Reviews for Auror Take Two
MelGinnylover chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
I do know that you like long reviews after having read your bio , Hmm wat am I supposed to write about this BEAUTIFUL one shot , though its slightly on the longer side , it was SUPERB , The other reviews are all quite detailed and my thoughts are along the same lines , I would simply restrict myself to saying "" I LOVE YOUR WRITING STYLE AND I LOVED THIS WORK "
cherryredxx chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
One thing I can definitely say for you is that you are a wonderful storyteller. From beginning to end, it was interesting, well-written, and emotional. The relationships between the different family members were wonderful, especially little things like James calling his sister "Tiger Lily" and the way James wanted to protect his mum. The only issue I had was that I felt like I was missing something throughout the story, but more than likely that's because I haven't read the prequel to this. Still, I understood it enough to enjoy it. You did a great job with this.
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Oh, sorry for not reviewing so long. Read it a long time ago, but took only now the time to review. Sadly all my smart thoughts evaporated... :)

I must say, I didn't realise "Consequences" ended. I thought we would see some action too. But I'm not disapointed, this fic made everything up! :)

LOved the action and that you managed to smuggle some mood lifting hum,our in too.

James Sirius was the perfect son opf Harry imo, he acted like every POtter would have. ;)

Loved the action bits too!

Thanks for sharing!
sangkar chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
That was sweet! I loved the way you characterized everyone in the fic, it was really convincing. I also liked the pace you put this story at - fast enough, but not too rushed. Great job!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
I loved this! It was certainly long and took me a while to read, but I still adored it. It was such a nice follow-up to Consequences, and you write the Auror world so well. Ron, Hermione, Harry, and Ginny are all very much in-character, and you've also done a wonderful job creating personalities for the Potter kids. I love the interaction between them, too - they tease each other and get on one another's nerves, but you can tell they love each other. I was so glad to see a follow-up to Consequences that really tied everything together from that fic, and you've done an excellent job with this. You should write more Auror-focused fics, you're really good at that. Nice job!
Mrh99 chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
This was very, very well developed. Each family member's character came out, even if they had only a little dialog. Harry, Jenny, and James each had appropriate guilty second thoughts perfect for a Potter or Weasly. This could be a jump start for a story on James, or another on older Harry, or Jenny...almost anywhere. Thanks!
The Hapless Quill chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Wow. I'm speechless. Just when I thought that my weekly joy was over, you spring this on us. It's just superb.

First of all, I absolutely fell in love with the title. I like how it's casual, and not official like some pieces of work. It gives the reader an illusion of ease. and I can assure you that it combines very well with the flow of this story. It was very smooth, very suspenseful, and it moved in the right pace. The beginning of the story was quite quick paced, but I think it would have seemed wrong if you had done it slower. It really gave us the illusion of fear, and danger.

Secondly, I loved, loved, LOVED your characterization in this! This really showed in their reactions to the situation. James, trying to protect everyone at once, couldn't help but being a protestor. Harry, who didn't wait until official orders to barge his way into the scene.

Thirdly, and this is the most significant point of all, but I loved how the Potter kids didn't know exactly what to "do". They didn't know how to react, whether to stay and fight or flee, and they didn't know advanced magic. That really got to me in a way of a fantastic piece of work. I cannot tell you how many pieces I have read where James, Albus and Lily are war heroes, like their parents and family. Yes, a certain amount of courage and proclivity for battle would have been transferred through blood, but I just hate it when people make the Potter children automatically "brilliant". I liked the contrast here - no, I loved it. I was also intrigued by Harry's guilt that he hadn't taught his family proper defence - he has a prestigious job and no, he wouldn't have had all of the time in the world to teach his children. I could definitely see this happening.

Finally, I also liked the different POV from different characters. It just allowed us to have various views of the scene, to be able to interpret each character's decisions and opinions. It just made it seem more realistic for me.

I despise doing this, but there was a slight error in this piece. "I'll round up some soda. I know you and Hermione hate butterbeer with pizza." The British do not usually say "soda". We usually refer to fizzy drinks as just "drinks" or perhaps "soft drinks". I'm sorry to point that out, I feel all guilty now!

This was a fantastic, brilliant, outstanding, amazing, exhilirating, awe-inspiring, splendid piece! I'm not going to lie, I was extremely disappointed when it concluded.

FANTASTIC JOB!

Lauren
dancingonstars chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I loved it. And i Love your James. I wouldn't mind a story about him.
kankusan chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
This. Is. AWESOME! :D

I love it I love it I love it! :D This is easily the most exciting opening to anything you've ever written! And you've written some pretty exciting openings, so that says something. :) I love how you keep the tension up by switching POVs, and I love seeing the story unfold that way, too. It was definitely the right choice to start from the "least" action and go to the "greatest", if you know what I mean. And you are always good at making these characters really come alive, but this might be the BEST characterization you've ever done, and your dialogue is particularly vivid and snappy here, too. I also really enjoyed how emotional this piece was! I actually had real tears in my eyes at the end! I'm impressed at how you were able to make it so personal and-I'm not sure what word I'm looking for, but maybe sensitive?-in the midst of action and tension.

Well, well, well done! :D I can't wait to see what you have for us next! :D
LillyMay77 chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Fantastic! I really enjoyed it all! The action, sweetness, and families love and protecting each other!
mdauben chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
An exciting fight at the beginning, but I think I enjoyed the aftermath even more. I especially liked Harry's talk with James at the very end. Well done!
My Dear Professor McGonagall chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
That was wonderful. :) I love Ginny and her badassery, and James and how he's like his daddy, and ALL OF THE WEASLEYS AND ALL OF THE POTTERS ALWAYS.
57 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4