Reviews for Chronicles of Regeneration
Reiko x 3 chapter 37 . 8/21
I like the dash of realism you've added to the game. Game time makes it seem as though everything passes quickly, but in real life a journey like this could easily take a year if not longer. Considering that Sylvarant is basically a single hemisphere of the original world (I call it Aselia because Tales of Phantasia takes place in the same continuity - just many thousands of millennia later - and the world in that game is called Aselia) and they are traveling on foot...I'd estimate a year to a year and a half before they reach the Tower of Salvation. Kvar is an asshole. Killing him is easily one of the most fulfilling moments in the entire game.
LoneLilac11 chapter 37 . 3/6
I'm anticipating the changes you have in store for your novelization as well as what you're planning in general. I read the prequel and liked it so I'm both curious and interested in this fic. :)
Hani chapter 37 . 1/16
Just so you know there's a typo here that says "Kratos raised his staff" when it's supposed to be Kvar. Anyway, I'm excited for the upcoming chapters!
Bookworm776 chapter 37 . 11/9/2015
Hey! I saw your reply in the forum, which reminded me that I really need to give this story its long-overdue review. I've been following this story for a few months, and I only recently caught up with it. I've enjoyed the journey. I have read many works in this fandom, and what I love about your take is the level of detail. You have taken a game which does not always follow logic when having you complete events, puzzles, or side quests and have made it flow as a story. For example, many people (myself included) tend to write exploring a temple as a more straight forward venture, with the absence of a sorcerer's ring or any unusual puzzles. But you have a real talent for integrating the gameplay with storytelling. I find myself believing that the sorcerer's ring could actually effect the dungeons-something I found cheesy in the games. You, however, make it work. And I am thoroughly impressed by that. Thanks for writing this wonderful, detailed story, and now that I'm caught up, I'll be looking forward to more chapters!
EvanderAdvent chapter 36 . 11/5/2015
I'm SO looking forward to the groups confrontation with Kvar! You've been building this up to be something that's much more significant and epic than it was in the game.
EvanderAdvent chapter 20 . 11/5/2015
I also agree that Dorr didn't give the book away on purpose. I think it's because he never expected ANYONE to be so brazen as to pretend to be the Chosen. To him the idea is so inconceivable that the thought of it ever actually happening never crossed his mind.
EvanderAdvent chapter 15 . 11/5/2015
When I read this I can't help but think of one of the best episodes from Samurai Jack. When he's drawn to the stone warrior so that he may be slain in battle and ascend to Valhalla. The way you depicted the Sword Dancer makes me think of the stone warrior.
Chocobo Scribe chapter 35 . 10/23/2015
Is it strange that I read this chapter while having the Indians Jones theme playing?
Chocobo Scribe chapter 34 . 10/19/2015
Hurrah! A new chapter! And the countdown to Kvar's impending impalement begins!

Nice work touching on what happened to Anna's family, looking back on the game now I did wonder why no one in Luin at least approached Lloyd with a "Hey you look an awful lot like Anna who used to live here, are you related to her?" and it explains the lack of spoilertastic grandparents. Can you imagine how the story would have gone if the crew had bumped into Anna's parents in Luin?
Guest chapter 34 . 10/18/2015
EEEEEE kvars arc comes ever closer! Wonderful work thus far! Some spelling errors but nothing too terrible. I'm excited for the upcoming events!
Himdall chapter 32 . 9/9/2015
When I have started to read your story, I couldn't stop until this last chapter (even if it's really late here!)
I love your project and your idea! It's a very bold challenge and I hope you will be able to succeed it! :D

I don't see any out of characters, and I love the way you describe Kratos. It's very authentic!

As a great fan of the Grand Cardinals, I really enjoyed the Palmacosta's arc and especially the fight with Magnius! That was really an epic part!

So, I'm waiting for the next chapter with a lot of impatience! :)
Trigunskitty chapter 30 . 6/5/2015
Long time, no review! :( I hope everything is going well with you HeroR! :) I was having a bad start to the weekend, and your recent chapter made it instantly better! While it was late, I like to think it was destined to come out today. :) it's always good to read your stories/recent updates! I'm looking forward to your next chapters! kvar is coming up, I can feel it! Lol :)
-TK
lloyd-forever chapter 29 . 5/25/2015
MAGNIUS! There ends an epic Grand Desian Cardinal. Very well done. I read this while I was away in Toronto for the weekend and this was perfect to read before going to sleep, I enjoyed it so much. I loved when Magnius shut Lloyd down with the topic of Marble. Just so wonderful.

Great work!
Till next time!
L-F
lloyd-forever chapter 28 . 5/16/2015
Ughh I love that conversation Kratos has with Lloyd. Great work! Excited to see the next part with Magnius!

Till next time!
L-F
lloyd-forever chapter 27 . 5/7/2015
Wonderful ~ I think it was this scene that hooked me really badly into this game just because of how dark it is. You really captured Kilia well!