Reviews for A Village Life
EowynGoldberry chapter 37 . 9/4/2014
I hope they find her quickly. Sorry for the late review, I went on vacation, part of which was in Port Townsend, WA, for a family wedding. It was really pretty out there. I wanted to see Olympia National Park but didn't have time. I want to another time though.
gunandgoth chapter 37 . 8/31/2014
Please let Gibbs find her quickly. She doesn't need anymore harm to come her way! Will she ever be able to walk and play? Update soon.
Kikilia14 chapter 37 . 8/31/2014
Okay- thinking how do you not notice a kid in a wheelchair isn't with you? Maybe Sara needs a cell phone for emergencies?

Love how she's so self sufficient though. That's great.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 37 . 8/31/2014
Oh my gosh, this is so intense. While it's great to see that Sara is so much more independent and better at interacting with other kids, by the end of this chapter, I couldn't even breathe! And I can't imagine what Gibbs and the rest of the team are going through with Sara missing, especially under these circumstances. Update. Soon. Please?
Guest chapter 37 . 8/30/2014
This is one of my favorite fanfictions! Please update soon!
JustBecause2012 chapter 37 . 8/30/2014
Always happy to see this story updated! An interesting chapter; I enjoyed reading about Sarah at camp...and now about the pickle she seems to have gotten herself into!
Amilyn chapter 37 . 8/30/2014
I love this chapter...Sara figuring out other kids, Sara being compassionate, Sara being *awesomely* (and, unfortunately, wrongly) practical and self-sufficient. That kid is awesome.
groovin chapter 37 . 8/30/2014
If you're going to end the chapter with Sara in need of help, you're going to have to update soon (and of course make it all better). Okay?

It's gratifying to see her more self-confident but she still needs to learn not to go off on her own. I can't believe no one from the camp stayed with her and made sure she was alright. I feel for Gibbs and the team. A parent's worst nightmare is a missing child.

Hope you find the time to give us more excellent installments to read soon.
born30 chapter 37 . 8/30/2014
I’m not sure what I did to help you with this chapter, but I’m glad something I said or that came out of my little story proved useful. *hugs* I’m all for motivating others to write amazing NCIS/Tiva stories. And AVL continues to be just that.

The case. Keyman’s father reminded me of those parents of mass killers who are just so sad that their child caused so much suffering in the world. I have no idea where this is all leading, but I’m curious to find out. The only thought that popped into my mind when Abby said 50% DNA match was, of course, an offspring.

The aquarium. These scenes dredged up all sorts of fears for me. I work in a school and I hold my breath every time I take my kids out on the playground, but on a fieldtrip? I am crazy. And my biggest fear is someone going missing or being left behind or being snatched. But regardless, it was handled perfectly. I’ve never properly praised you for how you write from Sara’s POV. She has a distinct view of the world and how things work; it’s very concrete, which is appropriate for her developmental level. That’s why it made sense to her, once she thought everyone abandoned her (I liked the detail about the bus not being there—they usually leave and then come back at the end of the fieldtrip) to head for home. Now we wait to see who can find her—with broken legs? knees?—in that ditch. Will it be Gibbs? Tony and McGee?

Count me as spoiled. I am so accustomed to reading your stories once they’re all finished that I don’t know how to deal with this one-chapter-at-a-time thing. ;) I eagerly await more, but take your time. Breathe, do real life stuff, daydream, and it’ll come.

And know from me there's so much lovelovelove, always.
Sarai chapter 37 . 8/30/2014
Awesome chapter!
torontogirl12 chapter 37 . 8/30/2014
OMG! I hope that Sara will be found soon and that nothing or no one will hurt her. Gibbs,Tony and the team will be going out of their minds until the find her.
girleffect chapter 37 . 8/30/2014
First, I am so proud of how you transformed this and made it work- not just work- sear. Sara wanting to put blankets by "Mommy and Mama and Kelly's graves". Being a brave adventurer. Being like a 'regular' kid, and catching more flies with honey than vinegar. You have her voice down pat, my friend, and it is visceral. I'm really scared- scared about the new leads in the case that have to do with Keyman, and about where Sara fell (mudslide?). I love how confident she is that Daddy will find her, so she doesn't need to be afraid. It shows how confident in his parenting and how properly attached she has become to Gibbs. And I LOVE that "the horsemen are coming, my child" has become a refrain we see used over and over again. Each time it's used it adds more and more weight, more meaning. You have done an amazing job. Brava. Xoxoxoxoxoxo
ChEmMiE chapter 37 . 8/30/2014
You did it! You did it! :D Yay you!

Ooh! Very different indeed!
Sure, it's the same general idea (first part)... but different people, different mood etc!

Field trip to the aquarium, huh? Sara's favorite :P
Good thing Ziva is there to set those people straight, though! And wow. Go Sara! When Levi first started saying she couldn't fish etc, I was worried she'd get all sad and stop liking camp etc... But then it didn't really surprise me how well she tackled it :) Inviting him to join her instead was just perfect!
And his mom being dead... That's an example of what Gibbs told her in the previous chapter – that you cannot see what's going on on the inside.
But those are some very nice people (kids) she's becoming friends with. I love that! :D

Whaaat? They left? WITHOUT Sara? Isn't the bus just parked a different place so she doesn't see it? (or left and will return for them later) Cause I doubt they'd NOT notice her not being with them (with the wheelchair and all)... I mean her friends and the teachers..? o.O
And she wants to go home all on her own, too?... Uh oh!

And yes, of course they were still at the aquarium! But how could they forget her and leave her in the restrooms? Not okay!
And does she know the way home?

I was sooo worried she'd fall down the hill IN her wheelchair.. this is better! She'd likely have gotten much more hurt if the wheelchair had fallen down with her (on top of her)... plus now they might find her wheelchair on the side of the road and know where to look!

But how dare you leave it like that?! NOT okay! And totally okay as well! Hehe

LOVE IT!
(and totally different 'action'/drama this time around...)

UPDATE SOON! You must! Or you know I'll constantly bug you about it! :P
DS2010 chapter 37 . 8/29/2014
OH boy little Sara is going to be in some trouble for taking off like that.
EvelynGrace101 chapter 37 . 8/29/2014
Oh no! Poor baby Sara. Looking forward to the next chapter :)
888 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »