Reviews for Priority of Life
typroctor-ewaguy chapter 1 . 12/4/2019
I've read a lot of fanfiction, but this piece of work was excellent. You are a Densi master effie. Thank you so much for a fanfiction I'll not soon forget.
Leah chapter 1 . 5/19/2015
omg I absolutely LOVED it so much it was so so cute loved the end loved all of it
BrightGrey chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
I love your style of writing, it's very...poetic and fluid. Love it! :)
miss-tarletone chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Wonderful story! I really enjoyed the ending.
epic how chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Loved, loved 'if to when' and all your beautiful parentheticals. Argh-just gorgeous.
stefaniegk chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
I love everything about this story. The writing is beautiful and makes me weepy in a happy way. Here are a few of my favorite quotes

Then again, Kensi Blye has never met a challenge she couldn't accept, and Deeks has never found a rule he couldn't break.

(The wind chimes hanging above where they ate dinner whisper welcome home.)

Thank you for this and please write more.
Aveo amacus chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
Can't believe I'd forgotten to review this before now, I do keep re-reading it!

Love the back/shoulder rub scene it's so cute and them. Also how she turns up at the end of the case like that's her proper place - which of course it is! And love how neither of them asks for a divorce ;)
F Maurice chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Very good portrayal of Kensi's emotions.
ZBBZL chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Aww! I simply loved this! The sweetness, the almost light, bird-like flutter that your writing is to me. I don't know how to explain this, but I guess that if I tried to put it in images, reading this was like watching a little bird flap its wings, perched on a tree, and prepare to fly. Or the swirl of a flouncing skirt as a girl dances and twirls. I don't know, I guess I sound like a fool, but I thought it was really poetic. Quiet, peaceful, just like this kiss, the simplest brushing of lips and thumbs on cheeks. Just like a hand finding another in the dark, limbs molding and tangling just because. Because it's meant to be.

I got so many favorite lines, entire segments that I'm just gonna choose my very favorite here!
"(There are lines, after all; borders that should not be crossed.
The sense of inevitability matches the bold pattern of the duvet cover.)"

"...not only is Deeks not going anywhere, she doesn't want him to.
There's much to be said for denial, for building a wall to contain feelings that could get her killed, but she realizes all the stonemasonry in the world is useless when someone wields a jackhammer. And in her case, the jackhammer is a sharp-tongued blond-haired devil with a surfboard, a badge and a dangerous glint in his eye." I think someone has no problem with burning in Hell, if the Devil is Marty Deeks. That kinda has Florence The Machine's "Drumming" ringing in my ears: "Sweeter than heaven, and hotter than hell." Detective Deeks, by definition. Anyway, on with it! :)

"Caught in the wind of her history, she'd always been sure she'd prefer a crowded room over solitary with him because in the former, at least she'd been taught protocol: hide behind an outfit or a badge; someone else's name and someone else's mission. But he'd effortlessly refuted all those lies despite how fully formed they'd been, and it turned out he was ten times more dangerous than an assassin with an AK aimed at her heart. Deeks didn't just have her in the crosshairs; he'd already fired, and she could feel her footing slipping from beneath her just as fluidly." I loved this, right here. Love how Deeks has just turned her world upside down, taken her off guard, thrown her off balance, because no protocol, no rules well established even for years could ever keep her heart from beating faster and making her fall hard. And that, yeah, that's even more dangerous than anything else. But dangerous in a thrilling way, not scary only!

"She'd picked herself up after she'd lost her father, Jack and Dom, but there is something about Deeks – perhaps that he really is the only one she trusts; the one into whom she puts what little faith this world has left her – that makes it feel like she might not survive if he didn't." Of course there's something special about this man. Who's not just a goofy, annoying sidekick. Who's not just been thrown in there, unwanted and unprofession. Who's so, so much more than just her partner by now.

And THIS ONE has to be my favorite because I truly, absolutely believe in it: "why she'd translated I love you into you're the only one I trust."

And the continuation: "She'd known the message had been received when he requested a beer every day for the rest of his life. It was a pointed promise, something that pierced her like a sword, and It was why when the smallpox case came along, she'd steeled herself for potentially the greatest landmine she'd ever walk, Russian lasers be damned, and told him as clearly as she could how losing him would feel." I LOVE this. Because there's a depth to Touch of Death that more people should work on (YES JESS I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU). And I think that The Debt, The Blyes, ToD and NW need to be seen as pivot, as the founders of something huge.

I love the easy banter, especially about Deeks supposedly being tired of his wifey's prowess in the bedroom. And I love that Kensi questions for once if she's been the one pushing too far. I love the carrying over the threshold thing, both at the beginning and at the end, an adorable way to conclude this.

In no particular order, because I picked the quotes and copy/pasted them, I also loved:
"(Survival is sometimes hard to believe, let alone live, and apart from each other, the only thing they can trust is feeling the other person's body safely beside them.
Personal space ceases to exist because their ends cannot come when the universe is unable to figure out where one body begins and the other ceases.)"

"She nearly chokes on Wonder Bread and Kraft Singles when she realizes this is about as close to her definition of "perfect" that she's ever been."

"(For a long time, she'd thought it was about finding the calm in the storm, but in actuality, it's about finding someone willing to brave the elements in the first place.)"

"(As she stacks his plate on top of hers, she rests a hand on his shoulder, squeezing lightly, and when he looks up at her with a slightly puzzled expression on her face, she simply shakes her head again.
There's no reason why this time. She just wanted to do it.
The stalemate shatters in the still night, and the narrative changes from if to when.)"

I THINK IT'S OBVIOUS THAT I LOVE YOUR PARENTHESIS !

Loved the whole segment about the massage. The sweetness in it, where it could have lead to some sexy times, and yet remains tender, and lovely. Absolutely adorable, again. "Instead, he tentatively slides his arm around her shoulders – whether his hesitancy stems from the same sparks she feels shock her as they dance down her spine or his worry she'll haul off and hit him, she can't determine – and in that moment she doesn't worry about what this is going to mean, or that it's finally now in a moment of now or never. Instead she curls into him, resting her head on his shoulder, and feels the smile as it slowly spreads across his face when he rests his cheek on the crown of her head.
(The wind chimes hanging above where they ate dinner whisper welcome home.)"

I love the sweetness of the little scene in the bedroom. How she reaches for his hand, how they wake up wrapped into one another, how they just stay there, just looking at each other, and the kiss on the forehead! God, you can ask Jess, or even see it on our crazy tweets, I love the sweet kisses!
"He repeats the action and even in the darkness she can still make out the vivacity that brightens his eyes – that same one that tries to keep her from descending into hell even as they're two steps away from it; that glint that, despite all the death they see, is her tether to not only the living, but also faith and hope.
(Faith, hope and love; in their case, not virtues but instead promises to keep; a reward for the many miles they've traveled before they can sleep.)
She rests one hand beneath her pillow, the other on the mattress, and his own fingers brush against hers for a moment before she slides her palm across his knuckles and links their hands together.
(They wake up with much more than just their hands tangled together. He's halfway on her pillow and her left leg is snug between his calves, his body heat warming her chilled toes in the grayish light of dawn.
They lie still for close to half an hour, just looking at each other, whispering throaty good mornings and how did you sleeps.
He kisses her forehead before rolling out of bed to take a shower, and it's not the blankets that make her warm in his absence.
It's the knowledge, absolute and undying, that that moment was another harbinger, this time of happiness, not doom.)"

I need to stop quoting because this review will feel like reading yourself! But, heh... ;)
"It's not all perfect, far from it, but then again, when has anything been easy for them?
(It also means more, given her nature, that they have to fight for it.
And she will, every single time, because she knows he's in it as much as she is.
He tells her every morning just by being in the bed next to her.
If he's not going anywhere, then neither is she.)"

"After all, there's nothing wrong with falling in love." And Kensi admitting she's already fallen hard... I love this!

I love the entire paragraph around which she realizes just this: "He's the best she can do."

And I love the way you conclude this. It's sweet, it's fun, it's them. Amazing work! :)
jmlane1966 chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
You are a true wordsmith! That was the most beautifully written piece I've ever read. This is the most poetic look at This relationship. You are gifted and I'm very impressed with your writing. Thank you for sharing such an incredible story.
Reader1976 chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
'Sighh' Very sweet! Like your style :)
Insane. Certifiably chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
That was so very much them. I liked the bit about the kiss being a hello, not a goodbye and loved the caller ID's at the end and that last line.
Great job.
ImpactedJudgment chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
I read this one (out of the order I'm currently employing) on the recommendation of a friend.

I love fics that take the challenge of delving into the soul and thoughts of a character, and if you knew me in the slightest you'd know how much I appreciate your lovely use of words.

I was literally on the edge of my seat in fascination, not only of the unfolding story, but also of the colorful and diverse vocabulary you chose.

But enough of that...

As of late, I've been pondering the motives Kensi could have had for kissing Deeks (not that I mind in the least). How amazingly happy for me that you've painted here most of the reasons I myself surmised.

No need for me to repeat what you've already so beautifully narrated, but I would like to point out that it's very clear that while Deeks may refrain from his impulses for his own reasons (which I also have theories on), Kensi seems to do it out of what you so aptly described here.

And now, I think I'll go check if you have any other fics for me to sink my chops into!

Ah, another thing. If the Jess which you mentioned in your author's note is the same Jess that recommended this fic to me, then I see we have a mutual friend. If not, then may we each "enjoy" our Jesses. ;)
alexcullen1 chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Aw that was adorable!
Muzzy-Olorea chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
I am a newcomer to Kensi/Deeks - a friend recommended 3x22 as she knows I love procedural crime dramas and cute ships and I fell head over heels for them. Hope to catch up on their episodes over the summer hiatus.

Anyway, I love this fic. It was so beautifully written and fit into the episode wonderfully. You have a fantastic way with words.