Reviews for Avatar: A new world
evattude chapter 8 . 4/9/2021
Great chapter!
Neo-Devil chapter 1 . 11/13/2020
read the entire story, and while the story is flat up amazing, grammar wise it needs help. Other than that it's fantastic.
zeonstar360 chapter 8 . 11/11/2020
Lighting vs anything tech
Axccel chapter 8 . 6/29/2020
Those scientists would be disappointed to learn about the southern spirit world portal proving the humans right.
Axccel chapter 6 . 6/29/2020
Air benders would be incredible in ship boarding in space. Just one could kill everyone on board pretty much in one go.
Wizardwolf 1020 chapter 8 . 5/21/2020
I really like how the humans while going old school compared to the other races, can hold their own really well against the other races more advanced technology with their different ways of thinking. I’d love to see some more advanced versions of the mechs from Kuvira’s army be used later on using spirit world energy as power sources, though in a more legal and accepting way than how Kuvira acquired them and used them. Also would love to see some Combustion bending, Lava bending, crystal bending, sand bending, and some airbender action with gliders and stuff. Would also love to see some human sports that have a bending twist to them like soccer with Earth bending, that Airbender game Aang liked to play with the sphere that was showed in the 3rd episode where they went to the air temple, and obviously the pro bending sport and see the aliens reactions to them as well as seeing some really liking the sports. Also some history about the humans revealed to the aliens like the 100 year war, The battle between the Northern Water tribe and the Fire Nation during the 100 year war with Aang doing the Spirit attack, Zuko’s banishment and life story, etc. basically any human history than can be show boated to the other races. Also would love for the aliens to start seeing the spirits roaming around and how the humans are very chill with them as well as how the Aliens can’t technically hurt the spirits at all by normal means, realizing that the spirits are an enemy the aliens REALLY won’t want to have especially when they learn what the Spirits can do to living beings, like possessing them and mutating them.
Honestly, I want to see the Aliens learn about the humans and gain some respect for them. Krogans can probably sympathize with Zuko with what he had to go through as well as admire his perseverance in how he hunted the Avatar even when it was most likely impossible with how the Avatar eluded the other Fire Lords for a 100 years to the point that people doubted if the Avatar even still existed.
Guest chapter 8 . 6/7/2019
your grammar is horrible please get a beta. Also, why are the humans so fucking flippant.
Guest chapter 8 . 2/4/2016
Is there any hope for an update on this? Please make more
tylermech66 chapter 4 . 7/9/2014
you either need to read over your chapters more or get a beta, lots of errors
dylanbiancamano chapter 8 . 5/31/2014
I actually really like this chapter,but I'm personally a big fan of world building and therefore politics.

I also really like your story. It saddens me that you haven't updated in sometime I would really like to see more like humans first encounter with biotics or alians encountering and trying to study the earth spirits. Or perhaps finding spirits on other worlds. All things that might be interesting.

Anyway, great read, there are some mistakes but that didn't detour me from enjoying it. I hope you continue if you like. Until then thank you for writing.
barber477 chapter 8 . 2/13/2014
Awesome story so far, I really can't wait to read more! :)
Uzu-chan chapter 8 . 2/13/2014
Interesting story.

Also, you NEED a beta. And earthbending and such are words that go together per Word of Bryke (AtlA and LoK creators). That way you don't have to place commas in awkward places like when Avatar Kelin as trying to explain bending to the Council.

You have interesting ideas, clearly, keep up the good work in that regard.

You know who could be a candidate to have people being able to bend? Krogans! With a redundant nervous system here may be the odd krogan who could be able to bend due to higher EM field! (Of course, the krogan in question would have to be taught by humans, because krogans with higher EM fields wouldn't be as common as humans so they never developed bending).

Or quarians. I mean, hanging around (and inside, consider ships and suits) machines all the time must have done something to them. Of course, humans had thousands of year to learn to control that, but quarians could learn when taught (by humans).

And apparently Palaven suffers from high solar flares due to a weak magnetic field or something, so maybe turians could have developed a slightly higher EM field n response to the EM waves created by solar flares of Palaven's sun. So maybe like one in half a million turians could learn bending. Not many, in any case, much, much lower. Perhaps teaching turian benders would be able to improve Alliance-Hierarchy relations and make them much better badass buddies!

I can't really come up with anything for the asari, salarians, vorcha, et al. Tough luck being born in the wrong race xD

(Again, humans had thousands of years of history to learn, perfect and perform the bending arts. Martial arts would need to be modified and optimised to account for different species body-types, and they may not have the creativity to see how far their bending can go since it would be so recent for them, so humans would have the advantage, in any case. So it doesn't bother me that other races could [in my mind] be able to bend).

And please DO NOT make Shepard the Avatar. There is already James Golen's fic with Avatar Shepard, I would like you to SHOW that the galaxy's greatest hero doesn't have to be a bender to be a badass.

Perhaps the Avatar is a very young Virmire survivor? (That would explain their attitude on Horizon). Besides, what if the Reapers have spirit abominations at their service?! Shepard can serve at he front of war, kicking serious ass, and the Virmire survivor could be at the spiritual front, aided by turian shamans and human sages (because it would make sense for the turians to be aware of the Spirit world since they worship spirits, too, and you did say Valern perked up at the mention of the Spirit world when Avatar Kelin was explaining bending physics. Perhaps he was happy that another race believed in it).

It would make sense for the Reapers to have dealings with dark spirits. After all, they are millions of years old, have seen just about everything (perhaps the humans aren't the first race with bending, a bending race pops up every few cycles or so), they probably have Reaper-ised bending races in their ranks... Perhaps, that is why they are so damn effective at harvesting sentients! Most races, since they don't believe in a spirit world, don't even know what hits them and the Reapers are free to kill them all!

And this also would tie to the themes of Mass Effect: that this cycle is special. After all, without taking my ideas in account, we have a bending race (humans), a race that's virtually immortal (krogans, nobody knows their potential lifespan and Wrex is apparently over 1300 years old and still going strong) and a race that is all biotics (asari). With my half-assed ideas it brings in to the fold one more Spirit-worshipping race (turians), and at least two more bending races into the fold (krogans and quarians).

Maybe that's ***why*** it's so important to make peace between the geth and the quarians and cure the genophage by the time the Reaper War is full-on-blast. We need overpowered bending soldiers to kick their collective asses!

If other races have individuals capable of bending (but don't because nobody ever bent before humans), then perhaps, while skewing towards one more bending type than other because their cultures (and genetics) are more uniforms than humans (this is a plot point in ME as to why humans are special, we are so damn diverse), the bending they develop would be largely dependent on personality. Like, krogans always head on into battle and smash everything and such so they would be largely firebenders, and turians are heavily regulated by the government (like a less dictatorial version of AtlA Ba Sing Se) and do a lot of duty stuff and such so most benders would be earthbenders. But there may be flighty krogans that are airbenders or calm turians not set in their ways that are waterbenders (GARRUS! His C-Sec, mostly turian, bosses kept complaining he was sooo unconventional, and a waterbending turian healer sounds just about right for Archangel, a defensor of the weak!). But I wouldn't put it past the krogan to find lethal uses for airbending.

You have raised all sorts of very interesting ideas with just humans able to bend!

Gosh, I'm so excited for your fic and sorry for speculating about your ideas :) Your head is your own, and I'm looking forward to more!

Keep up the good work!
Reko-Luna chapter 8 . 1/3/2014
i think you swapped around the meaning or 'are' and 'our'
ZecoreZecron chapter 8 . 7/14/2013
Ha! I got that reference to the other Avatar. I always wondered why unobtanium was so valuable.
Wanderer101 chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
A last airbender/ME crossover in which only humans can bend. Just the story I was looking for! But has been updated in months... come on Dragonking what's the deal! when am I going to see what happens next in this masterpiece!
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »