Reviews for Chasing Cars: A S7 Finale Retrospective Story
Guest Mary chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I held off starting to read this while waiting for "Tuesday" in TWATH Reread most of that and finally gave in and started this one. I love your writing style, your sense of humor, your knowledge of these characters. I wish you were writing for the TV series itself. I am 82 yo, please take pity and post to one of these ASAP. All these wonderful words and it is still not enough! Thanks for many pleasant hours. M (totally addicted to Bones)
sardella.belle chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
great story - I really enjoyed this one too! I can't wait til 8 tonight. woohoo!
ErynGrace chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Hey missy... More? :)
Maunzeli chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
You are as a drug to a "Bones" addict who can't wait until fall!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
I've read this and almost all of this and you longer fic. I very much enjoy your writing, but there is one thing I find distracting every time I read: the use of phrases that I can't see the characters saying and seem to come from a parent of young children. These phrases include "gives him the stink eye," and the use "excrement, copulating money turds etc.". The interjection of these words is so consistent I can recognize your writing without knowing who the author is. This ends up being distracting because you are mixing yourself into the characters, rather than being true to the characters, and it is awkward. Thanks for listening.
Eileen Stardust chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
I know, I know, I so should have waited to see the season 7 finale to read that, but what can I do if here in Brazil they just started season 7 last week...

But anyway, it was brilliant. I loved it. :)
jean okbones chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
you enchanted me yet again with your lovely writing, this is a great insight to what may have happened in the episode that we didn't see, I have no clue if the thing with the poison works that way but it sounded convincing to me. I love the way you showed their emotions in a way that felt true honest and natural for them inthis new stage of their lives.. I definetly am waiting for this story to develope, hope you update soon!
dovepage chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Finally broke down and read your latest effort. Brilliant as always, even though I hated the finale and can barely stand to see a picture of Brennan. It eased my battered soul a worried how HH will bring us back, the first eps will either make or break season 8 for me.

Thanks again and I am looking forward to A Bone to Pic update. I am trying to forget the finale ever happened. :(
daniellejoy07 chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
I loved the emotion in this chapter, it was like watching the finale again but with a Catherine twist ]

Amazing! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Truly amazing!
grandma bones chapter 1 . 5/25/2012

Finally I am able to write about this episode. I hope that this will be something you can understand. I had a hard time writing about this for some reason. I was looking for the right words to in a different format but one word that I came up with that really fits for me is this was NATURAL. Natural for Bones, for Booth and Max...just everybody was in their specific nature. Don't really know what that means but here you go.

1. Mystery - The talking in the nursery? Is she talking to Max…I think so…Is she setting up her run…I think so.

2. Her tears are heartfelt and for the first time Bones is having to worry about her family.

3. The adjectives describing Booth’s situation are really poetic and something we see often from the author. Very descriptive, to the point, and they seem natural. This is

the way we see Booth. Character is essential and is consistent with the way we expect to see him.

List of great descriptions: mind-spinning anxiety and calculated suppositions… anguished rhetorical question… the emotion ravaging his features… or bleeding into his voice… It felt as immovable and oppressive as a live orangutan bearing down on his back, its arms clinging to Booth's neck, its curved lower appendages wrapped around Booth's waist.

4. The feelings that are evoked by the words on the page are felt by the reader as the author describes Booth’s ticking off of the reasons for his feelings.

Example: Booth was stunned by the reality of Brennan's choice as it crashed down on his head like a hammer on a solid steel anvil.

Example: He was angry…..He was frustrated…He was anguished

5. Max….what a godsend to B & B. He will help Booth even though Booth wants to do the job of keeping his family safe all by himself. He has to have help. This is Booth’s frustration and his anguish. Example: Booth hadn't wanted to believe that, but he could no longer deny it. Max’s love for his family is evident in the way this sentence reads… Max was no stranger to the agony of being separated from one's reason for living. He offered the only thing that he thought would make a difference for this younger man who loved his daughter and granddaughter, perhaps even more than he himself did.

6. I love the categorical listing events that are presented to the reader about the evidence against Bones. But even better is the thought processes of how the poison evidence can be refuted. Awesome thinking. Awesome way to help the reader resolve the mystery of the plant and the poison. The article in the magazine, and tracing it and it’s placement in her computer is also consistent with the psycho Pelant. This is what makes Catherine a true author and a pleasure to read. Plus having Jack run tests on the specific plant. Exceptional detail.

7. Humor …. Never far away is Booth…example: "What kind of prey? Were they cannibals?" He asked, involuntarily shivering as his face crinkled into a disgusted expression. "Please tell me we're not dealing with purple people eaters again!"

"Purple people—? Booth, the Gormogon wasn't purple."

8. The absolute truth of this story is what Booth tells Bones as they sit on the couch… "We are a family. If I am going to keep you safe—" he said pleadingly, raising his arm and putting it around Brennan, pulling her against himself.

"Booth-" she started in a strained voice. "I can see how frustrating, aggravating, this is for you and I apologize for putting you in this position. But Ethan is not—"

"Bones, if anything happened to you it would—" he said, then stopped and breathed deeply as if for the first time in five minutes. He pressed his lips between his teeth and searched for the words to express how lost-and done-he would be. Clearing his throat, he put his lips to her forehead before he said, "It would end me."

It Would End me….this statement just melts the reader and allows the reader to really feel Booth’s commitment to his family. I love these words and how they were positioned in the story.

9. The sequence of talking with Angela and Jack is also very in character for this story. Excellent writing and character development. Email….Pelant is so cunning and so evil. We feel his presence in this part of the story when they try and figure out how he placed the article in the magazine and how he sent Hodgins an email asking for a plant…How did he know Jack had one of those plants. I’d really like to know that. He is a sneaky B…(Pelant). The author is creating real excitement and aura of mystery for the reader. Great writing and thought went into this one. Thanks!

I love the way Bones and Hodgins banter about King of the Lab….Again staying so true to the characters and making this feel natural. Making the reader so comfortable with the way the characters act. Wonderful and insightful.

This is a stroke of genious… As an agent in pursuit of a fugitive, wouldn't I threaten and/or detain a spouse whose partner had gone rogue? Absolutely. Does the spouse usually know the whereabouts of the fugitive; have some way of communicating with them? Yes. Would I attempt to break the spouse in order to bring the fugitive into custody? Yes. Excrement! We see how Booth thinks.

10. This made me swallow hard and know that Bones was ready to run…even in the show this made me almost cry… "I love you Booth," "I don't want you to think Christine is the only reason we are together." It was both a declaration and a request. Believe me. Love me. Tell me that you know this with everything that you are. I feel unbearably frightened for the first time in my life. I don't want to do what I'm about to do—but I beg you to understand. This statement by Bones allows us to also see her commitment…. "I don't need a ring on my finger to be committed to you, Booth," she'd said two months into the pregnancy. "Neither a piece of paper nor a name change will alter who I want to spend all of my days and nights with for as long as I live. A baby doesn't change that either, Booth. I would want to be with you even without her … and that is why we are together with her. I need you to know that,"

11. Then this statement allows the reader to really know that this relationship for Booth is in his soul…. "Nothing would make me happier than making a baby with you, Bones. But it's just frosting, that's all. Icing on the cake of our relationship," he's said kissing her on her slowly smiling lips.

12. Answers to our questions…You answer them… Do I trust Max? He asked himself, staring into the infant car seat. Do I trust Max to keep her safe and alive? Do I trust Bones? He didn't want to answer these questions. He didn't want to be apart from her. He hated feeling out of control. (This is the answer) Copulating monkey diarrhea! Excrement! Feces! Dammit! Aghhhhhhhhh! Thanks and more thanks you relieved the misery of the reason she fled.

13. This I love…the discovery of a note in the car seat. This again brings in the mystery and the desire Bones has to communicate with her partner. I want to read this note and I would love to read the note she wrote when she was buried by the Gravedigger. Thanks for the little string….we are helpless in your hands Moxie.

14. The CAR…again the frustration Booth feels is so eloquently laid out by our author. The CAR…"Whooooooooh, who gives a flying duck?"

His frustration is taken out on his CAR and oh boy does he lie…I love this, "I need you to come get me—" he said, "my car's been vandalized. I can't drive it. The water hose has been cut and … it's just a mess. Brennan and her dad already left to get groceries then meet me at home." He then gave Hodgins the address of St. Brendan's.

Catherine, this really displays your talent for writing. I am still amazed at the love you pour into these chapters. Thank you for sharing with all of us your ambition to write, your dedication to write and your gift to write.

Hope to hear from you,

Grandma Bones/Amanda
strawberry79 chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Am loving this story already and look forward to reading more.:-)
soliloquy chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Nicely written! I like the way you use the flashbacks to show how Booth comes to understand everything. And, as usual, your attention to detail and the use of specialised vocabulary makes it 100% believable.

I was a bit annoyed with the final episode, seeing how Pelant "plays them" like some little puppets... Thanks to your version of the story it's somehow "easier to swallow". I can only hope it will lead us to a happy ending.
Someoneslove chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Let the music play so I can do my happy dance! Love this! LOve this! Did I mention that I love this? All very plausible and believable. None of it in left field or right field.

I like the idea of Pelant having emailed Hodgins about the plant and making it seem like it was Brennan.

We've talked about the SF through PMs but I'll say it again-It was mind-blowing. One of the best I have seen for any show in years
justlittleirish chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I love this story as I love everything you do! You nailed it right on the head, how did he know all this stuff. That's what the team has to find out to nail Pelant. Can't wait for more!
ImperviousSubstance chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
OK first of all I NEED to know what that note says!

Secondly, I love your take on the finale, I really like the back references like Gormagon and how he was a purple human eater! I found aswell while I was reading that certain things you wrote made me think of specific scenes in S7 like when you wrote them curled up on the sofa talking, it really reminded me of the scene in ep 3 of S7 when she's worried she wont be able to connect with their child. This is a good thing by the way.

All in all I'm looking forward to the next part.

[This is Kirsty by the way incase you didnt realise]
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »