Reviews for Broken Engines
Hawki chapter 1 . 1/26/2013

Don’t worry, that’s a good “huh.” A “huh” that signifies “this is interesting” rather than “what am I reading?” I don’t say the latter, because from the outset, I could tell this was set to be an interesting story. That it’s from the Normandy’s POV, that EDI is nothing but an extension of Normandy, that EDI ‘belongs’ to Normandy in a sense…crikey, you’ve already got me saying “Normandy” rather than “the Normandy.” And I’m only a few lines in. 0_0

Well, that’s definitely a good sign, to get me invested in a oneshot so quickly. So many kudos for that. But moving on…

-Well, moving on, I guess more of the same from above applies, and that’s good. Finding more stuff to comment on, more kudos to the writing technique of bolding the speech of the Normandy, while having the EDI/Shepard conversation written normally.

-Moving through the rest of the fic, there isn’t much I can say that hasn’t already been said up above in some form or another. More props to the ending sequence, how…well, I think I may be missing out on some of the context from the stories you mention at the start, but it’s…interesting. Kind of hazy as to where EDI begins/ends, and where the Normandy does, whether they’re truly separate or not. Probably missing something obvious, but I still felt it was well done.

And indeed, the fic as a whole. Great concept, and well executed.
Crystal-Bulma chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
You are making me hate myself for not taking the Synthesis option...

This time I did cry for EDI.
words without chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Ok, so can we just pretend like we aren't irl friends for the duration of this review? Because I'd hate for people to think I was only slobbering over this story out of friendly sense of duty.

Your writing is just so mature. The Normandy as a living breathing thing, phrases such as "Her pilot belongs to her. This is implicit in his title." and "Shepard speaks harshly, as to an inferior officer.", and also the Normandy sounding jealous because it can't choose good vs evil so Shepard has to choose for the both of them.

And also this is a prime example: you hate EDI/Joker so much you went and wrote some but first Shepard punched a robot in the face.