Reviews for Titanic Beginnings
Awinarock chapter 7 . 3/26/2013
So you still haven't addressed Harry's change in appearance/age, which came out of the blue. Also, James Potter's reaction to the Imperius Curse wasn't a "supposed" plot hole, it was a giant gaping one. Andrew gave the perfect description of the Imperius Curse and you're telling me that not a single person can realize that Harry was under one? We're talking about the same curse that pretty much every single witch and wizard in Magical Britain knows intamately after the first war, right? The one that 4th year Hogwarts students can describe, right? The one that James Potter, apparently a competent wizard, Lily Potter, often described as a genius/prodigy, and Albus Dumbledore, known in Canon as the most powerful wizard alive, can't detect? This needs to be addressed, it just kills your story. You could have Harry feel guilty for not being able to resist the Imperius and run way from home only to stumble upon Nicholas Flamel. Anything would be better than what you have right know. Honestly, the idea that the three most powerful wizards opposing Voldemort can't tell whether or not someone was under the Imperius Curse, a favorite for Death Eaters, when witnesses give the perfect description for one is just ludicrous.
Awinarock chapter 5 . 3/5/2013
No one knows if he was under the Imperio? Seriously? The Head of the Death Eater division doesn't know how to recognize the insanely obvious descriptions of the Imperious Curse that his kids, the witnesses, give him? I can sort of see why you would go with this. You want Harry to go to Nicholas and join the Unspeakables, but this reeks of a terrible plot device. Just saying.
Awinarock chapter 3 . 3/5/2013
This chapter makes no sense. You're telling me that James Potter is blaming his four year old son for not being able to resist what sounds like an Impreius Curse, something that most adult Wizards can't even do? Sure, it's an emotionally charged moment for everyone and you can't expect someone to act perfectly rationally, but EVERYONE is going completely disregard the fact that Harry was put under the Imperius Curse?
iafaS chapter 7 . 1/8/2013
Will everyone else (besides the Unspeakables) ever figure out that harry was under the imperius? I think it was Andrew who told everyone what happened, he mentioned that the Death Eaters hit harry with a spell(?) but no one paid attention to that. How come Dumbles didn't do his legilimancy shtick and see what happened? That's sorta his thing
Raul Fictitious chapter 7 . 6/4/2012
so how did harry grow so fast? really need a confirmation on his age!
Raul Fictitious chapter 5 . 6/4/2012
okay... just how old is Harry exactly? Please don't tell me he's four!
karekid2004 chapter 7 . 6/2/2012
this is a great story.

there is one thing i cant figure out.

how did harry go from looking like a kid to an adult.

did you have a time jump and he really is older now, did he take an ageing potion, is it a glamour, is he a metamorph.

i cant seem to find the explaination to it, he appears in one chapter as a kid and the very next chapter noone realizes he is still a kid. i found it odd
DarkDreamer1982 chapter 7 . 6/2/2012
I can't wait to read more! One question. In the part were u mention the new birth certificate, it puts him at age 4, but then he looks 20. And albus was already looking at it, so y didn't he ask about it? And also, if jack/harry is developing a drinking/smoking problem due to the memories that nick had him view, and because of his current health issues, y hasn't nick done or asked jack about it already? Loving everything else about this story and can't wait for more! Keep up the awesome work!
Haystacks chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Hi,

I like your style of writing, could do with some polishing in places, but hey - whose style couldn't? If it was easy I'd have a hundred books written and a bank balance to rival JKR...

The only part of your plot I'd question is James' reaction to hearing Harry being under Imperio - it feels like he reacts a bit too OOC for how you built his relationship with Harry in prior chapters.

I'd suggest either writing in an 'I overreacted' scene, or possibly change the plot slightly to show Harry feeling guilt for what he sees as his actions (and not being strong enough to fight the compulsions) and running away? Or if that screws with your planned plot then maybe add paragraphs to the first few chapters to show a different slant on the Harry-James relationship? More doubts in the privacy of James' mind perhaps?

Also why would James run from a bust on an illegal ritual just to see his wife (this is in character), yet not get reprimanded and indeed get later promoted?

Interesting ideas you've had and I hope you continue to develop them.
karekid2004 chapter 3 . 5/26/2012
this story is really good so far. just curious but what happened to your other story wanted. i really liked it and now its missing.
tedlay chapter 3 . 5/26/2012