Reviews for A God in Fillmore
Guest chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
sweet, totally wasn't expecting to find actraiser here ! was looking for akuji the heartless when i found yours, just had to read it. ever thought about writing more?
yiggdrasill chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
This is REALLY good please continue
Guest chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
This was an amazing story. I really hope there is more to come!
R.W chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Please Please Please Pleeeeease continue this. It's really good
squeezycheesey chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Wow this was great is there only one chapter?
B the Blue chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Thanks to the both of you for your reviews and comments, they're very appreciated. I'll just address some of these issues here so everyone knows that I do check my reviews and take them into consideration.

The Silent Protagonist: Unless there's some kind of stated reason for them to be silent I always take it as a video game trope. For example in all my Chrono Trigger fanfiction Crono speaks. In game its usually implied that everyone but the player can hear the character anyway. Of course in this case the character is God, so if I had chosen for him to be silent it could have been pulled off less awkwardly than silent human protagonists. Still, no reason for him not to speak either.

The infamous CAPS: Well, I meant for it to be jarring. The voice of God and all that. I never really considered using bold. Beyond chapter titles using bold has never crossed my mind. I'll think about making the change.

Demons/Humans: Its been a very very long time since I've actually played Actraiser, so you'll have to forgive the inaccuracies. I like the idea of some humans still being around, but I'll address the issue with the demons. On this story point especially I appreciated you both pointing it out.

Lieutenant: Spelled it right twice and wrong once. Those damn caps tripped me up, I forgot spell check doesn't deal in the realm of the upper case. Maybe bold really was the way to go...

Anyway, thanks for the comments and criticisms. I don't plan on doing a full blown play by play novelization, but I might think about doing key pieces of the story.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
The previous review addressed what I had wanted to touch on, but I do have to commend you for attempting something that I've always wanted to do for myself.
I don't mind the dialog, as most "silent" characters aren't truly silent, though I do agree that bold would likely have worked better.

Personally, I like the idea of there being humans around to spark his awakening and the whole thing sort of makes more for a blend of Quintets games that hopefully we aren't the only ones that will appreciate.
..but, I do hope that you don't treat all of the demons you fight purely as such, because both Actraiser and Soul Blazer made a point to show that those were The Master's "children" those were trapped and when freed they became The Master's strength.

With that said, I wish the best of luck seeing this piece through to the end, and just maybe this will prove to be the spark I needed to try and do something similar myself in the future.
TooLazyToThinkOneUp chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
I don't like the caps. It makes him seem like he's shouting.I think bold text would probably be a better identifier of a supernatural voice

And considering that in Actraiser he's a silent protagonist...it just doesn't feel right for him to talk anyways...

Plus,in the game, the souls of demons slain by the master would be reincarnated as humans, so I'm not really sure where the hell your characters came from.

I'll still fave this just because it's actraiser.

...you spelled lieutenant wrong