. i understand maybe why genesis stopped degrading, though it's strange that he got his wing anyhow, but as for angeal, I don't understand why he didn't suffer from degradation.
cheers
Maya
Wynter Spite chapter 20 . 10/16/2015
This story is brilliant, simply marvelous. I love happy endings.
stranger chapter 20 . 9/28/2015
to be honest, the ending bugged me a lot. it's like you just paired everyone with everyone just for some sort of conclusion yknow? i mean i can see vincent and lucrecia and maybe zack and aerith (even though it's still too fast imo) but cloud and tifa? hmm? and cid and shera was also pretty vague. not saying that it's really bad but it's just...yeah...

anyway, i think your story was pretty good. the plot was pretty complicated since so many people traveled back through time. i like that genesis/yuffie broship and generally how the trio interacted with her. it's pretty cute. and also lucrecia with sephiroth was a nice change too. i mean it's cliched but a nice kind of cliched. at least everyone's happy (they deserve it ah).

but the lack of cloud in this story bothers me...i mean at the beginning he was there but at the middle he just...kind of fades and then he really isn't as important as...idk cid? (nice sephiroth/cid bonding too ahaha i liked that) or rufus? or vincent? it's just that cloud became pretty irrelevant overall and there's not really much character development on him (since he's the main character so...i was wondering...)((probably because he's my son so i'm biased but hey right))

overall i think this story is pretty good and i liked it i guess. thank you for finishing it and keep writing :)
Guest chapter 20 . 8/14/2015
I like Godo's "bwuh?" Look when he found out that Yuffie was trying to fix him up with someone.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/25/2015
So, both Cloud and Tifa were borderline illiterate? It sounds like Tifa was reading at a second grade level (about 7 years old), while Cloud was reading at a kindergarten level (about 5 years old) at best.
faunalind chapter 14 . 6/15/2015
Rosso's character was ridiculously over the top in Dirge. "Ah, ve meet again!" There were so many bad things about that game, but seeing Vincent in the cutscenes made me put up with it. I continue to be amazed that they manage to make him look so gorgeous, even with those dorky huge brass boots.

On to part 4!
faunalind chapter 4 . 6/12/2015
End of part 1! I am pretty sure I had read this before, but only vaguely remember any details. I certainly didn't remember the young former-clones, and I love how you fit them in. Maybe I picked it up at a later part.

On to part 2.
faunalind chapter 1 . 6/11/2015
When I started to read your update on "Ashes" I realized I needed to start from the beginning, since it's been awhile. Yuffie braiding flowers in Sephiroth's and Genesis's hair - adorable!
brenden chapter 20 . 6/6/2015