Reviews for Prayers to Sweet Destruction
bemused chapter 1 . 1/30
PTSD is a bitch. Look it up - Flashbacks? Change in mood - normally quite a difference- between before and after the incident? Not ringing any bells?
guest chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
Oh my.. right into the feels train! :')
Very sad, but beautifully written. Thank you very much for writing this.
Meega-Nala-Kweesta chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
Wow...I don't even know what to say to this.
You write brilliantly, and this was beautiful. I am in shock, man. I cried for about five minutes before I was even able to press the favourite button, or write this review.
I just want to clarify though, if I can, because I am quite slow sometimes...did he die? Or did Steve get there in time? I'm okay with the ending either way, i just want to know...

And I know what you mean about your textbooks glaring at you...my criminology ones have been glaring at me while I read fanfiction...ehehehe

Once again, this was beautiful, and I think it is a totally plausible situation for Tony.

- Nala xoxo
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
I'm not on twitter, as I have never wanted to be a twit, so if I asked you here what your weapon/s of choice would be in a zombie apocalypse, would you answer?
Guest chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
wow.
Mystearica 'Primal' Fende chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
Woah! I got yr message!
PTSD: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
PTSD: Prayers To Sweet Destruction

Haha! It took me a year to realise (Though I didn't have time to think 'bout it).
Stina Whatever chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
This is a great story, and I really like your description of PTSD. The last line, about PTSD being welcome by Tony with arms wide-open, is great. It shows Tony as who he is, if you get what I mean. That this is too much for him, sorta.
truefairytales chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
That was awful. I'm crying. When I say it's awful I mean that it's brilliant. The feels in this story are through the roof. You have a real talent in writing, please don't stop.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
Wait- I don't get It... *slow* I'm confused...
Somewhat I'm not sure...
And who's this Tony's friend? Yinsen? o.O or what?
Trubie74 chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
This was amazing, I wasn't sure if he was going to make it or not, and than he saw Yinsen... I teared up a little bit at the end, this was very well writen. Loved it.
niinna chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
My god, the way you write! It's like word is beautifully connected to the other, so fluid that it's more like a painting or a symphony, something that you can feel, I can't believe how good that story was,
KayMoon24 chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
Wow.

Where do I even begin, because that word, that word is the bane of my whole review right now and I've just begun it, because there is no known word that I am aware of that can convey how much I feel right now because of your writing.

May I give you an structured example? If I could, I'd stand you up, and then I'd drop onto my knees and completely bow to you. I don't have a one "word" that can bring that kind of physical response to you, so I hope that gives some kind of justice.

So I'll try again and I'll begin with this. You are not just a brilliant writer, a poetic writer, a passion writer, and a emotional writer, but you have such humanitarianism in your writing. Maybe that's a weird thing to say, you might say as you quip to me, but I swear that I have not read such a thought provoking, brutal, dark, hopeful, intelligent, symbolic, emotionally charged, and intricately voluminousness story in a long, long, LONG time. Perhaps, honestly, even ever, when it comes to most stories on here- that comment in itself is what I LOVE about this site, and about writing, certainly YOUR writing, is what makes me so happy to be here reading your gorgeous work. You have brought me hope to not only the stereotypical writing genre of "fanfiction", but that I sincerely hope that you are published someday, and I hope that perhaps you'll let me know when you are. I'm sorry if I'm just rambling, but everything was so direct and poignant about your work here, and just in awe of you on all kinds of levels.

Firstly, I adored, cringed, cried, thought, and shuddered at the scene between Steve and Tony. As I've looked at many of the other views, no doubt you've seen that it's a favourite for this story. But I've literally re-read that four paragraph beast of a brilliant emotional and intelligent punch to the brain so many times, I just love it. I love it. It was so picturesque- in such a tragic, raging, HUMAN way. I loved Tony's screaming- I love the beats of Phil Coulson smiling at his hero, that being Steve Rogers as he tries to raise up Tony's spirits, and it just completely falls away to this brutal, raw moment that will honestly stay with me for a long, long time.

I also adore the parallelism of Agent Coulson being Tony's haunted friend and his audience, and then he realizes that he has loved ones are there beside him but oh my god, sorry, I stopped reviewing a second to re-read again and I just can't. I'm sorry. This is just so beautiful. I loved that Steve pulls Tony out in the end. And just. Wow.

More lines that are just so analytic and wonderful:

"He didn't have to look into their eyes to know that. He didn't want to be a soldier. Soldiers had a reason to fight, and strived for a better tomorrow. He didn't deserve that. He didn't think he ever had."

"He didn't sleep, but he was never awake."

"And he would fly, but never once thought that he deserved wings."

I will love these lines forever.

To conclude my fangirlism review, I just wanted to say that, for any reviews I ever received for my work, I am always, forever thankful for- but reading this? This is just...joyous to me. To know that you, in your amazingly brilliant glory, have also read my derpy work and actually...enjoyed it? Reviewed it even! Just...you've brought such joy to me as a writer, and I am SO sorry it took THIS long to get around to letting you know all that I feel for you, your writer, and ect. I am phenomenally grateful for your praise of "The Strings That Bind Us", and please understand you've been my hero of this site for a quite a while. You bring a depth to the characters that I only barely scratch in my work, but it means the world that you enjoyed it never the less.

I hope this isn't too weird.

Ah well.

Please have a wonderful week, as reading this certainly made mine.

- Kay
Aeryn Lavanthia chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Really harrowing and very well-written
SaluteKingNick chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Wait I'm confused. Just exactly how did he die? But awesome story. You literally made me tear up like this is awesome!
Post U Later chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Wow The Was Heavy, Deep, & So Emotional! You Are A Fantastic Writer!
Poor Tony, But He Was Saved Right? He Didn't Die & Maybe He Can Get Some Help. But Then Again, The Shadow Disappeared Along With the Crowed Right? So It's Gone For Good Or Just Gone For Now?
Since Tony Lived, Will There Be A Sequel? His Friends Are Probably Extremely Worried That He Tried To Take His Own Life.
I Mean He Beat The Shit Out Of Steve, Which Is A Hard Thing To Do, Even With Him Not Fighting Back.