Reviews for Scars
sammygirl1963 chapter 7 . 2/7
Fantastic ending, though I have to admit wanting to read so much more. I'm so glad that Jack opened up, got Brick to listen to him before Brick could race out of their lives again!

Please consider doing other McKenna stories, I would so love to read them.
sammygirl1963 chapter 6 . 2/7
Glad Brick was drunk enough to open up some...now maybe Dale's words are enough to get through to Jack to make him realize that brick really doesn't know if his father truly loves him!
sammygirl1963 chapter 5 . 2/7
Oh wow, thank goodness everyone is keeping such a close eye on Brick or he would have drowned. I was hoping that Dale's hollering at him would get Brick to open up, but I guess it will take osmehting more.
sammygirl1963 chapter 4 . 2/7
Go Jack...you may not know just how serious your son's condition is, but you re taking full charge.

Have I told you yet in my reviews how much of a grasp you have on both characters persona? It is amazing!
sammygirl1963 chapter 3 . 2/7
Mercy, I don't like that jack isn't being told just how serious a condition Brick is in, but hopefully he will figure it out for himself and make Brick stay in the bed!
sammygirl1963 chapter 2 . 2/7
Definitely an awesome second chapter. I'm so glad that Jack decided to go home early as your descriptive writing of Brick's pain has me on the edge of my seat. Luckily for me, this story is finished and I can move on to the next chapter!
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 2/7
I was so pleased to see this story, stumbled onto it by accident. Oh how I loved the show McKenna and the character of Brick. I wanted so much for the show to go on and for jack and Brick to rebuild their relationship. You have no idea how glad I am to have found this story. I am already loving it and wishing you would right more McKenna stories!
pandora jazz chapter 7 . 8/3/2014
What a great ending.
I'm glad the Jack and Brick worked everything out.
Kathy chapter 7 . 8/2/2014
wow, loved it, so very well done, I'm so glad to see you finished this story, I re-read it all today and it felt very realistic, you literally brought tears to my eyes, the way you showed their thoughts and feelings, excellent writing, thank you and I hope you keep writing
Guest chapter 7 . 8/2/2014
Was so thrilled to see this update. I love this fic so much. I hope you write more about Jack and Brick. I would love to see more of their new dynamic. I'd especially like to see Jack nursing Brick back to health.
Terry Kay chapter 7 . 8/2/2014
Thank you so much for finishing this! Good ending!
kathy chapter 6 . 12/2/2013
great chapter, story is developing well, you really have shown their characters well, such angst and emotion, please write more,
Mary Ann chapter 6 . 7/3/2013
Great story, I just found it..I have always liked the McKenna's, mainly Brick LOL I liked this little different twist to Brick's life and the horrible headaches he is suffering, stubborn young man, he needs to do what the Dr told him. I like Dale and glad he faced off with Jack. Now need to know if this face to face helped or what, before something worse happens to Brick..
Good work and hope to see more soon!
Kona Linda chapter 6 . 4/15/2013
I am grinding my teeth in frustration. Both Brick and Jack are in the wrong here. But Jack's responsibility stems from the way he has treated Brick all his life. It is not hard to understand Brick's anger. But he really has to swallow his pride and tell his family what is happening. Not withstanding Jack's attitude, the rest of the family deserves to know. They have never been anything but supportive to him.

Your story prompted me to order the series on DVD and I have been enjoying the show all over again!

Loving the story and can't wait to see the next chapter.

Linda
Kathy chapter 6 . 4/8/2013
Wow, excellent chapter, really getting into the heart of the matter, the emotional issue, glad I found these new chapters and hope you write and post more soon. Brick's not getting better is such a concern, and what will happen next?