Reviews for Farewell
SuperiorDimwit chapter 1 . 5/23/2014
I know how the anime ends, although I haven't seen all the episodes until that. Reading your poem, it feels like it would have been suitable to end the tale with something like this. Your words are well chosen, and I can relate the stanzas to Ciel without little difficulty.

I'm not sure if you deliberately decline to establish a metre, for some stylistic purpose I'm afraid eludes me, but if you did I wouldn't mind knowing what the reason was. I tried to read the whole poem several times, tried to find the flow, but I feel no rhythmic system and... well, I have nothing against free verse, but I don't believe this is intended to be free verse. There is clearly an effort made towards couplets, but when said couplets don't match in metre the poem stumbles and it feels weird to read. I think it's a pity that it does, 'cause the idea is good.
live.die.be chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
I adore this. Rewatched Kuroshitsuji just last week, and came to reread this too.

Ahh, Ciel, such perfect characterisation in this. Lovely.

Fanfiction. net has such a bad habit of eating things, doesn't it? I saw that you needed to use periods to separate the paragraphs, good idea, least obtrusive. And speaking of fanfiction. net eating things, it seems to have eaten one of your spaces in paragraph three, line two.

Wonderful poem. For sure it's a favorite of mine.
AllenxEdward chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Great story! I love the rhyme scheme and how the story flowed so well. Amazing!
Angel From Hell96 chapter 1 . 5/23/2012