Reviews for Never Sleep
readaddict123 chapter 15 . 6/20
I really enjoyed this chapter! I'm looking forward to the next update!
T.K. angel chapter 2 . 6/6
I'm confused is Severus Snape Harry potter or did Harry potter take on the identity of Severus snape
thexlonelyxprincessx chapter 15 . 9/26/2014
I love this story as well. Have you abondoned it or just dont have internet anymore? I hope you havn't abondened any of your stories as i've come to love you as a writer.
explorer girl in training chapter 4 . 7/22/2014
This isn't exactly what you asked for but this is different from what I've seen from the fem Harry stories I've read, so I'm thinking it's not so generic.

Moratorium
By: Darkpetal16
Harry Potter was never a good little child. Harry Potter learned the hard way early on, that the good only won in stories and fairy tales, and so to adapt, Harry Potter chose not to be such a good little girl anymore.
!Gray Harry !Dark Harry !Manipulative Harry Fem!Harry F!Harry
Star Fata chapter 15 . 7/15/2014
Love the way you've portrayed pretty much everything, but especially Hayden's interactions with other girls. I love that Lavender and Parvati are sort of keeping an eye out for their roommate, and their good advice.
I also l
White Ivy chapter 15 . 7/12/2014
I hope Harry's going to be ok! It doesn't seem like he's much better yet. Especially if he's only just barely detoxed. Should he really be at Hogwarts?
White Ivy chapter 8 . 7/12/2014
In an earlier review, I recommended "The Pureblood Pretense" by murkybluematter. I think it fits what you're looking for in a fem!Harry fic (if you're still looking for a good fem!Harry fic).
Not only is the writing excellent, but it doesn't focus on pairings at all.
Harriet Potter is a young girl who loves potion making and is intent on becoming a potions mistress. Her parents are alive in this fic and she's exposed to magic, including potions from a found age. No cannon!Voldemort, but a politician Tom Riddle exists and through the decades there have been several reforms favoring purebloods, including not allowing muggleborns to go to Hogwarts. By Harriet's time, only purebloods can attend Hogwarts. This is a problem for Harriet because her potion master idol, Severus Snape, teaches at Hogwarts. The American school that non-purebloods attend has several excellent areas of study, but their potions program is not one of them. Harriet and her 'cousin' Archie Black decide to switch places and identities so that Harriet can go to Hogwarts and learn potions and Archie can go to the American school and learn healing. This is a huge risk for Harriet because if the two are discovered, Archie may get a slap on the wrist, but Harriet could be in huge trouble for appropriating a pureblood's identity.
The fic goes into how Harriet hides her secrets from the school, her family, friends, and society. And what this costs her.
The author also has some pretty good ideas on magic and magical society, so there's lots of great world building.
So if you're still waiting for an interesting, well-written, non-romance fem!Harry fanfic, check this one out. (Plus it's long and has sequels!) :)
White Ivy chapter 5 . 7/12/2014
If you're still interested, fem!Harry fic recs:
1) The Pureblood Pretense by murkybluematter. (sequels)
Summary: "Harriett Potter dreams of going to Hogwarts, but in an AU where the school only accepts purebloods, the only way to reach her goal is to switch places with her pureblood cousin—the only problem? Her cousin is a boy. Alanna the Lioness take on HP." Both the characterization and world building are fabulous.
2) Behind the Veil by StycianLeo
Summary: "After the final battle, our hero takes time to mourn the lost; for all his tribulations Magic itself gives him the opportunity to regain his loved ones and perhaps make a few more. For that opportunity, no price is too high. Rated M, FemHarry/TMR and more."
3) Lily and the Art of Being Sisyphus by The Carnivorous Muffin
Summary: "Lily is not quite a normal little girl. The Dursleys always say she's a freak just like her freakish parents, her uncle Death seems to be convinced she's the grim reaper, and her ever political and invisible best friend Wizard Lenin just thinks she should take over the world. On top of all that the secret society of wizards think she's Jesus. AU female!Harry among other things."
Sphere Warrior chapter 9 . 7/7/2014
Hadley has the map? IIRC fake Moody had it, that's how he found out about Crouch.
Eien Michi chapter 15 . 7/5/2014
This deserves a lot more attention.
Original, well written and interesting, leaving the reader craving for more.
Can't really criticize anything as I can't see anything that could bother me.
In short, this is just mindless praise. This fic deserves praise. A lot of praise.
Eien Michi chapter 14 . 7/5/2014
Be warned I'm very bad at analysis.
It's nice to see a fic where we see the evolution of a character, not just simply character has x specifics at the beginning, then has x specifics at the end, but he's more powerful and blablabla.
Also an insight of the psyche of the characters it seems.
Serendipital chapter 15 . 6/30/2014
This chapter was great. I loved going into Hadley's character some more and interactions that don't have too much action. It says a lot about her. I'm really looking forward to how Harry is after his treatment - it's going to be interesting, I'm sure.

Oh, and I really love your decision to make Hadley asexual. They're horribly misrepresented, and as a maybe-asexual myself (I haven't figured it out yet), it's nice to have someone to maybe-identify with, ha ha. Your representation sounds pretty spot-on too. Good luck on the next chapter - I'm really looking forward to it!
Bakajin chapter 14 . 6/28/2014
I personally think that it is completely believable. People will not immediately think of addiction. Especially if, as Harry is here, they're a functional addict. Realistically people don't probe too deeply especially if they are not there to see the change in personality / decent. So I think this is a good presentation. Quite melancholy, but realistic the same.
Then again, addiction is not a happy subject, ever.
I do really enjoy the story and cannot wait for more.
Nox River chapter 14 . 6/16/2014
I actually really like this story. The writing is good, and so is the pace, I think. I can't wait for the next update.

If you're still looking for a decent fem!Harry story, I'd suggest Princess of the Blacks (if you haven't read it). It's a bit dark, and kinda graphic, but I liked it for the most part (it's completed and the sequel has been started. It will take you a while to read though).

Hope to read more. Cheers!
Nox
Random number generator chapter 3 . 5/28/2014
No sane pairing is a deal breaker.