Reviews for Mismatch
WithEveryBreath101 chapter 10 . 7/29/2013
Hey :) I'd like to tell you I really enjoy reading your story! :) I really like the storyline and what you've made of their early partnership! I really hope you'll update this story soon when you've got time :)
Greetings from Germany :)
t-smitts chapter 2 . 7/22/2013
Interesting perspective. I'm most definitely NOT an L/S shipper, but it's interesting to see real dialogue from existing episodes shown in a new light. I have all the episodes on hard drive and actually watched "Love Conquers Al" again to see. I do think you had Lilly being a bit uncharacteristically harsh with Scotty in the last two paragraphs of the chapter, but still neat to see.

Glad to see someone else appreciates the show.
darkin520 chapter 10 . 7/7/2013
I really enjoyed this chapter. It's really an extension of the last one, and I'm glad that Lilly invited him over. Of course, I figured something deeper than sleeping might occur. I loved the bit of awkwardness with the cat name conversation, Lilly assuming Scotty was bored. I do love how that led Scotty to open up a bit more about Alyssa (Elisa?) and explain what happened. I do love that Lilly assures him he can't keep blaming himself. I adore where this led. I'm glad these two got together since it seems to me they're both good for one another.

While I really enjoyed the chapter, though, there was a bit of inconsistency with the perspective changes. You were in Lilly's perspective, but then you shifted back and forth between Lilly and Scotty...and it got a little jarring. Now, I do understand you're trying to show both their thoughts, but I think perhaps page breaks might be better. Or you could try something like this: do a bit on Lilly's perspective. Page break. Then Scotty's perspecive. Page break...and so on. I really think something like that might work a bit better. Of course, that's completely up to you.

Overall, I really enjoyed the chapter. I'm sorry you had some family issues that left you busy, but hopefully everything is okay now. I look forward to seeing what happens next, and I am eager to find out more about the case too. Well done. :)

One little thing:

The gnawing demon that had chewed away at his heart since Alyssa's passing seldom escaped from his body unless he was in the adrenalin rush of a car race or pursing a perpetrator.-I am slightly confused since I thought her name was Elisa. Was this a typo?
darkin520 chapter 9 . 7/7/2013
Ah, it's been a little while since I've read, but it didn't take me long to get back into this. Anyway, poor Scotty and Lilly. I really love how they both had so many trials in their personal lives. Not only that, poor Scotty getting the third degree a bit from Lilly. As you know, I'm fandom blind, so I really loved learning a bit about Lilly's past and why she's so blase about love. Well, now that I know what happened, I can certainly understand why. I love when things come together. I also love that her trip back to the past led her to realize where Scotty went. I am so happy she went to him, and I absolutely adored the uncertainty and awkwardness in the beginning. And I love how that led to a deep conversation and comfort for them. I don't recall since it's been so long since I read, but is Scotty eluding to the fact Elisa had committed suicide? Well, perhaps the next chapter will have the answer. Lovely chapter. Well done. :)
Trinity005 chapter 10 . 5/28/2013
Yay! So happy to see a new chapter. I liked it and I'm anxious to see where this is going. I have said this before but, again, I love the pace of your fic. It's slower and more realistic; I can really "feel" things happening. Great work!

And I'm sorry about your family situation. I hope things are better now!
Rhonda Roo chapter 10 . 5/28/2013
Great chapter... it's kind of like on the show she thanked him for telling her and I thought that was sweet. But now she can help him feel better by just being there... can't wait for more.
memingers chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
First of all, I'd like to say that I'm not familiar with this fandom at all so the things I say will not be guided by knowledge of canon. Also, I'm typing this on an iPad so I apologize in advance if there are any typos in the review.

SPaG:

Rubbing his red-rimmed, brown eyes,
Unnecessary comma between red-rimmed and brown.
Though the coffee she was sipping was ice-cold and strands of blonde hair drifted into her eyes, Lilly ignored Lass
I don't see how the fact that the coffee was cold and her hair was in her eyes relates to the fact that she's ignoring him... did you mean to put though?
why I got
why I've got, unless it's an dialect.
Real class act
Real classy act. Again, if it's a dialect thing ignore me. XD
I don't got a choice.
I don't have a choice.
as she bolted down the rest of her coffee
I've never heard bolted used in that sense before. 'Gulped' or 'chugged' would make more sense.
Lil took that pretty good.
Lil took that pretty well.
and only took the two pieces each Lilly's sign commanded.
This seems like a weirdly worded sentence. Lilly's sign commanded doesn't quite fit to me.

-end SpAG-

I really liked Lilly - she's very feisty and I love her attitude. By your descriptions, you made Vera very unlikable. If that's what you were going for, mission accomplished! Your writing was very descriptive - I liked how you accompanied every bit of dialogue with an action, although it became a little much at times. I wished the lines could speak for themselves a little bit more sometimes.

Even never having touched this fandom, I definitely understood what was going on and what the characters were like, so kudos for that.

I thought overall that this was a very good prologue. It was short but it set up the story well. Good work. :)
Edhla chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
It's been a while since I've seen this show, but I did kind of OD on them at one time ;)

What really struck me here is your attention to dialogue. At first, Lilly's lack of grammar kind of surprised me; ("I got" instead of "I've got", etc) and then I thought back: yeah, she really did speak like that. Well noted, and well handled. Excellent.

Same for Stillman's dialogue. It's distinct from the other characters, and very well written.

I also like the fact that you're not portraying Lilly to be an angel here. Lass isn't obliged to stay; she's really being quite harsh for objecting to someone transferring out.

Nice nod, too, to the fact that despite the fact that I think there's laws surrounding it, cops in homicide programs seem to never, ever go home. :D

The detail about her mouth hardening is excellent, and I'm sure if caffeine were suddenly outlawed, most law enforcement agencies would go into meltdown ;)

In short, excellent work, here :)
zebraboymom chapter 9 . 1/7/2013
Very vulnerable scene written very well. I could feel the emotions. Nice job. Looking forward to watching the relationship progress.
lulubell6 chapter 9 . 1/2/2013
Congratulations on your new job!

I am so happy you updated. This story is amazing. I love that Lilly and Scotty are bonding. I can't wait to read more!
Trinity005 chapter 9 . 12/31/2012
You might not believe but just yesterday I was thinking about this fic (and wishing you hadn't given up on it). I was very glad to receive an update notification today!

I loved this new chapter and seeing Scotty slowly open up to Lilly. She's getting involved with him without even noticing, which I'm enjoying to read.
Rhonda Roo chapter 9 . 12/31/2012
OH wow.. such emotion, can't wait for more!
Amanda4Meloni chapter 9 . 12/31/2012
Once Scotty tells Lil' all about Elisa being bi-polar and her eventual suicide, she will hopefully tell him all about her childhood attack. Whether she will tell him about her mothers alcoholism, the abusive relationships and all that Chris put her thru in later years - she may feel it's too much too soon, she definitly doesn't want to scare him off!

More soon please :-)
persevera chapter 2 . 11/22/2012
They're beginning with a combination of attraction and antagoism.
The murder that they'll be investigating sounds interesting.
[you're just like an iceberg. You don't got a shred of soul or compassion underneath all that ice.]-I didn't get that feeling about her with the comments she made. What had she said to make him thing that she had no compassion? She'd actually sounded more compassionate than Valens, worried about and innocent man having been wrongly convicted.
persevera chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Lilly is irritating in this chapter. She'll demand that she be treated as an equal on the force but she'll still pout like a teenager when her partner transfers out for very valid reasons. It seems very selfish and petty.
I haven't seen a lot of episodes of the show but the ones I have seen, I don't remember the grammar being this bad. I can't really identify one character over another, except the chubby guy with curly hair.
I like the little break from the office where you show that it's Halloween and Lilly thought to leave candy and instructions for its distribution.