Reviews for Of Silk & Bone
GIGA-XISBASS chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
THIS WAS A PRETTY GOOD FANFIC. I HOPE YOU'LL MAKE A SEQUEL SOMETIME. I'D LOVE TO SEE WHAT'D HAPPEN NEXT WHEN THEY MEET.
Bluemew22 chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Tracked like nopony's business
Couldn't delete this profile chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
'Not so different' trope, deployed! Very effectively, too.
Rowanoak23 chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Whoa. VERY nice. Loved how you managed to separate and then bring the two POVs together. A really fascinating look at two rulers and their different methods and manners. Love it.
Amber Treelights chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
While it may be short, and consciousness only, this is one of the most impressive things you've ever written. I wasn't expecting this, but of course, I wasn't really expecting anything except a character study.

The best thing about this is the contrast between Celestia & Chrysalis, and the fact that despite it, the two of them really aren't as different as they appear. It feels like one of those scary moments when the person you can't stand is more like you than anyone else. Only these two share a lot of differences, and similarities. In fact, I think it might be the differences that are the reason for the similarities - and it's a beautiful example of how hate and love are so intertwined, like how you wrote about in that blog entry.

I really do think that without the imagery, this wouldn't have worked as well. You never fail to impress me with how perfectly you describe settings, and random pieces of what the character is seeing. It's never too much or too little, and gives just enough of a picture to where the reader can imagine actually being there in the character's mind. It's lovely.

The way you pretty much had the thoughts of the two characters the same, only in different mindsets was such a beautiful touch to this story. They're there, doing the same things, only in their own worlds. Having the same thoughts, only in their own minds. It was so intriguing to be reading this and wondering just how different these two characters actually are. They are very different, and it was almost frightening to see Celestia pitying Chrysalis, while Chrysalis only hates her and would destroy her if given the chance.

By the end of the story, it's hard to even decide whether you think they're more different or more similar. But I think that's the most interesting part.

You've really outdone yourself here, and I hope more people can appreciate this intriguing study.
DreadedCandiru2 chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Well, this is an interesting little look into their differences and similarities.
BronyBraeburn chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
The whole fic reads like a story version of "This Day Aria," which is so damn awesome in every little way that I still have a hard time believing it's a My Little Pony song. I LOVE the similarities and contrasts between Celestia and Chrysalis. It establishes them both as queens firmly in control over their subjects with just enough differences that perfectly suits their characters, motivations, and even their damn character designs. The italics for Celestia signifies beauty and grace where Chrysalis's bold screams harsh and angry. Though Chrysalis clearly revels in being a villain in the finale, your fic is a wonderful reminder that her motivation isn't evil for the sake of being evil like I've seen some fanart and some fanfics paint her as. It's funny that you actually justified EQD saying the finale was as good as Lion King, because I kept getting images of Scar taking care of his hyena minions whenever Chrysalis talked about the other changelings, and how she PWNS him as a monarch because she's willing to go anywhere to make sure everyone is fed and he would rather everybody starve to death because his pride won't let him leave his throne.

You deserve to be proud of this. It's easily up there as one of your best, and very nice job coming up with an excuse as to why Celestia was taken down so easily.