Reviews for To Ears Unhearing
Eleirien chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
I like best Kanafinwe's and Curufinwe's drabbles. I think they are most in character. I especially like the touch of the sons being called by their father-names.

My favorite line: "I doubt that you would care for it." Yes, Feanor would refuse to acknowledge the fall of himself and his people. And I must say that I love the title of Noldolante; The Fall of the Noldor, it breaks my heart to realize that the Noldor did indeed fall.

I also sort of wish that Feanor had not been killed so early - it was a rather disappointing end. But what else was there? The course of history would have been much changed. And Fingolfin would have killed Feanor as soon as he met him, anyway.
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
This whole fic is wonderful in its contradictions- but (I think this was your intention) I love how the very last sentence sums up what Feanor did to everyone, and with no punctuation so it is only raw words, a strange type of world where grammar does not apply and neither does anything we can understand, pain stretching on indefinitely.
Sword-Rain chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
Oh snap, my poor heart! Very well written though, loved it!
Salome Maranya chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
"It burns."
Just two words. I never imagined them to be so powerful. It could even be used to describe the hell they've all been put through because of some shining pretty jewelry.
Elf With Redbull chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
It's amazing how much two words will cry.

Seriously good though - very moving.
Nimloth9 chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
So tragic... my favourite is Kanafinwe's. But each are all so well-written and so sad.
Elf from Downunder chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
This is all very, very clever and wonderfully written! Each take on one of Feanor's sons moved me and made me smile. It gives us a small insight onto what type of father Feanor was like :)
I loved Pityo's! It was one that definitely stood out - and Amras ... I was struck dumb ...
LornaWinters chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Awww! Sad, but nice!
softballgirl chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
You captured them very nicely. Jeepers, the last one gave me chills. Wow, just wow.
EddieIrvine chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
I love best Pityo's part. So sad, soft and forgiving...and who can say he does not know his father's heart?
The Wayfaring Strangers chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Oh this is so sad Crackers! But it's a good sad - especially this line: 'I'm thirsty, Father, so very thirsty...' I don't know why, it just struck me... Good fic!
Celt
teh Michiru chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Yikes. That last one- wow. Takes the breath away. Brilliant.
Lia Whyteleafe chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
...Well, that was cheerful.

I wonder what Feanor would say in response.
The Hobbit's Rhapsody chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Oh, this is excellent. You've captured each of them very distinctly, and clarified FĂ«anor's negligence as a father, in a very short space. And the last one? Instant goosebumps. My eyes went wide as saucers; it's chillingly effective in its succinctness. Overall, very sad, and well done.
AzureSkye23 chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Wow. This is quite moving. You captured the different personalities wonderfully.