Reviews for Always Learn From Past Mistakes
Alex Aces chapter 24 . 2/10
Hey! Just wanted to say I've lived your story thus far, and that I'm following you and it in the hopes that you continue it.
Oh, please update again soon.
I really and truly hope you start updating this again. I know you haven't updated in forever but I truly hope you have abandoned this. I love how real you're Harry seems as a 15 year old getting all those titles and responsibilities. Update again soon (:
Runecutter chapter 24 . 12/18/2014
Oh no! I call BS on the "Andromeda was the nasty one for betraying her poor suffering family so much".
To accept such a warping of the common laws of decency and humanity as preferable behavior just because your family is 1000 years old and does not like change a bit is strictly insane.
Okay i can see why it was necessary to do SOMETHING with Andromeda as you had been so absurdly apologetic to the monstrosities the other family members gladly committed in YKWs service, but making Andy the guilty one in this drama is just tasteless.

If you love somebody you do not punish them for seeking out love where and how they can find it. You do not curse their name as traitor and scum. And you certainly never go after them and try to kill them as unworthy filth. The ones condemning Mrs Tonks for her decision are the disgusting ones, not Andromeda who never would have gotten a chance to act that way had she asked for permission.

I'm not too sure about "Grey Area" as a self monicker either. Sounds pretty arrogant and silly.

The only positive thing about these last few chapters were the nice interactions between Harry and his "multiples"... for some contract marriages they are quite well set in scene and the participants act as if they really want them to succeed. can't ask for much more.
JordanMathias chapter 24 . 10/14/2014
Really? You leave it off here?! Argh! This has been a fantastic work and I cam excited to see how it continues!
jesskalynn4 chapter 24 . 9/26/2014
I hope you start updating again soon. I want to see how Harry approaches the other brides. And how they all work together.
Jonn Wolfe chapter 24 . 9/17/2014
This is a beautifully written story, with a plot that is easily followed and rather unique in the ficdom. I do hope you come back to this, because I'm completely enthralled with it.
harrynginnyinatree chapter 24 . 6/22/2014
I hope that this story isn't abandoned, I really want to know where this is going. What about Sirius? When is he getting out?
HufflepuffWoman chapter 24 . 6/9/2014
Please upate
Awesomeness2502 chapter 24 . 1/25/2014
Always Learn From Past Mistakes is a really good story, I hope there will be a Harry/Luna pairing soon :)...
Ananniemous chapter 24 . 1/6/2014
omg please update this its soooooo good :))))))
GinaKim chapter 2 . 11/25/2013
Lily had the same emerald eyes as Harry but she was not his mother. I am done here.
GinaKim chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
WBWL stories seem to be more interesting if James and Lily survived and then start showing favoritism towards the WBWL. But I'll read for now.
RebeccaRoy chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
Wow, this is a great start, like how Harry has a good life here.
Runecutter chapter 12 . 10/25/2013
Okay, the move fits manipulative Dumbledore, up to the vain thought he could talk anybody in a guilt induced admission of big concessions... (and is so much smarter to outwit them into GLADLY make those concessions) but it is far too much and far too obvious a monkey business to be believably achievable even by him.

I'd say to really shoot of the crown of the business he should have tried to just take the Potter title ... with the explanation that unfortunately the not disclosure of their parents wills prevented the BWL from gaining the title their father would have wanted him to carry.
And Harry could sit back suffisantly and just reply that then it is highly unfortunate that the headmaster worked so hard to illegally block their wills and meddle with the children's placement and inheritance including that harry was prevented from even KNOWING he had a brother until he came to Hogwarts which means the trust fond could not be put up earlier, so now the situation clearly would be to blame on his shoulders.
Then point at the education by muggles that leaves Dominic woefully bad prepared for the job of a lord, where Harry as raised with Neville was already not too well schooled in the important aspects and had to learn hard to catch up with the responsibilities, a workload that would take the vastly lesser prepared Dominic years to come until he could be seen as remotely ready.
And of course he has a LOT of families to be responsible for and take care that they are funded and well supported, giving lots of money to a boy still in school for whatever needs Dumbledore seems to think the kid has does not necessarily match with that duty, when keeping in mind that he already is well supported for a hogwarts student. Not to mention the BWL is not even related to those families by blood half as closely as Harry is so Draco would be a far better heir if he should abdicate the Black block of titles (Lestrange is an example, i did not really keep track of all the others, If Peverell was among them it should come through the Potter title so would be a distant option if Dumbldedore had not kept Dominic out of it by illegally blocking the will reading)

And maybe suggest if Dumbledore wants to force the issue to either give him the Lord Dumbledore title by abdicating himself or create a new lordship of Dursley-Evans in Surrey. Althought that might be a bit cheeky when he still has the higher ground, you bet it would be SO satisfying to stuff that into his ever smiling twinkly face!

I think such a solution would stay true to your intent with the story and chapter, but work much better with the premise and give Dumbledore far lesser chances to try and retry as he would not be able to really come up with anything contradicting these arguments. AND rub a lot of the shit he has heaped upon both boys back into the old man's beard. ;)

Ehhh just curious... would killing Voldemort actually break the fealty ritual they've used? I still want those mediaval relics of barbaric customs crushed and strewn into the seven winds, but seeing them prepared to kill Riddle before it happens would be deliciously ironic.