Reviews for I Have My Reasons
asesina chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
Interesting description of Finch's viewpoint! I think that he must feel godlike at times, but his altruism is admirable.
ReadingBlueWolf chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
I love this show. It's one of my favorites. You really did a spectacular job getting Finch's tone and voice. He's totally in character! I love your descriptions like when you likened his burden to Atlas. I like the fact you bring up the question what would happen if he left. This is really great! Good job!
Tune4Toons chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Alright, so lemme ramble on about how no one picked up your tag since 3, and how I am finally able to tag again and picked yours up in celebration, as well as how I don't know anything about this show, so any comments made will be affected from that. Rambling finished. :3 Now onto the review!

I love how the story starts off with a philosophical turn. The question of power and its [all extensive] greatness has been one people have wondered about and wanted since the beginning of forever. Actually, reading through this, it's exactly that. Of course, I don't know what Finch is like, but he sounds like a very detached kind of person. And this Machineā€¦ the emphasis on really gives it its power, its importance. Lovely work. No plot(?) outside of a wonderful take of his character, but an interesting perspective to read about nonetheless. Cheers! :D

Tune
McJunker chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
One of my pop culture regrets is that I watched the pilot episode of Person of Interest, and then moved away to a new home without a TV. I was so jazzed about the concept, the characters, the dialogue, the action... Man, I really need to look this up online somewhere.

Anyway, the point being that I remember enough from the first episode to know that this piece is spot on in terms of Finch's personality and worldview. I can easily imagine Michael Emerson reading this aloud as a warm up to get into character. I don't know if the angst is what developed in the show or if it's your invention, but either way it fits naturally with the character of Finch.

Great piece- if only you had some form of conflict to make a story out of...

cheers
ShadedRogue chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
I love Finch's perspective in this piece. He doesn't really vocalize his thoughts very much in the show, but I imagine that this line of thought would be quite in character for him. I like how you addressed the machine becoming his purpose in life; he's kind of a bit like Reese in that, without the machine, and without the purpose of saving people, they would both have no will to live.
I particularly like the line "I would rather look over the people than become one of them." And that's basically what he does; he doesn't consider himself part of the world anymore because he's legally dead, and for all we know, hasn't existed as his real identity for decades, so it seems somewhat fitting that since he doesn't consider himself "belonging" to the world, he feels he has to protect it instead.
It was a very interesting piece. Good work!
Sloan33 chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
This, my dear... I have no words. Ah I've found some!
It's astounding, emotional, a but of humor thrown in with Reese's discription.
Just, how you piece together Finch's thoughts together is amazing.
'I would rather look over the people than become one of them.'
It may sound arrogant, but if you know Finch from the show you know it's absolutely not.
And I loved the addition of the Atlas metaphor.
Truly a favorite. Thanks for this. Perhaps one in Reese's point of view next time?
If I beg?
PJTL156 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Aw. I love Finch. :D Loved it. :D
ladybrin chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
i like this fic- you did a good job with Finch- thanks for writing
Mamahub chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I really like your (Finch's) in depth introspection on the challenges and responsibilities that he has taken onto his shoulders through the awesome capabilities of The Machine. Great job!