Reviews for A Village Life
fantastic chapter!
EowynGoldberry chapter 42 . 2/20
I enjoyed it.
CountessCora chapter 42 . 2/20
Great chapter! I just love how Gibbs and Sara interact. You're a brilliant writer. :)
Someoneslove chapter 15 . 2/8
You rock
ChEmMiE chapter 41 . 2/6
Ooh! Weekend getaway! That'll be nice! :) They need that!

I love the 'they'll always need you'! That's exactly what I thought when I read the line before that, before Ayelet said it! Hehe
I also love how your chapters are never just sweet/happy or dark and heavy etc... There's always a balance – like here, with the brief flashback sequence followed by their even briefer banter and Ziva being all cute walking around and talking with Maya.

Uh oh... panic attack? Poor Z :( Really like her conversation with Dr. Loeb, though! And the thing with feeling connected with Sara and wanting to be there and worrying she isn't getting what she needs etc? Sooo good! (and spot on! Hehe).. I've been missing that special Ziva/Sara connection! I know it hasnt disappeared... but we also haven't seen it as much lately.
And oooh! So glad she called Gibbs and insisted on coming to the hospital!

So obviously I loved it! hehe... soooo good! Can't wait for the next chapter :P
Sue Dooley chapter 41 . 1/30
Terrific!
Amy Hamato chapter 41 . 2/1
Precious. Poor Sara. Hope to see more of her soon!
Reader chapter 41 . 1/30
Thank you. Thank you so much.
groovin chapter 41 . 1/30
Always a welcome surprise when I see a new chapter from you. Amazing how in the middle of heartbreaking news about Sara and Ziva's delicate state, you manage to make me smile. Hopefully both our girls will ride a good luck wave soon.
born30 chapter 41 . 1/30
As usual, I am amazed at your ability to convey so much with so little effort (or so you make it seem-I know full well that all writing comes from hard work, but you don't see any of it in your work). I am often struck mute after reading this story because I don't want my own thoughts to interrupt; I just want to escape into this world you've created.

Trapeze is an apt title for this chapter. You had me fascinated with Ziva's panic attack and her struggle to find ways to cope with her anxiety/stress. 'Chronic' is another word that resonated in my chest while reading. I think some of her stress, brought to the surface by writing Sara's BIP and Maya's deceptively short crying jag, has to do with the fear that she will carry some of her emotional scares/psychical aliments around for life. And maybe she will, maybe some she will overcome. I just liked how you mirrored the accommodations for Sara with the fact that Ziva doesn't have any for herself, though she has suffered as well.

And let's not forget that Ziva is a new mother. I know you can write with first-hand experience where that is concerned. Though she is a good mom and the job brings her joy, there's a certain amount of anxiety that comes with taking care of/being responsible for another human being. You just never stop worrying.

It's understandable, then, that she needs to do some "self-care." I love that part of that is marrying Tony. For a woman who didn't want to live with him if she didn't have a ring on her finger, she sure has put off the wedding. ;) I'm kidding, of course. There have been many obstacles, and a shot-gun wedding isn't really their style. ;) I know that will be a special moment for Tony and Ziva, and for us readers, when the time comes.

It was lovely to wake up to your beautiful story-telling talent! I thought about this chapter all throughout the work day. Hope you & the family are happy, healthy, and well! *hugs*
DS2010 chapter 41 . 1/30
Glad Ziva's doctor told her to start caring for herself, she needs it.
Glad that Tony and Ziva set a date to be married.
girleffect chapter 41 . 1/30
I am stunned. Astounded. This chapter blew me away. What a return, even if it's limited time only, because boy are you busy. I am standing up and applauding yelling, encore, encore, btw.

I love that Ziva has been working tirelessly on making sure all the paperwork is done so that Sara will have everything she needs. It's hard, mind numbing at times, sad, grueling work. I love that Ziva knows she has to delegate, and is going to take the weekend off with Tony and Maya. She- they all- deserve the hell out of a vacation. I loved how Doda Ayla came in to say goodbye before leaving for Oregon. It reminded me so much of how my own mother does that- kisses and soft encouragement. So tender and true. Ayla is right- they will always need her, just in a different way.

When Tony said " I wasn't sure if I'd be bringing minute steaks to the hospital or picking out a suit to wear to Sara's funeral," I gasped. So vivid. It was so close, again, and that would have been pain no one could have imagined. I love that he pulls her out of her panic, always, And this time with Paris.

I also loved (and felt for Ziva) when Maya was fussing and then she had a panic attack, however brief. And that she called Dr. Loeb. (also how the lullaby is a reoccurring theme and that was what calmed Maya finally? Brilliant.) It hurt when Ziva said she has felt unattractive, but it was handled the right way. It hurts but it makes sense. I also love that Dr. Loeb encouraged Ziva to get out in the world.

What really struck me was Ziva's outburst when she felt that Dr. Loeb was speaking as if she was Sara's mother. I have even felt at times, perhaps in my own head, that ZIva is Sara's mother figure. But she's not her mother- they are connected- soul sisters, perhaps, and at times maybe she is the mother figure, or the adult woman she will lean on and look up to, but there is that distinction, and it is an important one.

Poor Sara. I am so sorry she is so sick, and in so much pain. It hurts my heart. But like Ziva said, I know she will be ok eventually. There are so many people pulling for the bug.

An October wedding. Perfect.

Also- Finally even- yes.

Mecha, this was amazing. I am proud of you, proud of it, and so happy to be able to have it as a part of my life. Brava. xoooxoxoxo forever
Sarai chapter 41 . 1/30
Sweet chapter.
torontogirl12 chapter 41 . 1/30
Happy that they are going somewhere for a vacation. Hope they have a carefree one.
842 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »