Reviews for Trust
Inmate XIV chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Wow.

It's been a really long time since I read a story by you. And I really, really regret that.

Let me start by saying that this was very well written. I've just finished reading Death Note, and I really have no intention of watching the anime. Because even though people have recommended it to me, I feel like the anime is going to be too different from the manga. Just like every other anime/manga pair that I've watched/read.

It was also interesting to see Raito used instead of Light. That kinda caught me off guard but it was nice to see the Japanese version used instead of the English. :3

I've also begun to love the pairing of Light/L. They just sort of...click together to me. Even though I like L/Misa a little more for some reason, lol.

I favorited this a while ago, but was waiting to review until I finally finished the manga. I enjoyed it a lot, and hope to see more for Death Note and Kingdom Hearts from you. ;)

Bye bye!

- Silver Dawn
cloudcukoolander chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
I like how you said "even gods can die" at the end.
I see how it symbolized light's fear of his own death
and also the shinigami's way of death, which was
through love. So, if Light really was a "God", do
you think that's why he died? Through love of his
own world? Himself? L?
YomikoJeevas chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
An interesting take. I like it!
kokorobokun chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Hello there! I hope you don't mind my review being split in parts like how you wrote your story? :D Here goes (Ah, btw, I wrote the review after I read one part. So after I read part I, I write the review, then continue reading to the next part, and write the review for it. haha. Weird, I know. :p):

I) I felt some loneliness here. Like, L and Raito were both exceptional geniuses; it's understandable that their lives would be 'bland', seeing there's no one could match their ingeniousness levels. But they found each other; so the 'challenge' was born, there's this 'excitement' in their lives now because finally there's someone worth to be looked at to (rather than looked down). You know, I can't help but think about Ken'ichi Matsuyama (the actor who played L in the films) when I read your L here. haha. XD. I really like the way L approached Raito, saying "Trust me."; its mean was just so deep to me and the way Raito finally yielded to L. And it's cute to think that L smelled so lovely like that. :p

III) My gosh. How true was that? People like L and Raito; of course their childhood weren't like any other normal kids. They probably had been more mature than most kids their age. Gah, so sad. :( They couldn't even have a tiny bit of 'happiness' in their childhood. Btw, why did I feel like L was trying to "turn" Raito away, to somehow make him stop his deeds as Kira in this third (III) part? Like, from his act of telling Raito his own fear, then saying "Fear is nothing to be ashamed of." hehe. :p

V) Kyaa, Raito started to crumble down. XD

VI) Near! haha. I love Near. :p I'd like to think one of the person Raito probably hoped to be there; to help him, would be Misa. After all, she's so devoted to him.

VII) L's death always make me sad. And imagining in the last moment of his life as he fell from the couch, staring at Raito's evil smirk, knowing that he's Kira (as he definitely would've guessed) was SAD. And Raito, now he'll be alone again. Tragedy. :(

IX) That's what killing him the most. Denying he missed L, even so far as trying to deceive himself. This was where the "regret" of killing L settled in. Slowly.

X) ...Well, my fear and Raito's the same then. haha. XD I am scared of dying too, to the point it's almost laughable. :p

To summarize my (messed up) review (haha. :p): this is a great story. There's a consistent message from the beginning to the end: that if Raito would just "give it a chance", there is a "bright future" for him. You know, it's like mulling the what-if's; if only Raito will admit (to himself) that he's still human, that he doesn't have to outdo L, that they both can get along just fine; he wouldn't have to face his fear (of dying). Well, it's my opinion anyway. hehe. :p

At last, this is a wonderful work! :DDDD

-Black Melody- D
Shaded Silvering Grey chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
I need to read DN now that I've read it clean. It is wonderfully stylistic, and beautifully convayed to the audience. I enjoyed it, but then again, I've never read/watched DN. I know what's going to happen now. 1. I will finish my review. 2. You will tell me to not make you look like a review whore. 3. I will say get over it 'cause I love it, and you never ask me to review.

Love the story.

(Member of Critics United)