Reviews for Heaviness in My Head
QuasiOuster chapter 3 . 5/28/2012
Plot sufficiently thickened! I have so many questions now that you've introduced this other dimension to things. And I'm really impressed with how you've structured this story now that we've got this extra view of what's going on.

You've done a great job setting such a somber mood. I mean, it was another heavy chapter but it's all heavy stuff with the breakup and Jo's state of mind and now the death of this other character. The introspection from Zane about his relationship with Fargo was an awesome bonus. As Jo has pointed out, what's so endearing about Zane is that he can be such a snarky jerk but he's really a sensitive dude that cares about doing the right thing and being good to his friends. It's why I care about his character and this was a nice reflection of that.
hatondog chapter 2 . 5/26/2012
Ack, this is a heartbreaking chapter. But not an unreasonable interpretation of Jo's behavior, especially if it continues. Frankly, it's hard to see how someone as sure of himself as Zane would want to be with someone as unsure about him as Jo. Bravo for pulling off a real breakup scene-that's so hard to pull off!
no1else-but-me chapter 2 . 5/26/2012
Great chapter. Your explaining why Jo is being kinda wishie washy in way that I could understand and relate to her where I am starting to think the show is going to be left unsaid. So here is my thought inside Jo's head and I think she doesn't even know, she wants a family. I mean in the old timeline she was going to get married and then in the matrix she kinda had this family with Carter. So present Jo doesn't want Carter per say but the family aspect of Carter if that makes sense. I don't know but I am looking forward to the next chapter.
purplepotatopig chapter 2 . 5/26/2012
Oh no! What's going on with Jo? I don't like seeing her like this. I don't understand why she is acting and feeling this way. It makes her look bad while it makes Zane look good - being all mature and supportive. Since you promised us more chapters I am hoping (can I demand?) for a happy resolution to this! Jo and Zane belong together - in any timeline, in any universe, in any season!
QuasiOuster chapter 2 . 5/25/2012
Aww, so sad. That's a tough read to see Jo so lost and the both of them trying to figure out how to salvage any kind of relationship together. I had such an emotional reaction to both of them throughout. This is an intriguing perspective on Jo and even though it's heartbreaking, I'm glad for the exploration. I'm sure it's difficult to write her at such a low. It feels right to go all in on this angle.

I loved seeing Zane step up to the plate here. You've nicely shown the real growth for him since his last reaction to being disappointed by Jo. Also, I really loved how you showed Jo's anxiety about losing her friendships. That's the part of the post-Matrix fallout that makes me the saddest for her. I think she's been really mature while taking the most unnecessary hits lately, poor thing.

I'm really looking forward to seeing where you go from here with them.
Sara60691 chapter 2 . 5/25/2012
you...you just made Jo and Zane break up...why? i don't want them to break up! i mean, this is a great chapter and i think Jo's close to some sort of emotional breakdown of something but...Jo and Zane not together doesn't compute in my mind. I appreciate Zane's way of handling the situation, having been there before as well. getting dumped sucks big time. anyway, i hope you update this soon!
QuasiOuster chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
This is a promising beginning with some interesting insight. I'm curious to see how you'll develop it. I can see you getting into a lot of good reflection with the way you've set this up.
Sara60691 chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Huh, sounds like a misssing scene from the episode. I enjoyed this even though it still leaves Jo and Zane's relationship in the grey area. i like Jo's side commentary though, lol, very cute. I also thought that her idea of not saying anything about wanting him to stay unless she was sure he wanted to hear it was also very in-line with Jo's way of thinking. Anyway, more stories please!
23 | « Prev Page 1 2