Reviews for Shadow of a Song
Peregrin Took the Falcon chapter 1 . 5/10
Could you perhaps write a sequel in which his dream does come true? Or even one in which it doesn't, because I like a good tragedy just as well as a happy ending. Pretty please?
Madame Tortilla chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Tolkien time :3

One thing you can’t say about Maglor is that he was an evil elf. I think his life was so riddled of tragedy and misfortune that he eventually succumbed to a darker side of his persona. When I first read of his fading, I recall staring at the page of the Silmarillion wide eyed and feeling sorry for the poor elf.

That said, I think you conveyed his sadness and feelings of nostalgia in a beautiful manner. The narrative itself is very alluring and eloquent, a proper rendition of Tolkien’s work. When it comes to grammar and structure, I have much praise to give you and little to no negative details to point. An example of this is how you conveyed Maglor’s loneliness; it was a beautiful reading.

The whole chapter feels like a song to me. Or a poem, which would be also fitting. Maglor’s musing about the sea are very much as I would’ve imagined.

I assume that he hopes for a warm welcome at the end of all things, but may also fear that might not happen. When it comes to fading, I wonder what exactly happens when an elf fades from the world.

The song could be interpreted as a metaphor for the end of all things and the beginning of new life, perhaps? I like this particular theory, as it sounds very poetic.

Happy writings :3
LornaWinters chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Awwww! That was sad! But as always, gorgeous! I like how you have the separate sentences, "The Sea was speaking," "And so he answered the Sea," etc. Like a poem in itself! Love it!
Friendly Feanorian chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Hi RandomCelt or Way (not sure which you prefer to be called). I would like to see you sustain something a bit longer. You certainly have the gift for words. And for the record, I am not sure that there are that many better stories.
Lysana chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Your wish is granted! This fic is sweet and awesome, and totally Maglor. RandomCelt, never doubt your worthiness or that of your writing. Maglor himself would like this fic and feel it true. I believe it would move him to tears.

-Lysana
Lia Whyteleafe chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
He will see them again. I know he will.
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Poor Maglor, he's all alone. I would have killed myself in despair if this had happened to me...