Reviews for The Awful Daring
Chantrea Moonbeam chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
Darn it. I can't count the number of times my heart stopped while reading the course of this story. _
I want to read the next!
JinnySkeans chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
I'm just blown away. Both by your incredible talent, and the events that occurred this chapter.

I feel like I'm getting to know Sakura more and more as a person the more I read. You've painted a vivid picture of her internal struggles, wanting to measure up to the high standards of the Uchiha Clan while trying to hold onto her own identity. Sakura's evolution into a powerful kunoichi and a skilled medic in the manga is her defining quality, and to see her mourning the loss of what she's accomplished in favor of supporting her husband is very powerful. She wants to return to medicine because it's her calling and her passion, but she's willing to shelve her own desires for Sasuke's benefit, because she loves him more than she loves herself.

I like how you're showing Sasuke's frustration with where they're at as well. Without getting right inside his head, I feel like I'm finding out more and more about him: his protectiveness over Sakura, his sexual interest in her and his desire to hear her opinions, even if no one else around them seems willing to listen. It's showing both sides of the fence, while preserving Sasuke's somewhat private nature: he's not the type to describe what he's feeling, even to his wife.

I love your vocabulary, too. It's high-level without you trying too hard to impress anyone. You pick words that move the story along, and the whole thing is very fluid, compared to the more staccato patterns that can halt or trip up the flow of a story. It's gradual and you don't throw extraneous detail in our faces; instead, you provide a fluid framework and we as readers can fill in the details ourselves.

Even though I want Sasuke and Sakura to work out as a couple, part of me was thrilled when she told him she wanted a divorce. It's a heartbreaking concept to consider, especially with two characters we push so hard for, but Sasuke's infidelity had to have been the final straw. There's much more to Sakura than the pretty wife of Sasuke, and seeing her stand up for herself, and make a stab for her own happiness, is gratifying. It's a great analogy to the manga; Sakura finding her own identity separate of her friends, and realizing that she too has worth and importance on her own. Knowing she deserves better than what she has and pursuing her own happiness makes her a very easy character to identity with.

Each chapter of your story improves upon the last. On a site that's bleeding talent, it's so great to see that people like you are sticking around and making this place worthwhile. You're an incredible, incredible writer and I'm so glad I found your story. Thank you for sharing, good luck with everything! :)
JinnySkeans chapter 2 . 7/6/2012
Heartbreakingly gorgeous second chapter. I've only been reading this story for a few minutes, but already I feel emotionally invested in what's going on. That takes such skill, to be able to engage a reader so intensely that they feel like they're involved in the events occurring, and my heart's aching right now for Sakura AND Sasuke.

They had a proper honeymoon, but it seems like Sasuke went out of his way to make sure she enjoyed herself, like he's trying to make up for the fact that it won't always be an idyllic husband-wife relationship. Sakura's semiawareness of that makes her all the more sympathetic as a character, even if the feminist in me wants her to stand up for herself and demand what she deserves from Sasuke.

I absolutely love the way you describe the scenery. You transition effortlessly between scenes, it's fluid and realistic and gorgeous and I absolutely can't wait to see what happens next.

Also, I read The Little Prince in Italian class my freshman year of college. Almost impossible to get through with just one semester, but a wonderful story all the same. Glad to see another fan! :)
JinnySkeans chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Off to a beautiful start! Nothing like a flawless introduction to completely sucker me in (as you always do.)

I'm a huge fan of present tense stories. Present tense gives the reader an in-the-now look at what's happening, which makes it easier to picture things as they are occurring. It's not always easy to remain in this tense without slipping into past tense narrative, but you've done beautifully so far.

You have a real talent for description as well. You don't waste words, but with just this chapter alone, I feel like I have a real grasp on Sakura's nature. You're making my job as a reader extremely easy, because you've made the heroine of the story such a sympathetic and relatable character; it's no work at all to get inside her head because you've introduced her so thoroughly to us.

I like how we know less about Sasuke than we do about Sakura. He's mysterious by nature and his motives are unclear, but I really loved this line:

"Because he'd been given a choice, and he'd chosen her, and Sasuke doesn't make choices that he doesn't believe in."

I thought it was a beautiful summation of Sasuke's character, and true to his canon counterpart, which is always important. I love AU stories, but I appreciate when writers keep the characters IN character, and Sasuke's quiet, subtle devotion to Sakura is spot-on.

I'm really, really excited to see where this goes. This was a flawless introductory chapter, and I literally can't wait to read more! Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us :)
Pricililica chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
Perfeito. Sasuke idiota e burro.
cutecrazyice chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
DAMN IT. ANNIE WHY ARE YOU TUGGING AT MY HEARTSTRINGS. WHY IS THISLKAJDALKDLKAJLDAJD. I CAN'T EVEN. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL AND SO SAD AND SOALKJDKLASDSLKADLAJD. D: I LOVE THIS CHAPTER AND IT BREAKS MY HEART.
Lady Miel Cacao chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
NO offense to you but as for that last line: it's about freaking time!
Guest chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
wow, i want to cry. please update soon!
Lady Miel Cacao chapter 2 . 7/1/2012
This is really good! Please update this soon! :D
Kemi Kemi chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
your stories always make my days brighter 3
wingedmercury chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
lol, reviewing backwards...thought I read the first chapter, but I thought WRONG.

This is a really beautiful fic, one of your best, imho. The pacing is perfect and breathy, almost, and the imagery is vivid. It flows really well. Beautiful.

And naw, I don't think you're rusty:)
wingedmercury chapter 2 . 6/24/2012
I liked this chapter a lot. Nice detail, and that last line had a lot of punch to it. Oh SasuSaku, forever doomed to be angsty and beautiful T-T
therentyoupay chapter 2 . 6/22/2012
Beautiful, as always. What a perfect set-up.
Cinma chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
This is so... beautifully written. I'm in love with your writing style - actually, I just love everything and anything you write. Ha. There's so much I want to say but I'm so distracted by the picture of Dick Grayson hovering above your story LOL

HE IS PERFECT AND WONDERFUL AND - SIGH.

But seriously, I really really REALLY like this! Okay, I obviously don't have anything intelligible to say because my mind keeps wandering back to Nightwing. I will stop now.
Sakura's Unicorn chapter 2 . 6/17/2012
Annie, I love the kind of reserved happiness you paint here. Sakura enjoys her honeymoon...but it's oddly telling how much of it is about her-Sakura reading, Sakura shopping, Sakura tripping, Sakura naming constellations. Sasuke feels mostly absent, only there to lend occassional support or be an ear or a hand on her hip or wrist. It makes me wonder what she finds herself married to because this doesn't feel like an old friend that you've shared comfortable silences with. How much has Sasuke changed since she knew him?

I feel wary moving forward...I'm worried for Sakura's heart, but strangely, I'm worried for Sasuke's too. I'd love to get a peek in his head, see what he sees when he looks at Sakura, feel the weight of his familial obligations and how he weighs Sakura against them.

Beautifully emotional, Annie...and, as always, you leave me thinking and waiting for more.
251 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 .. Last Next »