Reviews for Dark Tomorrow: A Power Rangers Novel
SentinelPrimeKnightOfCybertron chapter 17 . 10/24/2015
Awesome story! Great examination of the Power Rangers concept and the characters. I enjoyed your interpretation of Jason, as an idealist frustrated by the realities of the world. Great look at Hayley as well and her relationship with Tommy. Nice use of Tommy Oliver as a man driven by a desperate need to live up to Zordon. I see you pulled some concepts from the purposed Hexagon storyline as well. You certainly know your Power Rangers.
Guest chapter 17 . 8/9/2015
A well done novel
NightWatcher666 chapter 17 . 8/30/2012
This was quite a great story. The emotional battles some of them had to fight were nearly as compelling as the final battle itself.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 17 . 6/17/2012
The start was dramatic, and subsequent developments were exceptionally interesting; congratulations.

The idea of Dex’s attempt to become Earth’s ambassador to other worlds was interesting on his own even without the prejudice he faced- I saw a few episodes of ‘Masked Rider’ but it’s surprisingly rare to see anything about it now-, and subsequent developments as Tommy bemoans the state of some of the modern Rangers was an interesting metafictional reflection on the quality of the series (Although I still think that he was a bit hasty to judge Jack based on the sight of one battle; as I recall, Jack improved once he established his role in the team).

Still, that question aside, Tommy’s attempt to change the future he’s witnessed certainly makes sense as you explore his increased dissatisfaction with the world around him after he gave up so much to protect it, to say nothing of your fascinating exploration of the real-world implications of the desire for Ranger technology beyond the Lightspeed and Overdrive ‘strike teams’ assembling to defeat the immediate threat becoming an arms race after the Countdown created international concerns about America’s alien contacts.

The Conner/Kira fan in me would have preferred them to be a couple rather than Kira and Trent- and I think Tommy was closer to Conner as a Ranger than Kira given his comments about seeing himself at that age in Conner-, but in general the tension between Kira’s ties to ‘professional’ Ranger history versus the more casual attitude of later Rangers seemed to work (Although I will admit that my knowledge of teams post-‘Mystic Force’ is limited), and your later exploration of Jason’s ‘fall’ from team leader to ‘second-in-command’ as the originals ‘grew apart’ from Zordon was surprisingly effective, providing a natural explanation of their distance before the original team broke up and subsequent events such as Jason’s casual arrogance during the Red Rangers’ attack on the Machine Empire, culminating in the revelation about the nature of the ‘Infiltrator’ device (My only real regret is that you didn’t write a story about that; I have a feeling seeing the Rangers fight on a global scale would have been rather interesting to witness).

Still, the return of the Putties and something hunting for the jewels of the Corona Aurora was an intimidating prospect even before you introduced the twist of the villain’s identity, and his motivations were excellent, creating that intriguing combination of a motive you can understand against actions that you cannot condone.

The final battle was excellently described, with combat scenes easily shifting between the soldiers on the ground to the Zords struggling on a larger scale- Q-Rex VS Dragonzord; now THAT would be a sight to behold-, culminating excellently in the drama of the final moments as the Rangers risk everything to avert the destruction caused by what is essentially one of their own.

They might not live in a perfect world, but the Rangers can learned the value of not trying to do everything for themselves, allowing them to find lives beyond the mission no matter how important it might be...

Keep up the great work!
TheDivineDemon chapter 17 . 6/2/2012
Good story. A little depressing a parts but still good. Definitely deserves more reviews than it got.
mafanatic chapter 4 . 5/26/2012
this is great, deep and can really be related to the real world! Fantastic work!
brankel1 chapter 17 . 5/25/2012