Reviews for A Village Life
Kikilia14 chapter 28 . 2/4/2014
A girl! I loved Tony's reaction to having a daughter.

I also thought Sara's tantrum was a good edition and I'm looking forward to the sleep over.

Another well written, thought out chapter, as always.

Kik
Talldi chapter 28 . 2/4/2014
Lovely! It seems things are going forward nicley. I am not surprised about the PTSD for sure! She must be beginning to feel very safe to act out like that. Emotions are so difficult for little ones. Gibbs had to be given some time off.. He loves with everything he has and has no limits.
Sarai chapter 28 . 2/4/2014
Swweett!
JustBecause2012 chapter 28 . 2/4/2014
Always such a treat to see one of your stories updated! I really enjoyed this chapter, and its glimpse into Tony and Ziva's feelings about their coming baby. Thanks for writing!
ChEmMiE chapter 28 . 2/4/2014
Yay! A girl! :D I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but for some reason I just see them with a girl.. I can't imagine them with a son (I have no idea why, though!)

Love how Tony cannot be assured enough that nothing is wrong and there's nothing broken and that 'she' really did make it through that horrible beating just fine!

Wait... didn't Ayelet keep on saying it was a 'she' and that she would be late (just like Tony is now saying)? Or was that in one of the versions that didn't make the cut? (Im pretty sure that scene was from one of the uploaded chapters, though...)

Hmm... Tony 'forgetting'... just like Ziva 'forgot' about Sara's past in the previous chapter... (well, they didn't forget forget).. It is funny, though, and so true at the same time! It is so very easy to forget how different things were! And with everything going on in their lives... I don't blame them for not keeping all those 'dark' memories at the front of their minds (or something)... (and I don't think they'd ever be able to ever move forward if they did... )
HA! Ziva saying they're moving forward! Hadn't gotten there yet when I mentioned it above! :P That's funny...

Well the 'moving in' was settled easily, it seems :D (so far, at least.. hehe)

Okay, so, you may not do that! You may not make references to Tali that we do not understand, since you never mention her! (Okay, so we can guess she was about to say that Eli treated her as a princess... but seeing as we have no idea what that meant or how it affected anyone etc, you cannot make those references without also giving us some insight into understanding them! - especially because I have mentioned lots of times that you needed to include her in some way... you know, since we have gotten so many stories and insights into Ziva's background (but for every one of them it has seemed like Tali didn't exist – in THIS story at least... not the 'Aveilit (forgot how it's spelled)... And I would LOVE to learn about that! You know... their relationship, how Eli's different treatment of them affected Ziva (AND Tali), etc... )
Cause seriously! I think you could think up something really awesome and original and write it amazingly well! So get to it, will ya? :P
(yeah.. that turned very rambly... and I got kinda lost and at the same time didnt explain properly... but I've told you before - although way pre-baby, I think... so you've prob completely forgotten! :D)

Wow... Sara IS upset! But you cannot blame her! Like Ziva said earlier, she has been through so much, and is still going through much more than anyone should! And with the unsurprising PTSD diagnosis and everything?...
I'm with Tony, though... I'd have expected her to want to stay as well... But yeah. Seeing as how Sara thinks she'll be sent away again, she likely DOES need her father at the moment more than anyone else!

So yeah... she'll totally only have one set of parents... but she wont ONLY belong to them! She'll have a great big family – even though none of them are related by blood! :P
(well, I guess she'll still only belong to T and Z.. but you know what I mean :P)

The entire walk/bedroom scene is very nice :)

Aww! Adorable Sar! :D How can you not love her? Hehe
And love how Tony just demands babysitting duty (and totally ignores Gibbs' request to talk to Ziva :P)

Last scene is totally cute, too! :) They'll be amazing parents for sure!

Totally totally loved it! Just not the part of it making me stay up much longer than I shoud've :(
And you totally rock the whole 'writing thing'... but I'm sure you already know that :D

I demand a very quick next update!
Guest chapter 28 . 2/4/2014
So happy its a girl! And they can save the yellow and green for later if they have another baby in a few years.
DS2010 chapter 28 . 2/4/2014
love that Ziva and Tony are having a little girl, though I think they would do just was well with a boy maybe down the road.
girleffect chapter 28 . 2/4/2014
How much do I love this? Sooooo much *spreads arms as wide as the sky and horizon beyond* so awesome. I'm kvelling.

I'm so beyond happy it's a little baby girl, and that they're happy it's a girl, and that they're disagreeing over paint colors and crib bumpers- so utterly them. I can already see that it's going to be difficult for Tony to resist buying stuff for the baby now that he knows it's a girl, even though Ziva will be so mad at him for doing it.

And my poor little Sara, the sweet, fierce buglet. As sad as the PTSD diagnosis is, it will open up more avenues for help and support. We kinda saw that one coming anyways, didn't we.
I really like how you portrayed Sara in this chapter- she's traumatized and fierce and angry and it's not over yet. My heart broke when she thought she was going to be sent back becasue "she knew what the lady was doing" brilliant. I can't wait for her to sleepover. I can't wait for more.

Excellent work. Brava. Xoxoox
julie507 chapter 27 . 1/12/2014
Such a lovely story!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 27 . 1/10/2014
Ziva is right: Sara has definitely used up her share of close calls, and she needs to be done with them. I don't think she's entirely right in her rather harsh critique of Gibbs as a parent, but it's good that she's comfortable talking to him about these things (like public school) and he's willing to listen. Considering how Sara reacted to one friendly little boy, also in a wheelchair, with Ziva there - public school is so not a good choice for her. Even a more accommodating private school will likely be tough. I actually like how demanding she is here, too: it shows that she's now comfortable and secure enough around the team to make demands like this of them. Anyway, once again, a wonderful chapter, and as always, I can't wait for more!
hslacer chapter 27 . 1/8/2014
Was worried Gibbs was going to get his back up but Ziva is right. She would ba a great kid advocate.
lol chapter 27 . 1/5/2014
Thanks for not leaving us in suspense about the fall on the stairs. I'm wondering about Ziva though. "Gibbs is doing a mediocre job of parenting her"? Are the mood swings and sudden nastiness about Gibbs because she is pregnant, scared for Sara, or because the meds are off?
EowynGoldberry chapter 27 . 1/2/2014
I thought it was good. I am glad Gibbs took Ziva's confrontation well and listened. I don't think Sara should be in public school although I know from experience that private school kids are not necessarily a whole lot nicer either...It didn't rise to the level of bullying but it was still mean (I was born with a cleft palate and have a scar on my lip from surgeries and I am hearing impaired).
JustBecause2012 chapter 27 . 1/2/2014
Another excellent and detailed chapter. Ziva certainly was hot under the collar, wasn't she; Gibbs encouraging her toward a career using that seems to make sense. (As does his hint toward Tony and Ziva moving in together, hehe.)
alexindigo chapter 27 . 1/1/2014
I'm so glad Ziva called Gibbs out in his choices. She understands Sarah in a way that no one else does, with their shared history of abuse and neglect. Gibbs suggestion about Ziva doing this as a job sound intriguing. Hope you will expand on that.

Thank you for sharing! Happy 2014! :)

PS: Would appreciate if you could include a glossary at the beginning or end of every chapter since FF has disabled the select and copy feature and I can no longer use Google to search for the meaning of the Hebrew words you use. Thank you.
893 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 .. Last Next »