Reviews for Cat and Mouse
Lady Elvira chapter 5 . 3/27/2014
First of all: A very fitting title you’ve got there!
The portrayal of the characters was really fitting so far and I like the described inner disunity in both Jade as well Roy very much especially since it shows their characters in a very complex way.
At first the story was a bit too wordy for my liking but nonetheless I continued reading and after some more or less interesting Ups and Downs I got surprised with a very witty dialogue between those two!
This one made me really laugh as it was just so Jade-style to taunt Roy in this very annoying way only she can bring up to manage and so I decided that this fanfiction is worth reading.
And hey, it actually was very exciting!

As I mentioned before you succeeded in giving your readers not only a short glimpse of the characters but to develop your own ideas around the characters and as a result representing them very authenticable.
It really got obvious why Roy wants to find the real “Speedy” so much and what Jade’s motives were to finally join him in doing so.
Especially your idea with Jade being the misunderstood villain who has no need to lie as nobody believes her anyway surprised me very positively. You really gave her a comprehensible background even though the background we know from the series was not as well developed – so you simply shaped your own circumstances, also due to supporting characters like this Black Spider Guy, the muscleman who was actually a mafia boss and the “Three Musketeers”. Very nice!

So you see: I am indeed thrilled by this complex way of evolving!
The dialogues were great as was Jade’s behaviour on the airport.

Some trappings were sort of abrupt in my point of view, for example how they got to the airport but as it didn’t matter THAT much in the outback, it was ok.
The idea with the buckled corset was very … eccentric. Nonetheless, it was still funny.
Poor Roy – he hasn’t expected this one. But he should have known her better.
I wonder what she has smuggled into the plane …

Besides, I want to point out that the characters seem to appear to be much younger than they actually were. Am I right though that the both of them are around twenty?

Anyway, I really enjoy ready this one and would be glad to see a continuation soon.
After all, I had to know if Roy comes to like Jade or not and if she is finally loosing also her heart to him or not.
And then there are still some inconsistencies, for e.g. Jade’s father or the opinion of her sister that Jade went away with Roy (even though bringing her in as a minor character in the start was clever, though), not to forget the fact why no one of the dream team supported Roy on his search.

Hopefully you will manage in time to upload!
That would really make my day!

See you around,
Elvira
JD SPARKS chapter 5 . 2/1/2014
Omg. I know this is so late, I finally watched YJ after picking up the DVDs. I'm totally a fan of CheshRoy, and your fic is just amazing! Almost two years later, would you consider updating? More. I need more. I love the way you write, and your dialogue is so very belivable and feels so true to character! Favorite moments are the dialogue between Artemis and Jade, and when Aqualad, KF, and Robin run into Roy with Cheshire in tow. Great stuff! I'll definitely be reading more of your works. You'll probably make a Spitfire fan out of me now. :)
reddevil47 chapter 5 . 1/6/2014
I love these 2, lovely story
The Bluest Sun chapter 5 . 7/31/2013
I absolutely love this story! I like the relationship that they have and all of their disagreements haha. This seems like an amazing story please continue!:)
kitty kat chapter 5 . 4/16/2013
Great chapter, cant wait till the next update
Ponder29 chapter 5 . 11/15/2012
Awesome story and good characterization! But I can't help but point out the numerous come-backs Roy could've had in the last section of Ch5. E.g. the reason why superheroes wear masks or the reasons why Roy wants to find Speedy.
And I really love their little 'romantic' moments!
Red X17 chapter 5 . 10/31/2012
Just finished, i love this story!
Guest chapter 5 . 9/26/2012
keep writing! Love the story!
Shokugeki no DxD chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
I loved it. You definitely have their whole dynamic and the way I would see them arguing, perfectly written. I can't wait for the next chapter. I am really loving this story. Please update soon.
purpledragon6 chapter 5 . 9/14/2012
Haha! Lovers... HAHA! I luv this fic!
Guest chapter 5 . 9/10/2012
lol they were practically killing each other with words and the women though they were love birds xD
and by the way this was a great chapter too c:
fixati0ns chapter 5 . 9/10/2012
So glad to see you back in action :) I was worried you'd disappeared for a while. Loving the story by the way, each chapter gets better with every update.

So I don't usually do this, but I view you as one of top five in best YJ fanfic writers, and it would mean a lot if you'd read the new story I posted, that is if you have time? It's called With the World at My Feet, and I poured my heart into it for months. Anyway, I'd just really appreciate some constructive criticism if you're up to it, hope you post again soon, it's been dull without your stories.
anon chapter 5 . 9/9/2012
Queen of Subterfuge herself nice

Without property rights there are no human rights, society's failures to provide for the elderly, the infirm, the young (we must also teach the young to take care of themselves when they grow up) we must also not take away someone's pride and dignity

Sometimes the greatest good for the greatest number just means the least amount of suffering

In Red Son Luthor united all humanity and led us to a golden age that lasted millions of years no poverty, disease, war, crime, terrorism, environmental problems and science and art advance

When you live in a world of such technology and people with four digit IQs why in the nine hells haven't you solved the world's problems of poverty and disease a hero teaches the people to take care of themselves, everyone should be given tech and powers

I'm proposing... to the end I loved it, scooby gang HA, best service ever gotten at any airport HA especially

She kind of has a point like I said about pride and dignity I hate when the heroes act like school bullies I don't care when it's the sickos who get off on killing innocent people, child molestors, thugs too stupide to understand anything else, crime lords who don't act with codes to properly manage the illicit businesses that are an implacable part of city life, but when they do it to the likes of Luthor or Maxwell Lord I almost understand doing things like dropping an atom bomb on Gotham to kill Bats
sunflower13 chapter 5 . 9/9/2012
Ooooooo, Jade burned him.
A2ID chapter 5 . 9/8/2012