Reviews for Quantum Castaways
anthropomorphizer chapter 10 . 8/18/2014
Excellent story. Twilight is always an interesting character to see experience new situations, and your story definitely counts. I'll enjoy reading more (assuming there is in fact more, on the other site).
The Awes0me 0ne chapter 10 . 2/14/2014
Amazing story so far! Its right up my alley, ponies, strange islands, and FUCKIN DINOSAURS! also, from the descriptions given ive determined that the "rootscrapers" are either similar to or are an herbivoreous dinosaur called Therizinosaurus.

But seriously dude im going to fimfiction right now thank you for writing this so much
Random Guy chapter 10 . 6/13/2013
A bit late I suppose, but I was certainly enjoying this story and would like to see it continued. You mentioned that you'll be continuing it on the FiM site right? I suppose I can understand why you'd be more likely to get feedback there. Not to mention better feedback in general, since this site is little more than a hug-fest and/or an endless stream of people saying "I leik this a lot plz writ more thx".

So, on the subject of feedback, I've been curious. What exactly was the plane carrying when it crashed? I mean, was it loaded down with supplies and ammunition or something? I've been curious as to why he has so many spare rifles and bullets for some time now. Also if the plane crashed in the desert area (near the forest) how exactly did he get all that stuff from the plane into his little fort? I mean, did he really bushwhack something like 5 miles through the jungle while dragging a heavy steel door behind him? Possible plot hole there that I've been really curious about ever since you stated where the plane went down.
Anonymous Viewer chapter 10 . 4/3/2013
It's a shame you're not updating here.

I like the story, but fimfiction's formatting and admins leave something to be desired. I don't really understand why you've stopped. This is still getting the story out to new people, unless you're writing only for the reviews. And if that's the reason.. well whatever makes you happy I suppose.
lh chapter 10 . 2/1/2013
A late, quick apology: I got mixed up between fimFF and EqD fanfic setups and was very wrong with my earlier comment. FimFF's organization is awesome and I love having a rating system, it's EqD that hurts my feels. For whatever it's worth, this is one less person asking you to format for both ffnet and fimff.

Hoping to see an update soon as possible. :D
lh chapter 10 . 11/19/2012
Nooo, I love your story but I HATE fimfanfiction's layout! Finding stuff is a crapshoot and their mobile reading experience kinda blows too. Not saying I'll stop following, but I hope you stay here too.
Rahne4227 chapter 10 . 10/29/2012
Just got a chance to catch up, and wow, those were some fun chapters! I'm digging it but if you're moving to another archive, well I'll just go there too. Keep it up, man, this is genius.
HaywireHakaze chapter 10 . 10/29/2012
To be honest, I never know what to leave in reviews anymore. Especially for stories with long chapters, and if I've read several chapters at once (I read the first 8 chapters in one sitting, and that had been all that was available at the time). It's even worse when it's wonderfully written and everything flows together so fluidly I have a hard time remembering what happened when. Oft times my brain is left a puddle of deliriously happy goo. That's what happened when I read Going On years ago, and in a fit of nostalgia (and the odd hope) I came by to read it again. Then I stumbled onto Quantum Castaways.

I'd say this gif pretty much sums up the extent of my feelings on the whole matter:

At first I thought "this is going to be the last Quantum Castaways update" would make my brain implode. No more?! But then I continued reading and was able to rightly breathe again. Personally, if it's a nuisance to convert the chapters I understand the need to just centralize your work. I'm glad you've gotten this far just because I'm now aware you're still lurking out there, waiting to stun me with what you put together... however, if you want to stop posting on FFnet I have no complaints. I'll just follow you over to your suggested fic site!
Whitefang333 chapter 10 . 10/28/2012
As usuall a very good chapter mostly concentrated on character development.
What was most enjoyable?
The increasing connection betwen our two stranded survivors, meeting the point where it escapes typical human logis. Experiencing magic for the first time must've been for the Marshall a quite powerful experience.
The dream of the ex-pilot.
That was by far best scene of the whole series. I did not see the conclusion coming nor I was ready for it. Excellent emotional swing from typical amusement to mortal fear and then confusion with an icy feeling down the stomach. This dream reminded me a bit of Stephen King's "The Tower" first book where similar type of dream took place. It seems that Marshal might be getting affected by something he has no idea about. My theory is that it is what would've happened to them if they would've left immediately. There is a whole world out there and it seems only as a beginning of the journey. Most intriguing.
Twilight is feeling guilty, her bipedal companion is emotionally drained and stubornly not talking about it and those hidden things usually lead to something bad and it's a downside of their growing relationship whatever it may be (as Twilight said, she doesn't know if it's a friendship so I'm not calling it that).
There is a story behind the scar on the soldier's now cleanly shaven cheek and the resolution to this emotional roller-coaster will come. Twilight's more healthy approach to "talk about your emotions" would take care of that.
I noticed that a lot of very good stories here get few reviews. I'm sorry to see that and I want to let you know that I really appreciate your story and can see how much effort you put into it. Whenever you will decide to stop posting it on ff it's fine. I'm following it on other site as well. Take care.

Fang
rederci939 chapter 10 . 10/26/2012
Don't blame you, but my phone doesn't like Fimfiction for some reason. I almost always read fanfics on my phone, but fimfiction fails to load about 2/3 times for some reason. Minor inconvenience, but like I said, don't blame you for wanting to switch. Too many good stories are flooded by crap and overlooked on fanfiction. Like this one called 'Wings'. Worse than your story's situation, I was literally the only reviewer on fanfiction. A few chapters on fimfiction? Featured Box.

So, now I just need to remember to fave it on fimfiction in the morning.
The Midniyt Stalker chapter 10 . 10/26/2012
i have enjoyed this story very much. even if you do stop uploading it here i will follow it on fimfiction. its a better site anyway.

give me a shout out on there if you want. im The Midnight Stalker on there.
name chapter 10 . 10/26/2012
Pity. But it's a well written story, head and shoulders above what we normally see here at the Pit of Voles.

Actually-well, actually I think I'll email you to ask a particular question about the setting.
Voidangel Soren chapter 10 . 10/26/2012
Yeah, you just ruined MLP with the real omake.

That was funny as all helI though. Great job with the chapter too.

Soren
Vaunt chapter 10 . 10/26/2012
If you want to just post on fimfiction, that's your choice. I understand how posting here can seem to bring little reward for so much work.

But I found this amazing story here, and I would not have been able to do so if you had not posted here at all. Thanks for reaching out.

I will eagerly await what comes next, on any platform.
BlackNhite chapter 6 . 10/26/2012
I've pretty much gone through these first six chapters in a straight row (maybe a few rounds of Battlefield between, but nobody's perfect). I'm frankly giddy at the moment.

I put a lot of stock in how much I'll enjoy a story based on the quality of the narrative. The story-telling itself - even if not cast directly from the mouth of a character in the story - should always have a little bite to it. Emotion, really. Draws me in.

This narrative here is simply sublime. I fricken love the attitude present, the shift from vivid detail to straight humor. It's just brilliant and something I can only hope to emulate in my own little endeavors. Even when the characters aren't interacting (normally the most engaging parts of any story), I'm always entertained. That's just... greatness, plain and simple.

Aside from that, the dynamic between Twilight and Marshall is hilarious. They are pretty much the epitome of "bro's" even if one is a small, cutesy, horned mare. I really like those small moments of inner monologue, like Twi's comparison of Marshall to her mentor. Little extra cushion helps make the mattress softer.

So I like what I see. I'm gonna go get caught up to current now.

Keep the Spirit.