Reviews for Mother's Legacy
meeresstern1983 chapter 21 . 2/8
I like it a lot. This is an AU that might indeed have happened if Aerith had not been able to escape Shinra. As I read the whole fic in one session, there are some things that I happened upon that intrigue me. I hope you don't mind if I muse a little bit on them here.

One example is that Angeal mentioned that Sephiroth and Aerith have a certain similarity to each other which led to him thinking they may be siblings when he first saw her. Yes, this might be worded as a casual observation which might not have a deeper meaning, but still, I wonder. As you seemingly try to keep as close to canon as can be in your AU (you're doing a great job with this, by the way), I doubt they really are siblings. But perhaps cousins or something similar? Wouldn't that be a riot...

And another thing is Genesis. That guy seems to be quite relaxed (and dare I say happy) for a prisoner. I somehow have the feeling that Genesis already accepted his role as the prisoner in his reenacting of LOVELESS. Does that mean he is already cured of his degradation or that he will not degrade at all? And that he recited the first act of the poem to Sephiroth when the latter visited him... Does this mean that Sephiroth will be the wanderer this time around?

Questions, questions and more questions. Well, I will just have to wait and see what the answers to my questions are.

However, I also want to leave a teeeeeeny bit of critic behind. Don't take this the wrong way, please. It's just that you sometimes seem to forget a word or use one that is not quite fitting in my opinion. At the end of chapter 21 for example, you wrote "Smiling, Aerith headed over into the group of refugees to speak to some of them about AVALANCHE." In my opinion you should have used "to", not "into". If I use "into", I use it e. g. when I go into a room or put my bag into a car. "Into" for me implies that I'm moving something or someone from outside of a closed space to the inside of it. For me " moving to the inner part of" "into". Therefore, your use of "into" in this context gives me the picture that Aerith somehow phases through one or more bodies belonging to the afore mentioned group just to stand directly in the middle of it. And I doubt that this is the picture you wanted to convey.

I don't want to flame you, I really don't. But I would suggest that you read your chapters over once or twice before you post them here. Overall, your grammar is completely fine. There are just some things one might overlook while writing. Reading it over again after your writing is finished might help you catch them.

meeresstern1983
sdphantom10 chapter 1 . 2/4
I think its a great subtle move with Deneh/Diné switch! I've loved this fic since I laid eyes on and its one of the few I can re-read and not get tired of it.
HazzaTL3 chapter 21 . 1/31
This was a cool chapter, I was concerned over Deneh as she was put in an Alter.

And Nanaki is captured by Hojo..
HazzaTL3 chapter 20 . 1/29
Finally got chance to read this long chapter. Please reduce the length..

Good chapter, wonder if Cloud shall dual weild in thus?
catxangel chapter 21 . 1/29
Well, Aerith finally found out her mother's name...
Riku Uzumaki chapter 21 . 1/29
I can only imagine what Aerith will think and do once she finds out/remembers that Ifalna is her mother.
WraithHeart chapter 21 . 1/29
Another chapter, another review. So far, so very much good. Aerith gets to ask about the Cetra and learns(sorta)of Ifalna. Cloud seems oddly wise in this fic. Hmm, satisfying.
Ever patient, WraithHeart
Irish-Brigid chapter 21 . 1/29
I always figured the orb was some sort of chair with rounded sides and bottom so it looked like an orb when he was sitting in it. Maybe it's powered by a float materia and Bugenhagen had the chair designed to look like materia as a joke.

And your supposition about Dine is certainly as good as any I've heard. Better, even, when it comes to what her and Nanaki's people were called.
WraithHeart chapter 20 . 12/17/2013
Hmm, nice.

So it has begun.

Peace.
Irish-Brigid chapter 20 . 12/17/2013
Cloud's special. _ He's going to be very strong, no doubt.

I'm looking forward to Aerith's visit to Cosmo Canyon. It's going to be quite the trip, in several senses of the word.
Riku Uzumaki chapter 20 . 12/16/2013
It's obvious that Hojo did something to Cloud.
HazzaTL3 chapter 19 . 12/8/2013
Interesting cant wait to see what you planned for cloud next.
WraithHeart chapter 19 . 11/29/2013
So poor Cloud's a guinea pig eh? Call me a sadist but I like that idea(but here's a question; how come no one's questioned whether president Shinra has a cousin with a thing for birds yet? I swear Cloud's related to Rufus somehow. Poor, poor Chocobo Head).
By the way, since J cells gave Silver-boy psychic connection with his clones, will his abilities bleed into Cloud(I'm pretty sure that's what happened in the game, but correct me if I'm wrong). And will Seph notice?(the above questions only apply if Cloud is Jenova-fied)
Looking forward to to the next update and I enjoy your incarnation of Aerith(I just want to pinch her little cheeks!)Peace.
p.s. there are many unanswered questions in the universe but right now here is the most pressing;Seriously Seph, your an evil megalomaniac! What purpose does the whacking Chocobo Head with a puny bit of materia serve?! It didn't even knock him out for spirits' sake!
Irish-Brigid chapter 19 . 11/23/2013
Sorry it took so long to review. It's been an interesting week. I'm almost kinda feeling sorry for Genesis. What he found isn't an easy thing to swallow and he seems a little more sane than he did in canon.

I sure hope Corel doesn't end up the same way it did originally.

Hojo's at it again. Look out, Cloud! Don't trust him!
M00NBunnie K chapter 19 . 11/22/2013
This is an awesome story. I love the concept of it. I cant wait till Aerith finds out shes an an ancient. Update soon ;)