Reviews for Darkest Before Dawn
huge sg1 fan chapter 6 . 7/1/2012
that was a good story. i really enjoyed reading it. i liked the ending a lot. great job. i think it would be cool if you did a sequel or a follow up story and we got to read how they rescued everybody else and how they are figuring out how to be a family again. i would really love to read about how sam and mary get to finally know each other. but anyways, great job :)
BeTrueToThyself chapter 6 . 7/1/2012
Aw... that was sweet. Thanks for this story! Loved it.
sammynanci chapter 6 . 7/1/2012
I am absolutely in love with this history! It will never tire me of reading it (already I it have done three times) and certainly I am going to translate and to stamp it on my language she to be read by all the times that it wants it. IT IS PERFECT! I loved especially the last two chapters and enjoyed every word through. Excellent the composition of characters and exciting up to the last second. I know that already they will have asked for it you often but I want to join with my major respect. PLEASE, continuation! It would be so beautiful that this was happening in the show, you should send your fic to the production that often they have been absent of ideas. Thank you for giving us your talent and I cannot wait that you publish other one or the sequel of this history. Any thing that is will be welcome because I will never stop reading anybody with so much talent. Many fondness from Argentina,kisses
valhildr chapter 6 . 7/1/2012
This has been really fun to read. There's so much that you can do with this. I'd love to see how the Winchesters adjust to hunting as a family, how they take down the alpha vamp, what the alpha is ginna do with Sam's blood - is it just for food or is it important for other reasons. If they manage to pull the others out. Thoroughly enjoyed it, thanks for writing!
cherry619 chapter 6 . 7/1/2012
I can't believe I missed Chapter 5 and 6 being posted. Crazy. Now that I'm finally caught up I have to say I loved this so much. It was nice seeing the family back together. I particularly enjoyed you showing the new dynamic and how things have changed greatly since John died and Mary is very clueless about her two boys' bond.

I'm sad to see this wonderful story end, you tied up many loose ends and make me wish this is what will happen come Season 8. I wouldn't mind seeing more from this in the future. Thanks for writing it. Charity
dulcinea54 chapter 6 . 7/1/2012
Great story! Thanks for sharing! :-)
DeansSammy chapter 6 . 7/1/2012
Omg that was awesome!
Indigo2831 chapter 6 . 7/1/2012
I really loved the story and the ideas there. I'm didn't love the way Dean treated his parents. It seemed very, very out of character for him to yell at his the Sainted Mary Winchester. I also think I would have liked to see Sam interact with his parents more, so this chapter felt a little incomplete. I think an epilogue is definitely overdue!

Overall, great job!

Indigo
pandora jazz chapter 6 . 6/30/2012
Thanks for the awesome! final chapter. I love how you wrapped up your story.

Your description of Dean as the world sees him was perfect, 'that his game face was back in place; that he was the Dean Winchester the rest of the world knew; that he was the confident fearless badass others always expected him to be.'

I really like how you wrote John. He has not been around his boys for the last six years, but he remembered how Dean takes care of his brother. 'his tone dry yet confident as he continued to lean back in his chair; because he knew from experience that if Dean said Sam was okay...then Sam was okay...knew Dean took his job as a big brother seriously – the only thing he took more seriously than hunting – and was thus in charge of Sam and would fiercely challenge anyone who tried to take that role from him.'

I can imagine how worried Mary would be about her boys and frustrated that she can't just jump back into her Mom role. It was nice how you wrote Mary as a hunter and wanting to kill the alpha vamp.

This was a wonderful observation and thought from John. 'Dean was different; was truly his own man now and would not take orders quite as easily; would be more likely to challenge John and make his own decisions.'

I loved the reunion scene between Dean and Sam. I felt sorry for Sam when he believed he had failed to save Dean. Sam wasn't upset about being dead, just that he didn't save his big brother. I'm glad that Sam now knows Dean is back and the brothers are together. I like how Sam mentioned, 'stone number one'.

I'm glad that John, Mary, and Dean are planning on trying to rescue their friends. It was a wonderful surprise that Sam was able to pull John and Mary from Purgatory along with Dean, I just wish Bobby could have come along too.

I enjoyed reading your story and loved the final scene as the brothers reunited.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
SamDeanLove chapter 6 . 6/30/2012
More.. More Please hurry up! ;)
nupinoop296 chapter 6 . 6/30/2012
Nooooo! You can't end it here! We need to see the boys and their parents' new family dynamic! Do things get awkward when John tries to take charge? How will Sam act around Mary? Please turn this into a verse! I love it!
Jane88 chapter 6 . 6/30/2012
Lovely ending! I'm glad John and Mary were saved too. Just a shame Bobby's not a relative... miss him. Hope you're planning on doing a sequel? ;) Can't say it enough, amazing story! Let's hope we'll actually see some of those characters on the show next season.
Kirabaros chapter 6 . 6/30/2012
Wow. You bring back the family together and they're going to do the family business? And here I thought Mary wanted out. Then again when you have mama bear around you don't mess with the cubs. Nice little story. Thanks.
CeCe Away chapter 6 . 6/30/2012
How I love this. The Winchesters back together and even with the reunion, the family dynamics have changed and are going to take some getting used to. That is perfect. I also adore that they are going to try and get everybody back. Although with solitary hunter types usually getting into hunting through familial tragedies, finding relatives is going to be difficult. Hope Bobby has some distant cousins somewhere... I'm also fairly certain they can figure out a get around the blood loss situation. Pump some in while it pumps out. If Sam hadn't been so desperate or the vamp so quick to act, he may have thought of that.

Mostly what I want to say is that I admire your brain. You come up with some of the most original creative scenarios and then are able to write them in a way that makes it all entirely believable and I'm on the edge-of-my-seat fretting every dang time. It's talent when a writer can evoke both emotions and intellect. I bow down to you.

Now you know what fic I want you to finish right? Do I even need to say it? Grovel?
Souless666 chapter 6 . 6/29/2012