Reviews for marinus stiria
Sunn-Kissed chapter 1 . 6/23/2004
Hey...i reviewed yesterday, but I decided to do one for the first chapter too. It really good...makes you want to keep reading, and with minimul words you somehow conveyed how eveyone is feeling. Amazing.
Sunn-Kissed chapter 18 . 6/22/2004
*gasps for breath* I think you gave me a heart attack at the end of chapter 15... I still feel it after three more chapters.

You had better update soon. There has not been on SINCE JANUARY!

Update, or I will be forced to use drastic measures. *Looks at large pile of 2 by 4's in yard*

Oh...poor,poor Bregil. WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL!

I habe a funny feeling that this sent Bitaliel...further?...off that good old deep end. This could result in must angst for Aragorn. He has enough on his mind. Leave him alone. Or don't.

This is one of the most beautifully written stroies I have EVER read. And I read a lot. I swear, my whole body was asleep when I finished. The only things that had moved for two hours were my eyes and fore finger, clicking at that mouse.

What to know something weird? I said the title of your masterful, excellent, riviting story a bunch of times fast...and it turned into 'marine histeria'I dont' know how you spell it, but that's close enough. lol.

Hey...I might e-mail you sometime with a better review..so delete no mail from Bekki H, if you are so inclined to hear from me.

*Checks time* Holy crap...2 AM. school tomorrow. uh...My parents have disappeared...I'd better make sure they arn't lost in the backyard or something...bye
Enigma Jade chapter 18 . 6/22/2004
::paces:: I think it's time for a new chapter, that I do, little Bergil plushie. . . ::pets the plushy obsessively:: Poor, poor Bergil.

I think I've been on this cliffie long enough, don't you? ::pleads:: Please?
BlueTulip chapter 1 . 5/29/2004
Chilling...very scary. But really good! I havta read the next chapters.

Keep writing!
VValar chapter 18 . 5/22/2004
Before I read this story, I had already finished Out Of The Frying Pan and Into The Fire on Eternal, which I still need to review -curse my laziness!-, and already did you struck me as a very talented and professional writer. I had no idea that it was one of the first stories you wrote (you did, didn’t you? or am I completely mistaken?) But then again I knew the genre was something you were most accustom of writing. To try writing a story of a whole different genre must have been (and still is) challenging and I imagine it also must have been quite difficult. That is why I find it so amusing to see you growing throughout the chapters. Whereas I first did not entirely believe what you were writing, you have made the story so much more believable in the chapters that were to follow, that I now fully and whole-heartily believe everything you write and even got me worrying for the health and well fare of the remaining characters. Which brings me to another point; you really know how to nail them! You have kept them true to the original story, and the sudden twists you put into your work is most entertaining as it is nerve-wracking. Poor Bergil, I really was starting to like them. Furthermore, your plot is very original and I always enjoy reading about the rings. And it isn’t exactly like you get to read a whole great deal about the Silmaril.
Basically I hope to read the rest of the story soon, for I’m beginning to sense the end is near at hand. What will happen? Did Gimli survive? Will they reach them in time? What will become of Aragorn and his guild-trip? Knowing that Bitaliel will probably not be of much help. Or…? And what part do Mortsdil and Morgoth will play out eventually? And what will happen to Legolas? Will he survive his meeting with Morgoth, or will he prevent it from happening?
And what about Eowyn and Eomer?
Therefor hopefully you will find the time to update soon enough. Because I simple hate it when a good story isn’t finished yet and I have to endure endless nights in my bed, fantasizing how exactly the story will end- which won’t do much good for my good night rest.
Good Luck!
balrogthane chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
Definitely worth continuing!
...although you've obviously already decided that. Anyway, brilliant idea, I don't think I've ever read or considered a story where a Silmaril comes back.
-(- - -
kim chapter 10 . 3/25/2004
"crackle" Is this thing on? testing 1,2,3. Attention! Dr. Bryn please come to the UPDATE room, Dr. Bryn please come to the UPDATE room.
sang to Spam by monty python.
UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE,
UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE!
UPTITY-DATE, UPTITY-DATE
get the hint?
your fan,
kim
mickeylover303 chapter 18 . 3/10/2004
First you kill Bergil, then you leave a cliffhanger. That's beyond evil. Anyways, I love your story and can't wait for the next chapter.
Jedi Cosmos chapter 18 . 2/13/2004
Wow, I can't believe I haven't read this fic before! Absolutely brilliant! Characterization, the plot...I can't wait to see what happens. And I also really liked Bergil, sad to see him go. And poor Gimli and Legolas. I'd never have thought of something like this involving the silmarils :D Love it! Update soon :)
Rebecca19 chapter 18 . 2/12/2004
Oh, you evil, EVIL woman! You can't kill Bergil! You can't! I've been lurking til now, but please bring Bergil back. (I know, I know, you can't...but maybe you could at some point write a separate story about him?) I never cry, and yet right now I'm just grateful my roommate isn't here to see me bawling my eyes out at the computer screen. This is the first time any fanfic has ever been able to move me to tears, and as wonderful as this story is, I will never never forgive you for killing off poor Bergil!
Okay. Enough ranting. I really do love this story-the Legolas/Gimli/Aragorn friendship is a favourite of mine. Your portrayals of all your characters are excellent...there are very few authors I know who can build a plot and snappy dialogue while still keeping their characters so wonderfully engaging and true to Tolkien. Please update quickly! That is the only thing that might move me not to come after you with my Sharp Pointy Stick of Wrath for killing my poor Bergil. *sob* (And by the way, I absolutely adored Ulmo's little rant there-he's always been my favourite Vala, and that was just perfect!)
Kim chapter 18 . 1/31/2004
Wow, Bryn! you've done it again! i know how hard it can be to kill off a character. It took me three days to kill off one of mine, and i cried the whole time. it's like losing a good friend. but the rule of thumb is, in an adventure/mystery you need to kill off at least two protaganist characters. (heroes)also i wanted to give you a heads up on something. in the last chapter, you changed the Point of view (pov) three times, you went from bertel's pov, then arrogan's, then bitaliel's. if you were to send this to a publisher, they'd reject your story. so my advice, (and i know, you don't want to go pro) but proper technique says, try to stay in one person's POV throughout either the chapter or section. (in other words, you have one persons story then * then aother. in between the * try to stay in one person's POV. here's link to . it's a post from James MacDonald who is a professional writer and teacher. he put lessons in his post to help answer questions. i've marked the page for POV, it will explain more. . ? &start101&stop120
Oh, and one more thing, i love the way you gave the ocean a personality. it's now more of a character, then a big wet thing. good job!
kim
LAXgirl chapter 18 . 1/31/2004
How could you kill him? That- that's like killing one of the main characters! You made Bergil so believable that he was just starting to earn a place in my heart up there with Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli... Well, maybe not that big of a place or on quite equal grounds like those characters... but still! Aw! That was so wrong! How could you do that? Aw, and Aragorn couldn't save him. That broke my little heart! The hands of the king are the hands of a healer, and Aragorn couldn't save him. I get the feeling there's going to be a lot of guilt and angst in the Aragorn department in the next few chapters because of this. Hurry hurry hurry with another chapter. Screw school work and write! There's nothing like blowing off homework to write... At least that's what I always like to do... _ But hurry with more soon! Plez! If you don't hurry I'm going to send out my army of mini-balrogs after you to make you write! And that is not an ideal threat either... _
Signing out
LAXgirl chapter 12 . 1/30/2004
Aww... I just love Legolas and Gimli friendships. They always make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. You know, the two of them vaguely remind me of my friend and I. Whether that's a good thing or not, I don't know... *shrugs shoulders*
Anyway, I'm still going strong with trying to catch up to where you last left everyone else. Oh, and the fight between Aragorn and Legolas when Legolas took the stone was incredible; the guilt, the despair, everything! just made my heart go out to that blonde haired elf. And then the scene when he first got to the Glittering Caves and Gimli saw him and knew something was *very* wrong with him was awesome. Aw, that was probably my favorite scene so far. Seriously.
Well got to go on to the next chapter. Till my next review I am and will forever be
signing out
P.S. I'm loving your take of Gimli being the "Bilbo Baggins" of the Dwarf world. The analogy seems somehow very fitting and appropriate, especially since Gimli at the end of the books goes with Legolas off to Valinor to pretty much live out the rest of his life in the company of elves. Plus your discription of Elves viewing Gimli as something like Legolas' exotic pet put me into a fit of giggles. And so did the consecutive retorts of "tree coddler" and "pebble snuggler". Ha! I literally burst out laughing at that.
Oh and P.P.S.
I don't remember who's favorites list i found this story off of, but thank god i did. I've been trying to find a decent story to read for the past couple days and was just about to give up because of all the (I'm sorry to say it bluntly) crappy stories floating around out here on . Thank you thank you *THANK YOU* for writing a decent story!
Cloud-123 chapter 18 . 1/30/2004
very nice story. it's awsome. please update soon!
LAXgirl chapter 7 . 1/30/2004
Oh, I thought that was a brilliant planned arguement. But don't feel bad if it didn't quite turn out the way you wanted it to. I had a fight something akin to this one in one of my stories and after I had written it I somehow felt i hadn't put enough intensity or emotions into it... basically it wasn't what I had been going for. But then looking back on it a while later, I realized it wasn't as bad as I had thought and that in retrospect, it was pretty much what I was going for. I'm sure your arguement is much along the same lines and if you go back and read the scene, you'll also find it's not a bad as you think. I personally thought is was excellantly done. The confrontation between Legolas and Aragorn sounded exactly like an arguement between two friends. Keep up the good work. On to the next chapter!
Signing out