Reviews for Is This a Date?
fall shadow chapter 1 . 1/10
Nice story! There aren't enough of them about Reyn and Sharla out there! Thanks for sharing.
Maya247 chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
Such a cute story :) You did a great job with both personalities.
Archsage12 chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
D-d-d-d-d'awwwwwwwwwwww, abwu bwu bwu bwu

That was so cute ;_; This is one of the only pairings I ship, and you portrayed the two of them perfectly... That was adorable ;_; Your writing is excelllent, I couldn't find any typos or grammatical errors, so it was perfect. Good job! Write more on this kind of stuff XD

Archsage
Hopeblossom chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
This is an excellent story! The characters were completely in character, and to be frank, it was just adorable. Seriously impressive.
xxIcyAngelxx chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
I can't believe I forgot to review xD

As soon as I read this I knew you were going to be one of the best xenoblade fanfic writers D You got the tone of the characters exactly and I totally love how Reyn feigns casualness that's so like him :) I saw the Reyn/Sharla ship tease and you just captured it perfectly just balancing between the border of friends and beyond! I really hope to read more from you ( doesn't have to be Reyn/Sharla thu *nudge* *wink*) D but I won't mind anything from you )
3 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
thank you a lot for this cuuut fanfiction 3 i hope youll write more
Mirage352 chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
This is an amazing fic! :) I definitely think you've done both Sharla and Reyn justice - you've captured their personalities really well. I like the fact that you've made Sharla sort of non-susceptible to Reyn's actions, almost as if she doesn't want to full out date him, but appreciates what he's done for her. I also really like this piece because I was hoping that someone would tackle a Reyn/Sharla fic, and you definitely did a great job (Y)!
Martin III chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Whenever I see a summary for a shipping fic, I worry that there's going to be some out-of-character romanticizing involved. That certainly isn't the case here. Reyn and Sharla always interested me due to Sharla's domination of the relationship (particularly unusual for a JRPG) and the way neither of them put demands on the relationship, prioritizing other people instead. While you can't really explore such a relationship in a lighthearted fic like this, you stick true to it, letting the Reyn/Sharla dynamic speak for itself rather than adding artificial romance to it.

Just one nit to pick: I (and I assume nearly everyone else who's played the game) have heard Sharla say "We musn't get careless" enough times that its inclusion here, rather than sounding in character, sounds a bit like a broken record.

The dialogue is worth mentioning, since I enjoy a fic where I can imagine the characters' voice actors speaking all the lines. No doubt your solid handling of the characters' extremely British manner of speaking is in part due to your being British; I'll have to be careful, not having that advantage myself! But there's more to it than that, such as the natural rhythm of their speech, and Reyn's distinctly relaxed tone in simple lines such as "Right. Great,".

Overall, a very lighthearted, enjoyable, and authentic snippet of life with Reyn and Sharla. You handle the two of them just as well as Fiora and Melia.
KFArtyLover chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I was searching for a fic like this! Thank you very much! :D It's very well-writte, Reyn and Sharla are themselves completely! 3

I love this story please do more! Please please please, I beg you!

PS: They're so cute! The best couple ever! 3
Erin Elric chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Aw, cute, I love Reyn and Sharla pairing fics.