Reviews for The Awful Daring
JinnySkeans chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Off to a beautiful start! Nothing like a flawless introduction to completely sucker me in (as you always do.)

I'm a huge fan of present tense stories. Present tense gives the reader an in-the-now look at what's happening, which makes it easier to picture things as they are occurring. It's not always easy to remain in this tense without slipping into past tense narrative, but you've done beautifully so far.

You have a real talent for description as well. You don't waste words, but with just this chapter alone, I feel like I have a real grasp on Sakura's nature. You're making my job as a reader extremely easy, because you've made the heroine of the story such a sympathetic and relatable character; it's no work at all to get inside her head because you've introduced her so thoroughly to us.

I like how we know less about Sasuke than we do about Sakura. He's mysterious by nature and his motives are unclear, but I really loved this line:

"Because he'd been given a choice, and he'd chosen her, and Sasuke doesn't make choices that he doesn't believe in."

I thought it was a beautiful summation of Sasuke's character, and true to his canon counterpart, which is always important. I love AU stories, but I appreciate when writers keep the characters IN character, and Sasuke's quiet, subtle devotion to Sakura is spot-on.

I'm really, really excited to see where this goes. This was a flawless introductory chapter, and I literally can't wait to read more! Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us :)
Pricililica chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
Perfeito. Sasuke idiota e burro.
cutecrazyice chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
DAMN IT. ANNIE WHY ARE YOU TUGGING AT MY HEARTSTRINGS. WHY IS THISLKAJDALKDLKAJLDAJD. I CAN'T EVEN. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL AND SO SAD AND SOALKJDKLASDSLKADLAJD. D: I LOVE THIS CHAPTER AND IT BREAKS MY HEART.
Lady Miel Cacao chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
NO offense to you but as for that last line: it's about freaking time!
Guest chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
wow, i want to cry. please update soon!
Lady Miel Cacao chapter 2 . 7/1/2012
This is really good! Please update this soon! :D
Kemi Kemi chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
your stories always make my days brighter 3
wingedmercury chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
lol, reviewing backwards...thought I read the first chapter, but I thought WRONG.

This is a really beautiful fic, one of your best, imho. The pacing is perfect and breathy, almost, and the imagery is vivid. It flows really well. Beautiful.

And naw, I don't think you're rusty:)
wingedmercury chapter 2 . 6/24/2012
I liked this chapter a lot. Nice detail, and that last line had a lot of punch to it. Oh SasuSaku, forever doomed to be angsty and beautiful T-T
therentyoupay chapter 2 . 6/22/2012
Beautiful, as always. What a perfect set-up.
Cinma chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
This is so... beautifully written. I'm in love with your writing style - actually, I just love everything and anything you write. Ha. There's so much I want to say but I'm so distracted by the picture of Dick Grayson hovering above your story LOL

HE IS PERFECT AND WONDERFUL AND - SIGH.

But seriously, I really really REALLY like this! Okay, I obviously don't have anything intelligible to say because my mind keeps wandering back to Nightwing. I will stop now.
Sakura's Unicorn chapter 2 . 6/17/2012
Annie, I love the kind of reserved happiness you paint here. Sakura enjoys her honeymoon...but it's oddly telling how much of it is about her-Sakura reading, Sakura shopping, Sakura tripping, Sakura naming constellations. Sasuke feels mostly absent, only there to lend occassional support or be an ear or a hand on her hip or wrist. It makes me wonder what she finds herself married to because this doesn't feel like an old friend that you've shared comfortable silences with. How much has Sasuke changed since she knew him?

I feel wary moving forward...I'm worried for Sakura's heart, but strangely, I'm worried for Sasuke's too. I'd love to get a peek in his head, see what he sees when he looks at Sakura, feel the weight of his familial obligations and how he weighs Sakura against them.

Beautifully emotional, Annie...and, as always, you leave me thinking and waiting for more.
Girlalicious chapter 2 . 6/15/2012
Lat part was super sad.

:C

I love it.

:D new favorite chapter
rtsasusaku chapter 2 . 6/13/2012
This is so beautiful. Your writing is beautiful. I love this lol. Please update soon!
abriel chapter 2 . 6/12/2012
Cannot wait until you update!
218 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »