Reviews for A Village Life
Amy Hamato chapter 40 . 11/14/2014
aww. can't wait for more, this is one of the best fanfics I have ever read
ChEmMiE chapter 39 . 11/6/2014
Exams are done.. meaning time to read VL (finally)! :D

Hey, you kept it! Most of it, at least... (the tiny A/Z conversation got cut short :( I liked that!)
I do love that we get some insight into Ayelet's past, though.
And ooh... bringing up his affair with Rivka o.O

OMG! Sara's story..? Too cute! :D

I like new hospital scene! Gibbs isn't very talkative, but you can't really blame him (with everything going on with Sara etc... and hearing more about little girls being beaten and injured and permanently damaged is probably the last thing he wants :/)

Okay, I totally forgive you for cutting that original (already short) conversation short... cause the whole last part was like really awesome!
(And yes I'm with Ziva... Ayelet's mixing her up with Sara! Hehe)

LOVED IT! Perfect way to celebrate the end of exams :P
Can't wait for the next chapter.. need to see how Sara's doing, after all!
Sunnyside2 chapter 39 . 11/5/2014
This was such a beautiful and painful chapter. Fat baby Maya lol. Ugh she sounds beyond gorgeous. Hearing that she's a good mother must do Ziva good. I hope so. I hope she believes it. The conversation between Ayla and Romi hurt. :-( but it sounded like one a long time coming. And for both their sake I hope he does make it a point to show he loves her. She stood by him when many wouldn't have. And she loved/loves Ziva like her own. That's a gift for all of them. The conversation between Ayla and Ziva was needed too. And I see some progress. Maybe Ziva feels torn about calling Ayla ima yet (and I hope she will do more of it) but she's telling her she loves her and doesn't want them to go. Progress. I love it.

One request: more daddy Tony and baby Maya scenes? And Maya is now 6 weeks? 2 months? A month? Lol. Just a little clarification please? I'm gonna go reread for like the 5th time in case I missed it ;-)
ncrowell97 chapter 1 . 11/4/2014
Great Story!
jae-vous chapter 39 . 11/3/2014
what a lovely update to begin the week.
always a pleasure.
born30 chapter 39 . 11/3/2014
I don't even know what to say anymore for this story, especially when you write chapters like this. I stagger at and I envy (yes, envy) your ability to infuse these characters with so much life. Not just mannerisms and realistic dialogue, but breath and memory. And you do it in so few words. You're a deft writer; conscientious and open and daring, too. I know this story will have to end at some point, but it's imprinted on me now. I reread parts of it often. Foundling as well. This series doesn't have to be bound in hardcovers to be permanent fixtures on my nightstand, close at hand, my choice above anything else, old or new.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 39 . 11/3/2014
Do you know what happens when you update on a Friday? I spend the evening service trying to covertly hide my phone inside my siddur so I can read your story instead of the prayers! Oy. But I'm still so happy with this new chapter. Curious to see if Ziva's migraine is something worse.
mon-petit-pois chapter 39 . 11/2/2014
Oh god, this chapter KILLED me. In a great way, of course, but still. I love the whole Ziva and Ayelet thing. All Ziva wanted was someone to love and protect her, and all Ayla wanted was to love and protect Ziva, and it's so awfully tragic that that never was able to happen. But I'm glad it is happening now. Also I love the insight into how Ayla feels, especially when it comes to Romi, his actions, and her jealousy of his biological connection with Ziva.

It was also very interesting when you talked about Ziva's feeling of guilt after she addresses Ayla as Ima. We know so little about her relationship with her mother (both in this fic and in canon) that it kind of adds this element of mystery. I don't know if you're going to have this be something they work past or if it's simply the way it will always be for them, but still I love this dynamic. The line about Ziva saying she knows Ayelet should go but that she doesn't want her to... It's heartbreaking. It's a revelation that she still is recovering from what Eli did to her, because that was how she acted and felt back when she was still recovering physically.

Also- the dream. I love how you have the dreams mean something. Often in Fics we tend to make dreams a direct recounting of actual events (mostly in PTSD Somalia Fics) rather than the abstract, often nonsensical devices they actually are. That takes creativity and metaphorical insight which you definitely possess. It's so interesting to see what Ayla's subconscious is doing with this whole situation. Interesting and very telling.

Anyhow this was fantastic and I am having many emotions. I'm going to press post review now and then the back arrow to go reread this chapter.

Allison
groovin chapter 39 . 11/2/2014
You write such truthful emotions, I also love the imagery you provide.

I hope Sara's luck starts heading on a long streak of good fortune.
Kikilia14 chapter 39 . 11/1/2014
Another wonderful update.
zcjjtq chapter 39 . 11/1/2014
Hello! I was so happy to see an update! Just love reading your work! You have such talent please keep up the great work! :)

Patiently waiting for another update ;)
Monique
DS2010 chapter 39 . 10/31/2014
I love Ayelet what a strong woman she is.
Sarai chapter 39 . 10/31/2014
Sweet!
shoppingnull chapter 39 . 10/31/2014
I hope that all goes well with Sara It seems that Ziva takes one step forward only to seem to take another backwards. I hope that Ziva sees that her life is getting better. Hope that Romi and Ayelet remember what is important. Family!

I enjoyed "Wildpeace" by Yehuda Amichai.
EvelynGrace101 chapter 39 . 10/31/2014
I am so happy to have more of this wonderful story to read, and I look forward to the next chapter :)
818 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »