Reviews for All Is Not As It Seems
AcesOfSpade chapter 4 . 7/27/2013
Do you still need a collaborator, because I would be glad to help. Just PM me if you still need one. :D
city bookworm chapter 4 . 5/31/2013
The team as kids is so cute. I like that the pov was Ianto's.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 4 . 5/12/2013
*sighed*

If I could collaborate, I would love too...
But I'm not sure since I'm not touch(write) fic of HP, and still called new with Torchwood, so I'm not sure...yet.

Hoping someone will help you! or maybe miracle will happen to you!
Anon chapter 3 . 10/5/2012
Hello! This is an interesting idea you have, but I've got problems with it. Normally I steer clear of Gwen-bashing fics, not because I think she's perfect, but because the bashing always feels like it goes too far. Most don't allow her to be a real person, who can change and grow as a character. I understand hating her flaws - none of the fics I really enjoy bash Gwen, but they don't flat out ignore her flaws, either. If anything, they draw attention to them without making her seem like an evil, vile person. That's what it feels like you're doing here. I'm sorry to be this way, but if you want an example of a story that acknowledges her flaws without flat-out bashing her, check out the sequels to "What Never Should Be." I'd mention them specifically, but since it's an AU, you sort of need to read everything to get what's going on anyway. (And let me be very clear here - I'm not defending her as a perfect person, because she sure as hell ISN'T - she's naive, judgmental, and assumes more than she should. I'm just saying that she's not evil, either. I'd also like to mention that there are too many things I hate about Torchwood the series to flat out like it, but I love the Torchwood TEAM very much. One of the problems is that they focus too much on Gwen and not enough on other, more interesting characters. I'd have much preferred it if the series had focused more on Ianto - especially after the debacle with Lisa.)

That said, I also have a problem with the whole "Slytherins Evil" thing. Look at Snape - in the end, was he really evil? Check out Bella the Strange's "The Magic of Torchwood" - her fic is sort of what you've got going here, but done in her own style. She's got Jack in Slytherin - because that house is about cunning. Jack was a CON MAN, so he understands using things to his advantage. It doesn't make him evil - just a bit manipulative. (As a result of her fic, I've decided Jack could be in either - just make it believable.) And remember - Peter Petigrew was a Gryffindor, and he turned out to be evil.

I also don't think Slytherin is a house full of 'jealousy and envy.' I'd almost say it's an insult to Slytherin to put Gwen there, because she's not cunning enough to fit in. She's not tactful, she's not clever, she doesn't understand the way the world works. Really, all she's got going for her is that she's brave in the face of the weird and abnormal. (See, I can bash Gwen, too.) Well, that and she's very compassionate. (Which you aren't showing much of here.) She also doesn't seem to have much ambition, either.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I think the idea of Ianto being descended from Dumbledore is a fascinating idea, partially because JK came out and said 'By the way, Dumbledore was supposed to be gay!' - what is up with a post-story expose on that, anyway? It only made his interactions with Harry a bit creepy - and partially because I wonder how it's going to affect everything else. Also going by his given name? I'd think it'd make more sense for him to remain Ianto Jones, so no one would feel he was getting any special attention because he's related to the headmaster. Just saying.
DanceOfTheEntWives chapter 4 . 7/6/2012
i think i could help you. if you think you could use my help that is. i always get too many ideas, and can't write them all into fics. if you're interested, just send me a message.
after all, this fic does seem interesting
Serenity Harkness chapter 4 . 6/19/2012
I would attempt to help...but I am a procrastinator to the core...and have a hard time writing down story ideas when I get them so...Yeah...hope you find someone!
Xx-silent-assassin-xX chapter 3 . 6/17/2012
There's going to be more of this story, right? Please say there will be! I would love to read more.
phoenixfire44 chapter 3 . 6/16/2012
Okay, this review is for the story so far. I noticed you have some words that aren't right for the context and random underlining (or is that purposeful?). One mistake I noticed while Ianto was getting Sorted was you put genital, as in the area of the body, rather than gentle, which is what it should have been. I noticed some others, as well, just thought I would let you know. Also, Gwen seems to show her true self very abruptly, and I wish there had been more lead up. However, I do like the story so far, and I like that Dumbledore is Ianto's grandfather, though his name is ridiculous. I hope you continue this soon.
keria1123 chapter 3 . 6/3/2012
you dhould make this into a series
kentrek1 chapter 3 . 5/23/2012
good start, but why is it say itis finished. this story has just begun from what i can tell
DashingHero chapter 3 . 5/22/2012
Great story. Would love it if you carried on with torchwood's harry potter adventure. Pretty please.
Ducky chapter 3 . 5/21/2012
I enjoyed reading your story :) Please write more about Torchwood's Hogwarts experience!