Reviews for A Village Life
Kikilia14 chapter 44 . 6/29/2015
Wonderful
ChEmMiE chapter 44 . 6/28/2015
Yaaay! Update! :D
Although you have NO IDEA how sad it makes me to read that this is nearing the end :( ‘Knowing’ that just isn’t the same as seeing it written in the beginning on the chapter.. makes it much more official! Evil!
(But at least you know I’ll NEVER let you abandon it completely! :P – Expect constant spam of ideas for follow up storylines etc ALL summer! Hehe)

Oooh… the Gibbs/Ziva conversation in the kitchen – you DO realize you’re setting yourself up for a storyline in which Gibbs gets hurt and Ziva and Tony will have to take in Sara temporarily (weeks? Months?)…
Gosh! Now I really wanna read that! :D
But yeah, I agree – Ziva will definitely have to take her if something happens to Gibbs! She did after all already discuss with Tony how they should’ve taken her instead of Gibbs! Hehe.. And I doubt anyone will ever understand Sara as well as Ziva does!

Aww… She’s nervous about Ziva being there? :( Makes sense though, since she probably suspects ZIva already knows about her bite mark - and I can imagine she wants to be ‘good’ for her just like she wants to be good for Gibbs.

I’m confused about Ziva’s comment, though – the ‘how do you love her without pity’… cause lately it is as if their special connection has disappeared somewhat, and this just adds to that! Does she not love Sara unconditionally as well? I thought she DID! (Im not saying she doesn’t care at all! Cause she very obviously DOES – A lot! but it just seems different somehow)…
And the ‘without pity’ part? Ziva herself has been through some similar things… I would think she of all people would understand the ‘without pity)… or maybe the fact that she HAS been through similar things just makes it harder instead…
BLEH! Ignore me.. I cannot explain what I mean properly! Hehe – nothing new there!

Yes! Finally! I have been waiting for YEARS for you to bring Tali (and Ari) into this story)! With all the the background story etc, this has been missing! Thank you for finally adding it! You know how much I’ve always wanted to see how they (Tali especially) fit in to Ziva’s childhood and the background you’ve created! :D
I would still like more of that, but for now I am happy with THIS! ;) hehe

Awww! I love that Sara is talking about having two families and seeming fine with that :) And she seems to be in a much better mood as well! And it is so great that she is talking about her broken bones etc as if it is just natural! :D
And their entire conversation – I LOVE IT! There was some of that Ziva/Sara bonding I missed! :D

A village life, huh? Did you have that in mind for the ending this entire time? WOuldn’t surprise me if you DID! Hehe

But… swimming pool? o.O

Well… YAY! I loved it! Obviously! Is anything else even possible?
I’d like to say I can’t wait for the next chapter but… I kinda DON’T want the next chapter! I don’t want to see this story end :(
I know, more will come… But with everything else you have planned? I have a feeling it’ll be a while… :(
Wonderful story
girleffect chapter 44 . 6/27/2015
My heart is both heavy and light at the same time- on the one hand, I am sad to see this come to a close, but I know it needs to be done, and in what a beautiful way it is happening. This chapter was a stunning display of everything that has made this story so powerful and meaningful to so many- the detail, the careful attention paid to every aspect of each person that makes them three dimensional and so, so real. The way you acknowledge that the hurts don't just leave us because we've found our village (my heart broke for Sara re: her flashback). I also love that Gibbs was reading Sara The Keeping Quilt-a favorite of mine, and so appropriate in this context. I love how Ziva is able to equate just how much Gibbs loves Sara unconditionally and with every fiber of his being to how she loves Maya the same way.

The scene between Tony and Ziva made my heart full- I felt their connection, their love, everything. I love that Tony wants Maya to have a sibling, and I love that they were able to talk about, really truly talk about Tali, how maybe she could save her but she can and did save Sara, and how they could talk about the pain of Tali being gone, the pain of a childhood thinking that if just maybe she could be more like her, the pain of not being able to share the joyous parts of Ziva's life with her. And speaking of joy, perhaps my favorite part was that they were able to fully express just how much they love each other and how much they mean to one another. It brought tears to my eyes, but happy ones. This did me in: "I love you, he said. It was a fact. It is raining. The news is on. I love you."

And, as always, coming back to the unshakeable and unbreakable bond between Sara and Ziva. I love how they fit together like pieces of a puzzle and, in turn, make the story fit together that way too. I love their talk of lineage, of "normal", and how even though they may be a little different from others, they are like one another.

There is so much more to say and so much more praise to give about how this village is a part of me now, how much it has meant to me, but I'll save that for the epilogue. For now, I just want to say thank you, and give xoxoxox's forever. Brava.
groovin chapter 44 . 6/26/2015
Bittersweet - always a pleasure seeing a new chapter, sad it is ending.

I've always loved the relationship between Ziva and Sara, their similarities, their strong cosmic bond. It was a beautiful way to end this story. IMO it was the heart and soul of the journey.

Looking forward to the epilogue.
born30 chapter 44 . 6/26/2015
I am very emotional writing this review-it's not the last one for this story, technically, but it feels like the end. The end of something more than a fic. It's been a series. A family history, tracing ancestry. A chronicle of pain and healing, and the bonds we make with each other-traditional or unconventional-in times of suffering, and in times of joy.

The last few lines got to me the most, the moment between Ziva and Sara, due to the connection you'd made about Sara and Tali (which ripped my heart out and to shreds). I don't know how or when I'll recover-from any of this. I feel so much, so so much. I might never be over it, but for what it was-all it was-I am grateful.

Thank you. Todah. :) *hugs*
torontogirl12 chapter 44 . 6/26/2015
Thank you so much for this wonderful story. I hope you enjoy your break and don't worry, we will still be here waiting when you chose to return.
DS2010 chapter 44 . 6/26/2015
I liked the talk with Tony and Ziva about Tali she rarely if ever talks about her, nice when she does.
I like Tony's analogy that Sara is her Tali because she was able to save her.
Guest chapter 44 . 6/26/2015
Very exciting to be able to read another chapter of this fabulous story. I am of course sad to hear it's coming to an end, but I have no doubt that your future stories will be just as wonderful as this one is, you have a fantastic way of writing the characters :)
Guest chapter 44 . 6/26/2015
We like being with you too. And you have been desperately missed, but I'm so very glad to have this update. I will be here for any story you wish to share.
Shalom
Guest chapter 43 . 6/25/2015
Hope you can update soon...waiting for more adventures in Sara's life! (Actually, maybe a semi-calm life, with fewer adventures.)
Sarai chapter 44 . 6/26/2015
I like it. Cannot wait for the epalog.
Cleavage Queen chapter 44 . 6/26/2015
beautiful.
makes me happy to see a new chapter
Sunnyside2 chapter 44 . 6/26/2015
I'm soooooooo sad this story is over:-((((((. Destroyed actually. I'm gonna miss it so much! It's one of my faves to reread.

That said this was a perfect chapter. I loved how you tied the pieces. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us. Xoxo
ancilladominijc chapter 44 . 6/26/2015
This was such an AWESOME chapter! Thanks for updating! Can't wait for more! Thank you!
892 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »