Reviews for Too Good to be True
NakedFury chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
The title is incredibly fitting. Good god this was a quick and painless type of reading.

Maybe Magic was giving Harry a pleasant way to go.
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 5/12/2015
yay for gallows humor!
DylanL chapter 1 . 3/29/2015
i admit that this genre pairing is unusual and i definitely didnt see that ending coming. it does make sense though, especially with the number of marriage contracts that are outstanding. luna's though was funny and i could definitely see her family doing something like that. i actually think that if HBP had been more adult, vernon would have beat harry for the threats he got from moody and them so it is interesting to see how this turned out. though i dont know if it would be possible as wizards tend to be more resilient than muggles to physical injury, as shown by the fact that they play games with speeding cannon balls. plus i dont think vernon could fracture harry's skull with just his fist.
jon reeve chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
All of the Heir!Harry stories could qualify as this, but only from Harry's POV. I mean, would we really know?

I'd like to quote canon:

"Of course it is happening in your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it's not real?"
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Bummer! Well, at least Harry died while immersed in a happy dream. I hope Dumbledore was suitably punished - assuming there was a punishment horrible enough - for what he did to Harry. I'm sure the Dursleys will get what's coming to them ... and more.
kase519 chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
Nice twist ending there
mageofmyth chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
Very sad, but well written.
memesofproduction chapter 1 . 7/18/2014
This fic is basically the condensed form of every inddy!Harry fic ever only with epic win at the end. Good job!
IveGotNoIdea chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Nice story but I doubt V would take over non magical world, we CAN nuke him into oblivion with our I-phones... what can he do to us? Bad Latin?
Kira Regulus Black chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Interesting concept. (Pity it wasn't more of a surprise- I guessed the ending after reading the title, but that's just me. I have that issue with pretty much everything but Sherlock Holmes, and even then some.)

It did seem to be a bit sudden, though. We've got the whole story as the parody, but only one paragraph as the tragedy. I feel like it should focus more on the tragedy, because it's the only bit with any real substance. We've all read the "And Harry gets his awesomely awesome inheritance, and goes on to rock everybody's socks, except for Dumbledore because he's evil" stories. We could probably find dozens more if we wanted to. (We don't.) But the kicker is "What is actually different about this story? What sets it apart from all those other crappy ones?"
Beacon21 chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
The ending got to me :'(
jabarber69 chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
hehehehehehe hey is what I was doing after reading this...you had me so caught up in the story that it came as a complete surprise that it was all a dream! Good Job!
dreammyth chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Ok, I just knew there would be a surprise ending but I was not expecting that!
FearOfDeathIsIllogical chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Very good.
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
If you are going to die, what a way to dream before you do. Thanks for sharing!