Reviews for A Village Life
rebecca-in-blue chapter 27 . 1/10/2014
Ziva is right: Sara has definitely used up her share of close calls, and she needs to be done with them. I don't think she's entirely right in her rather harsh critique of Gibbs as a parent, but it's good that she's comfortable talking to him about these things (like public school) and he's willing to listen. Considering how Sara reacted to one friendly little boy, also in a wheelchair, with Ziva there - public school is so not a good choice for her. Even a more accommodating private school will likely be tough. I actually like how demanding she is here, too: it shows that she's now comfortable and secure enough around the team to make demands like this of them. Anyway, once again, a wonderful chapter, and as always, I can't wait for more!
hslacer chapter 27 . 1/8/2014
Was worried Gibbs was going to get his back up but Ziva is right. She would ba a great kid advocate.
lol chapter 27 . 1/5/2014
Thanks for not leaving us in suspense about the fall on the stairs. I'm wondering about Ziva though. "Gibbs is doing a mediocre job of parenting her"? Are the mood swings and sudden nastiness about Gibbs because she is pregnant, scared for Sara, or because the meds are off?
EowynGoldberry chapter 27 . 1/2/2014
I thought it was good. I am glad Gibbs took Ziva's confrontation well and listened. I don't think Sara should be in public school although I know from experience that private school kids are not necessarily a whole lot nicer either...It didn't rise to the level of bullying but it was still mean (I was born with a cleft palate and have a scar on my lip from surgeries and I am hearing impaired).
JustBecause2012 chapter 27 . 1/2/2014
Another excellent and detailed chapter. Ziva certainly was hot under the collar, wasn't she; Gibbs encouraging her toward a career using that seems to make sense. (As does his hint toward Tony and Ziva moving in together, hehe.)
alexindigo chapter 27 . 1/1/2014
I'm so glad Ziva called Gibbs out in his choices. She understands Sarah in a way that no one else does, with their shared history of abuse and neglect. Gibbs suggestion about Ziva doing this as a job sound intriguing. Hope you will expand on that.

Thank you for sharing! Happy 2014! :)

PS: Would appreciate if you could include a glossary at the beginning or end of every chapter since FF has disabled the select and copy feature and I can no longer use Google to search for the meaning of the Hebrew words you use. Thank you.
Amilyn chapter 27 . 1/1/2014
This is FANTASTIC. Ziva taking the reins, Gibbs comfortably saying, "Okay, what are we doing, then?" Ziva hearing-as she needed to-that Sara needs to be given space to do and fall, and that Gibbs will catch. Gibbs hearing-as he needed to-that there are resources for his kid and that someone has found them. Ziva starting to find a niche; what a great child advocate she will be! For families and kids and finding resources and hooking people up with connections that will help them all. Excellent. "Don't waste good." No, indeed. I LOVE that they are a family UNIT, and never more clearly than in this chapter. Gorgeous. And Sara telling Ziva how little she'd been allowed to do, how little she'd been recognized for anything GOOD, and Sara doing well with the task...and then telling Ziva she'll be a good mom...oh, lovely throughout. Thank you!
intimidating chapter 27 . 1/1/2014
WOW! Glad Sara is going to be alright. Im glad that Ziva and Gibbs was able to discuss what was best for Sara... Ziva working with kids sounds great too!
ginnyl chapter 27 . 1/1/2014
I am enjoying this series. I know Ziva doesn't like public school but most private school will not take special needs kids without a huge tution. And most public schools have better programs.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 26 . 1/1/2014
I didn't have time to review this chapter until now, and honestly, I don't mind, because what better story to be my first review of 2014? The family's present-opening scene is just precious. I love how they all managed to find the perfect gifts for each other. Ziva is definitely right that public school is not a good choice for Sara. I'm kinda surprised at Gibbs for not realizing this.

HA! Tony thinks he won't get tired of matzah! Just you wait, Tony. I still feel sick of matzah for months after Passover.

Oh no, a fall down the stairs! An ambulance! I'm very concerned for Sara in the short term and Ziva and her baby in the long term... but fortunately for me, it looks like you just posted the next chapter! What a perfect New Year's present!
Sunnyside2 chapter 27 . 1/1/2014
Did I forget to leave a review? I suck. Sorry! I know I PMed you. But anyways. Soo glad Gibbs is finally out of denial and took Ziva's confrontation so well. It's all out of love for Sara. And if no one can agree on anything, at least there's this. I'm happy Ziva's pregnancy is going well. Can't wait to read more about her and Tony's journey to parenthood.
torontogirl12 chapter 27 . 1/1/2014
I might be in the minority here but I think that Ziva needs to show more respect to Gibbs. He loves that little girl and would never let anyone or anything hurt her on purpose. Ziva needs to back off a little.
Terry Gibbs chapter 27 . 1/1/2014
Yikes! Poor Sara. Glad Ziva is sticking up for her and that Gibbs understands where Ziva is coming from. Can't wait for more!
Zivarocks44 chapter 27 . 1/1/2014
I'm so amazed by your writing, it just gets better and better if that's even possible.
WOW it was a treat to have two chapters so close to each other, I can only imagine how busy you must be with the new one!
I'm happy that Ziva is taking the pregnancy so 'seriously' and the little conflict she has with Gibbs' way of parenting is very interesting. I really hope Ziva gets to have the baby bc things have been a bitch to her and poor Tony lately. Poor poor Sara, I LOVED the scene between her and Ziva in this latest chapter, I can feel both of their pain as I know exactly how it's like to be raised like that; I'm still going through it. You are portraying it so perfectly, it absolutely takes my breath away!
I can't wait to see what's next with Sara and Ziva's pregnancy! when are you planning on updating? All I know is that any of your writing is worth the time in the world!
Guest chapter 27 . 1/1/2014
Social worker Ziva. I can totally see it. It such a difficult career but can be very rewarding. She'd be great at it. I worry about how emotionally draining it would be. Glad Sara is ok!
884 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 .. Last Next »