Reviews for A Village Life
Someoneslove chapter 25 . 6/4/2015
So in a nutshell , Gibbs is saying to Ziva: "Mine and Sara's way or the highway." I know I say this a lot, but your writing is sooo good. I can't stop reading . I keep saying each chapter is the last I will read for the night but I can't stop.
Someoneslove chapter 20 . 6/4/2015
I wish Ayelet would not have gone into the living room when Tony and Ziva were having a moment to themselves . Sometimes she smothers Ziva and doesn't give them moments to themselves . Tony works and she has her times with Ziva that don't invo
born30 chapter 43 . 3/29/2015
Every review I write for you starts with an apology, but it is warranted. Life gets me all turned around and sometimes frozen. And I'm the worst at keeping up with fanfiction; ask anyone. But the one beautiful gift in so much time passing is that I read this chapter again and it only gained more resonance, as all your work does for me.

I must confess that your author note threw me for a loop-before I read that you will still be writing. I've told you before that your stories have often come to me in difficult times and thus have meant more to me than just stories. Foundling and AVL both have been anchors and I will miss this universe dearly when it is complete.

My favorite part of this chapter was Ayla teaching Sara the aleph-bet. I said all the letters out loud with Sara and felt like I learned along with her. That Ayla was a teacher about broke my heart (if that was already revealed, I had erroneously forgotten). Starting over is hard.

Though I will be inconsolable when it's over, I am filled with so much gratitude (for your talent and your willingness to share it) and hope-for the beautiful, fitting close this story and its characters will reach in your capable hands.

*hugs forever*
rebecca-in-blue chapter 43 . 3/22/2015
Wow, three years. I cannot imagine carrying a story for that long. March 15, 2012, was the day I lost a beloved family member, so all that day, I was thinking about him and how it'd been three years, and then I saw this update. Sara and Gibbs and the whole team have grown and changed so much. We all have, I guess. For me, three years was two moves and two jobs ago. Should I take it that this is the last chapter? I will be sad to see it end, but I also look forward to new stories from you - when you can find the time to post them, of course. :)

One tiny thing, though - when Sara says the first part of the alephbet all at once, where is lamed?
ChEmMiE chapter 43 . 3/20/2015
Yikes... nightmare! :( Very... crazy nightmare! (Where do you even get the imagination/creativity for these dreams?!)

I don't think I like the nurse. She might be meaning well, but... saying something like “Can't believe your dad does this every day.”... :/
Yeah, sure, it isn't meant in a bad way... but it could be understood like that! hehe

I love them teaching her hebrew! Sara is so smart and good at learning. Not a lot of people would be able to learn that much in one go.
And that game! Perfect! So good for Sara (making her feel better and happy and everything)!

Dnag it... this really DOES feel like the end is getting close... Gibbs being happy, Ziva all content and lking where she is, Ayelet ready to leave/go back because things are getting 'good' again (all things considered).. :(
You know I'll never be okay with this story ending for good! hehe

Totally, completely loved it! This chapter was so well written! (they all are... but some just flow so nicely, or something) :D
ChEmMiE chapter 42 . 3/20/2015
Yay! Self-care time! :)
I love Tony in daddy mode, here.. And the tailing the dad and 2 sons... Suddenly he 'connects' with other dads, huh? Hehe

I already mentioned this, but I really do love that you have Gibbs acknowledge (and tell Sara) that she was following his instructions and not doing anything wrong!
Love this scene, though. So sweet!

Completely random! But dress code rules... crazy! Hehe... (yeah... we dont have those here)

Aww... Poor Sara.. Feeling all sad and insecure :( Tony handled that very well, though. Seemed to really get through to her even though he technically didn't do/say all that much.

Absolutely loved it! Obviously! How could I not? Hehe :)
girleffect chapter 43 . 3/18/2015
Of course I'll never be truly ready to see this come to a close, but all good things must come to an end, yes? And good doesn't even begin to cut it, especially here in this chapter. Sara's nightmare where she lost her feet- and the fact that in a way, at least in her understanding, she sort of has in real life. But Daddy's always there to catch, and I love that.

I feel terribly Sara is still so sick- I hope she's in better shape by the time school starts. And I love that she is so excited about it, and so insistent to remember that it is "Jewish School". I am so glad she will be holding on to her mother's memory that way, and also supporting her new future with that community.

"Could not fix. Not fix. Not fixed." My heart broke a little for Sara again there. I know why that resonated with her so, and it is such a powerful and indicative reminder to the reader of the place she comes from, but that doesn't make it any easier.

I love that Ziva and Ayla start working on Hebrew letters with her- I love that Sara catches on so quickly and is so eager, desperate even, to learn. I loved how Ayla worked and worked with her, and how Doda felt that everyone "from everywhere" was smiling at them. What a powerful image. And I love that now Sara can spell her name in Hebrew. Although- question, but it might be silly- has Ziva always pronounced 'Sara' with the first A "flat like a pancake" as you described (super clever by the way). I also love how Gibbs acknowledges what a good teacher she is, and that they talk about how wonderful it is that Ziva and Tony are getting married- about what a good man he is.

I love that Sara calls Doda Ayla to thank her and to tell her she loves her. That she says "It's Sara Cohen-Gibbs". And I love love love, as always, the reoccurring theme and use of "laila Laila".

I am so proud. So astounded. I love this chapter, this story, these characters, so much. You have done an incredible job here. Never ever worry about the wait between chapters- you're doing a pretty darn awesome job for someone with 2 under 2 if you ask me. And you can ask me, people.
XOXOXOXO and Brava forever. Looking forward to more.
CrimeShowShipper chapter 43 . 3/17/2015
This was a wonderful chapter. You're writing allows me to feel what Sara was feeling as well as Ziva during their difficulties.
ancilladominijc chapter 43 . 3/16/2015
Wow. Loved the chapter. What happened w/ Sara's back hurting and needing to be suctioned? Is it because of the spinal cord injury?
hejo.12 chapter 43 . 3/16/2015
Another great chapter. I loved reading about Sara feeling the sense of accomplishment after learning all the letters, so heartwarming. And I loved her interaction with Ayelet and Ziva. Always happy to read another chapter of this story!
EvelynGrace101 chapter 43 . 3/16/2015
I can't believe it's been so long! And of course I'm sad to think of the nearing end to this beautiful story, but I'm excited to see more from you as well :)
(Also, I can't imagine finding the time to write fanfiction with two little people running around, but know that we appreciate every chapter!)
jae-vous chapter 43 . 3/15/2015
Oh, mecha. Your writing is so lovely.
Sunnyside2 chapter 43 . 3/15/2015
I'm not ready for this to end! Im deep in denial and will remain there for as long as I can. Love this story so much! But also glad to hear that you'll continue to write. And for the love of God ignore those people complaining. You have so much on your plate, I'm glad your writing at all, even if it's months between updates. Your family is priority as it should be.

That said, wonderful update. Glad little Sara is making progress. Little cupcake still has a long way to go. Also great to see Tony and Ziva taking those steps forward. Don't wanna see Romi and Ayla leave though:-(
Kikilia14 chapter 43 . 3/15/2015
Another wonderful update. I will be sorry to see Sara go, but look forward to more.
JustBecause2012 chapter 43 . 3/15/2015
Always lovely to see this story updated. I too will be sorry to see it end. You've created such a rich, well-developed world in this story (in all of your stories!). I'm glad you've got new story ideas for when this one ends!
889 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »