Reviews for marinus stiria
Furius chapter 1 . 6/29/2002
Definitely continue this, great concept. I am guessing it is the Silmaril, great concept. The first chapter is quite surprising but I can really realize how it is possible.
Ithilien chapter 3 . 6/26/2002
Pirates! A pirate story? Oh woohoo, what fun! I'm really looking forward to this fic!

Nice portrayal between Aragorn and Arwen. I love that they too can have banter. It shows they are not so besotted in their adoration that they can't have an honest conversation and jest toward one another. Nice dialog.

Bergil is sweet, and I hope we will so a lot more of him in this story. I like that we get to see him as he grows up and takes a role in the King's guard. I can imagine that, being so young, he has a lot of lessons to be learned, and I hope he can learn them without suffering severe consequences.

Legolas is moody. Hmmm. I wonder what the elf knows that he isn't sharing with his friends, but I am sure we will find out soon enough.

Back to the pirates. I do like a good villain when we can get them, and Mortsdil and company seem to be a delicious enough bunch to cast in this role. And now they'll take the loose-tongue of Tegiron to their advantage? Poor guy. Does he know he is fraternizing with pirates? Their methods for "recruiting" other sailors are well known. The sad fisherman had better watch out lest he wants to become a member of their crew. But then, as bereft as he is, does he care? And whatever is happening to Bitaliel, I hope she can get far enough away from these nasties to save her own hide. Perhaps this is why she is running to Minas Tirith?

More, please, more. What a nice style you have. Can't wait to see how this develops.
Hellsfirescythe chapter 2 . 6/12/2002
I love your story, please write more more more! I feel sorry for Muriel
Irena chapter 2 . 6/5/2002
I'm quite keen on this.

Please, longer chapters? I think this is a great, original idea.
Tamsin FlameArrow chapter 2 . 6/5/2002
This is intriguing, to say the least... keep writing!
Ithilien chapter 2 . 6/5/2002
Oh please continue this story. I love canon-based fics and this one seems very fresh and original. History has shown us the Silmarils, beautiful though they were, did not have a great influence on those who tried to hoard them, and I am so curious as to how you intend to make this story work. Your characterization is just amazing, and though this is very short so far, we get a wonderful sense of these people and the horrible tragedy that has befallen them. Sorrowful, with touches of humor (the jest at the horse having Rohan stallion in his blood was a nice jab at the internal workings of the father character's humanity), and now the panicking fear of the mother (what new horror has gripped her that she is fleeing so desperately to Gondor?) this fiction really has me waiting for more. I will do what I can to promote it, but I need to see more of what you are going to do with our main characters before I move this to my Favorites List. So far, I am very pleased and hope you will see this through to completion. Please, do go on with this!
Irena chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
Ohhhh...

I think I'm going to like this one.

Please, continue!
LOTRlover chapter 1 . 6/3/2002
Yes, please continue. This is a very intriguing story idea, and I'd really like to see what you do with it.
Ithilien chapter 1 . 6/3/2002
Oh my, YES! YES! YES! Please continue. This is a very promising beginning and I am enraptured. I have just put this on my bookmarked list and will be coming back for more, I promise. Is this story worth continuing? Let me just ask in answer to this question, where have you been hiding this gem (no pun intended)? Now I must see what else you have done. Hurry, write more!
264 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18