Reviews for Of Broken Mirrors and Good Men
PumpkinSpiceLatte chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
I ENJOYED IT! It was good. Really nice. I can hear Steve say what he's saying.
Lozzimal chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
I can see Steve feeling some guilt over the Other Guy.

This is well written and I think you've got their voices just right too.
Static O. Sventura chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
This was an interesting read. I've seen tons of fics about Tony apologizing for Hulk Buster tech, and other people saying sorry.
This is the only one where I've read Steve apologize. And it really fits, because it is something he would do. So, I've got to tell you, kudos to a good idea and writing :D
Bob chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Great job! Insightful, well scripted, and true to the characters. Keep it up! :D
klaineisendgame11 chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
I wish this was in the movie!
StrictlySomething chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
I've been on an Avengers kick lately, just running through everything I can find. And very time I think I've reached the end, I run across a gem like this and it starts all over. Excellent oneshot!
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Liked this.
Trumpeteer34 chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
These stories between Steve and Bruce seem scarce, but the concept is really interesting, considering the serum is the connection between the legend and the monster. I think you handled both of these characters really well, Steve especially. I bet you Steve did feel pretty guilty about what happened to Bruce, not when Coulson was showing him Banner's file, but when he finally got to meet Bruce, to see the kind of man he had indirectly ruined. Steve just seems like the kind of guy who would be sorry for that, because Bruce IS a good guy, and so is Steve. And I love the fact that you write Banner as a man who has mostly moved on and not looking to blame anyone for his own mistake. You handle these characters phenomenally. I really enjoyed this piece. Thank you so much for posting it!
Ocaso chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
I guess that it's bitter-sweet because it's so in-character. After all, I would have loved Bruce to change his mind and accept Steve's support... But then it'd be AU/OOC. Which moves me to congratulate you: people generally compromise the characters for the sake of a plot. You did not. You took a risk. It worked.

Well done.

Cheers,

Ocaso.
Dairi chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Enjoyable read Good job.
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Liked the fic
sudoku chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
I never thought of the fail and success of the super soldier experiment between Bruce and Steve, well done. The fic between these 2 is really rare.
starsandstillness chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I really liked this story. And Steve's right, Dr. Erskine would have liked Banner a lot.

You write excellent dialogue for these two reserved, soft-spoken men. Most people get them wrong.

If I can make one suggestion, I'd cut down on the description. The theme of the story is how Bruce sees himself; the main action is the conversation between Steve and Bruce. Any descriptive details that don't help with those(Bruce musing about why Steve came, the story of how Bruce agreed to stay in Stark Tower, etc.) should be left out. You'll have more room (and more time) for the good stuff. :)
false sourires chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I always thought Steve should have discussion with Bruce on Erskine's philosophy, because really, who's to say Bruce didn't get it right
Red Tigress chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I loved it! All the feels. Very nice, hardly anyone writes Steve and Bruce having heart to heart fics.