Reviews for Lone Star and Union Jack
Samantha chapter 3 . 1/29
One of the most heartwarming of the bunch - and, consequently, one of my favorites.

I was watching "Monkees A La Carte" this evening, and I noticed Mike and Davy playing tic tac toe a number of times. It kind of made me wonder if they had a history of playing it. Could you do something with that?
GirlishTheMarvelous chapter 18 . 8/24/2013
I love this story collection! It's so sweet, and it's clear that you are a true Monkees fan. :) (It is also extremely clear that you are a Whovian. Nice references!) Keep updating, please!
Cynic Du Jour chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
I know I'm posting this as a review for chapter 1, but it's really intended as a review for them all! You're a really great writer, and like another reviewer said, the way you tie in 2 completely different time periods is really clever. Like, how one of them will do something for the other, and it gets returned later. That's abso-freaking-lutely fantastic.

Also, round of applause for characterization. You really have down Mike and Davy, and all their mannerisms, moods and such. Plus, you're not butchering Brit Speak or the Texan Drawl- which takes some skills. I've seen a lot of fics over or under-do the accents, but you seem to have struck a pleasant balance. It's noticeable that they're speaking differently from one another and the rest of the characters, but the sentence structure and slang use doesn't mess with the dialogue flow at all.

You also have Micky and Peter well-written too. Completely believable; I can totally see all of their antics happening. And I also enjoy that you incorporate them without taking away from the main action.

And, finally, I do enjoy how you reference previous chapters and incorporate episode events without making things hard to understand. I love the vignette storytelling that you're using, and the 4 part miniseries in the middle provided a nice touch of suspense. Took you out of the literary rut you were about to fall into, so to speak. I could barely stand to read all the boys leaving one another though! Of course, it all worked out in the end, but still! And anyway, that's the mark of a good writer- getting the readers to emphasize with the characters.

That being said- I'd like to ask you, why exactly does Mike live with his Aunt Kate? You already covered why Davy lives with his grandfather with the business about the 'accident', but I still find myself wondering why Kate would have raised Mike from his youth (like you've made it seem like she has) instead of his parents. And it would also possibly explain why Mike has never made a mention of either biological parent. And what became of Kate's husband, or Davy's grandmother? And since you mentioned Davy's sisters- how about the other Joneses?
CircleSky chapter 8 . 8/7/2013
Pizza bandits! Great!
CircleSky chapter 6 . 8/6/2013
Cute story of how they got together!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Great chapter! I like the characterization!
Omorka chapter 16 . 7/29/2013
Ah, you made me cry, darn you!
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 19 . 7/29/2013
Excellent chapter; standard Crystal Rose of Pollux fare, quality-wise and otherwise-wise.

And I loved the Agatha Christie reference.
MonkeeMidgie chapter 19 . 7/29/2013
hehe...yeah, at least they got through it together, right? I don't think I'd be too anxious to stay there in their circumstances either. That place was very creepy.
PlushChrome chapter 19 . 7/29/2013
Aw, so awesome! I love it, thanks for the update! :D
Guest chapter 13 . 5/17/2013
I was rereading this and, if you're not too busy with 'Somewhere Back in Time' I'd like to make a request :)
I was thinking 'Monkee See, Monkee Die' because of how scared Davy appears clinging to the others, I was just thinking it would make for a good chapter in friendship
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 18 . 3/16/2013
This was absolutely great! I loved seeing another bit with a school aged Davy and ingenius old Mike. Who else would think to use a spare food cart to peruse the infirmary?

And it never ceases to amaze me how you manipulate future events so they relate back to such events. You're an extremely talented writer!
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 17 . 3/16/2013
Wow! I have never seen this episode, but nonetheless, this was a lovely, touching chapter, with shades of humor in just the right places.

And good old self-depricating Mike...
saiken2009 chapter 18 . 3/12/2013
nice chapter. it was cute and had me smiling at the end. thanks for the update, sorry it took me so long to read.
Monkeefan1986 chapter 18 . 3/11/2013
Another wonderful chapter! Thanks!