Reviews for Can't Rewind Now We've Gone Too Far
bob1june2 chapter 3 . 8/16
Aww . . .
Eric is a love.
Guest chapter 7 . 12/31/2014
Despite everything, Sherlock and Mycroft really do love and care for each other. It is sad that they can't see how much they are cared for, in return.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/30/2014
It's nice to see that Eric finds himself attracted to the 'real' Sherlock, the one that isn't on cocaine, and finds him more natural than when he is high, even though Sherlock thinks he can feel 'normal' through the drugs and behave like 'other people'.
And Molly is just too adorable. Totally didn't see her appearance in this story coming and you managed to fit it in well. Love this "The only place they'd ever meet is in a morgue" — indeed!
becgate chapter 9 . 12/23/2014
Very intense (understatement) and amazing story! ! Everything was well done.
becgate chapter 5 . 12/21/2014
Awesome chapter! ! Loved every word!
SinAndSyntax chapter 9 . 10/20/2014
Fantastic. Amazing. Completely and utterly wonderful. Seriously, this calibre of writing could be found on a real bookshelf. I absolutely adored the last image with the snow melting, and the whole metaphor there, really poignant and a clever way to end it. Thank you for writing, I really enjoyed it! Don't stop!
SinAndSyntax chapter 4 . 10/19/2014
This is brilliant.
Guest chapter 9 . 10/9/2014
I've just finished reading this story all the way through, and it's now 4 am. Kept me hooked right to the end. Thanks for a fantastic story. I have to point out that Sherlock would not use American terms such as "rest room" or "flipping him off" !

British terms for rest room (which makes us think of bedrooms) are lavatory, lav, loo, water closet, WC, bog, Public Convenience, toilets depending on back ground and circumstances etc. Honestly not sure myself what someone of Sherlock's education and class would use in his circumstances within the story.

Brits would "give them two fingers" which comes from when England was at war with the French. The English archers were so formidable, that when captured by the French, they would have the two fingers amputated that drew back the string of the bow. As a show of defiance, the English would wave those uninjured deadly fingers, nails outwards, to let them know that the archers were intact, and going to kill them in battle. Example - Agincourt in 1415. Strangely most people in the UK, don't know the origin.

Anyway, great story. Look forward to the rest. £££
AlessNox chapter 3 . 8/24/2014
I found, " why are you photographing a light fixture, " to be absolutely hilarious.

You really have a way of making these broken characters likable, or in the case of Mandy, incredibly irritating. They all sound like real people, and the lack of obvious melodrama makes their plight that much more compelling.
They sound like good kids doing the best that they can. that is except for Racer. He is a class one Perv.

I do have to agree with Mandy though. this Sherlock is Adorable!
Eric allows us to indulge in our desire to ruffle his hair. Despite the depressing, angsty, setting. There is still much that makes us want to squee!
Hope the fan girl talk isn't too annoying. Sherlock would be horrified.

Oh, and I loved the story of Mycroft and the willow tree. I was expecting Humpty Dumpty at every moment. Good job.
AlessNox chapter 2 . 8/24/2014
Eric Crenshaw really leaps off the page here.
You used Victor Trevor to introduce Sherlock's sexuality, but he was nowhere near as fully realized a character.

By this stage, we are really concerned for Sherlock. We see how low he will go for his addiction. The sex, the dirty needles, his disenfranchisement from his family, his feeling of failure for dropping out of Oxford. We are hoping that something will go right for him, and then Eric shows up.

I also loved the chemical details. I could really feel that we were getting a look at Sherlock's scattered mind. This really fits what he is like later when we all see an arrogant genius, and he sees an inferior second son and a failure.

Great Characterization!
HappinessIsaWarmSociopath chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
Well, I don't know shit about drugs. But I think I know a lot about angst (living in a perpetual state of it myself), and this is of the finest quality. Subtle, emotional, and realistic. I felt an uncomfortable pricking in my own eyes during both of Sherlock's outbursts. The emotional deterioration during his conversation with Mycroft in the the hospital was great, particularly the sense of spiraling out of control. You didn't overdo it, but it was still painful to read. I liked that Sherlock had a completely plausible reason for his addiction deeper than merely wanting to change his brain chemistry to something more "normal" with his familial problems, and Mycroft was absolutely perfect. You made him a sympathetic character without driving him far beyond the borders of his canon personality, and his obvious caring for Sherlock and inability to express it in a healthier way than tailing him with cameras and agents was believable. I also like this explanation of the whole "arch enemy" thing. Poor, coke-addled, dramatic, teenage Sherlock would think he was making some sort of important statement.

As for the cocaine stuff, it certainly sounded accurate. I felt out of control just reading, and all the emotional undertones early in the chapter were nice and subtle so when Sherlock really starts to dive down deeper into his issues with Mycroft and his father, it makes sense. Not just some random backstory. And you use snow analogies without coming off as cheesy. That takes skill. The prose was really great, flowing with enough sharpness and wit to keep it from wandering into purple territory. The third person limited POV worked well for Sherlock, providing enough window into his thoughts without becoming uncomfortable. I'm looking forward to seeing Eric appear and getting all the backstory behind the relationship, but I'm really happy this doesn't seem to be just another fluffy romance story.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/1/2014
Really enjoy this, excellently written and explores the side of Sherlock that I always find most interesting! Only teeny criticism regarding the cockney thing, he seems to be swinging between Geordie and vaguely Essex! Great writing though :)
Sailor Pandabear chapter 9 . 2/21/2014
SAD. but good.
elbafo chapter 5 . 2/9/2014
Right, I was going to reserve my reviewing until I was feeling a little more coherent and less emotional, and then go back to review each chapter because your fic deserves much more thoughtful responses I believe. I'm still not going to review yet, just wanted to respond to your author's note at the beginning of this chapter...THIS is the most depressing thing you have ever written? Okay. I'm just not ready to read it in that case. Just sayin'. I'll be over here, hugging my knees in the corner. I'll come back soon.
Jen chapter 9 . 2/2/2014
Thank you, fabulous! What a great story.