Reviews for Always
ladybug114 chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
awww that was so sweet! super adorable, great job with it!

and you succeeded with the "reveal," definitely... I was expecting some Borra but this was actually much better! loved it :D
Bolinlover123 chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
This story...this is just...I cannot tell you how beautiful. Bolin's characterization was spot on and omg I"m in tears. You have a true talent! You are one of favorite authors evvveerrr! :)

I'm gonna go cry in a corner now *Sniff, Sniff* excuse me...!
KJun chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Awesome!

Kat
sheepeater chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
This was just so sweet and perfectly written. The way you portrayed Bolin was spot-on with his characterization. You definitely captured his charm and sense of humour. And I love the way you incorported all the little lessons he's learned from his big brother throughout the story. Very well done! :)
Buddy Williams chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Good rule of thumb: if you as the author only like parts of the story, the readers will love all of it. I know I did.
pabuisperfect chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
This... this is beautiful. -tears-
vapanalley chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
This is definitely like Iroh's day. It's so sweet how you bring out so many aspects of Bolin's kind nature, and the life lessons that Mako incorporates into EVERYTHING that Bolin does. I think it's a lot more apparent how Bolin feels, if only because you do such a great job of getting into his head. This is just. This is SUCH a nice day. :D
NinjaxSketcheartx chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Love it! :D
vosvanyaroc chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Oh I love this one so much.

Before I even read your author's note, I was comparing this to Iroh's day. I think you did an excellent job of capturing that 'day in the life of' feel. The pacing was perfect, you added the right details at the right times to move the story along. You used all the well-worn tropes of this kind of story to your advantage. Nothing was cliche, even though it should have been predictable, it only half-was. I don't know, it's hard to explain.

You did surprise me... somewhat. I thought he was going to meet a girl, maybe not Korra, but a girl. Then I realized slowly that he was going to visit his parents. But I think a slow reveal is better than a big twist, it builds up the emotion, no?

And this was emotional, by George. It was a simple, nostalgic kind of moment. The story actually felt like a sunny day full of memories and regret. What am I even saying? But yes, you managed to add atmosphere to your story, and an emotional backdrop. I have no idea how to do that, I reall don't. It really impresses me when someone pulls that off.

Also, (I just can't shut up) all his interactions with everyone... they move the story forward, and reveal characterization, two birds with one stone.

I don't know. I have no words. (ok I do, but this is difficult) It feels like this could be an episode. But that isn't quite how I feel still. There's more. I don't know. I was thorougly invested in this story from start to finish.

I don't know, I literally cannot do justice with words how I feel about this. But I'll give you this. You made me feel, and that's an accomplishment- to get a random person on the internet to emotionally invest and connect with a fictional character who you've written an amateur, non-canonical story about. It's not as easy as one might think, at least as I think, and you've succeeded with flying colors here.
SilverWolfPrints chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
fantastic! I really enjoyed this piece. It was short and sweet. I liked all the small surprises along the way (like how he paid the full price for the flowers) and of course the surprise at the end. All the different encounters he had with people were really great, and I also really appreciated the words you chose to use to describe different things like the way the girl's hair fell around the daisy and the part about the noodles cart. I think you succeeded in evoking the same kind of nostalgic and bittersweet feeling that Iroh's Day had. thanks for sharing your story!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Congratulations. You have succeeded in making me cry.
Athene chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Oh, wow, this was just too amazing! I loved it so much. You have incredible talent.

*Bolin de gushi?*
snake screamer chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
pretty good, you should read Don't They Know It's The End of the World its a interesting fic bae on the aftermath of episode 7
sapphiretwin369 chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Oh gosh. Crying. This was really good. I really thought the flowers were gonna be for Korra and then when read who they were really for... Nice job! You did great with Bolin's character too. :)
Fun-Sized Kirk chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Two words: Tear. Bending.

I love the end when he was talking about Korra.