Reviews for Ned Stark Lives!
Guest chapter 21 . 6/3/2019
An interestesing story. It makes an interesting comparison to that of the source material, and though there are some continuity errors, it is for the most part, a good story. I have one main problem:
The Arya/ Gendry relationship is boring and repetitive. They are also written to be way too overpowered. Gendry has never been trained to fight in his life and Arya is still young. She had only just begun her training when Syrio was killed. And somehow the 2 of them take out 6 ironborn soldiers. Arya does become a very skilled assassin, but it was not only from her training with Syrio.
mugglesftw chapter 45 . 5/28/2019
Final Review:
Overally, this is a good story. The action is decently paced, the characters are pretty solidly written, and the ripple effect does an alright job of spreading out and causing some big changes. I especially like how the war between Stanis and the Lannisters was handled, with a good shift in the balance of power and quite a few dramatic changes in results.

That said, I have some issues. The big one is how characters talk. They don't talk like medieval lords and ladies. They use words like "crush" and "boyfriend." The exception weirdly enough is Eddard, who does seem to talk like I would expect him to.

The second is how rapidly the Gendry/Aria romance develops. There was no hint of this in the books aside from perhaps a mild infatuation on Aria's side. She's 10. Gendry wouldn't really be interested in her, and she in him. They should simply have been close and friendly, not in love. Aria especially is way to young.

Last is that things turn out way to happy for the Starks. They don't ever seem to have any real setbacks. More should have gone wrong for them, from Sansa being held hostage to the Frey's being far too compliant.
All in all, I give this story a C. Good action, good characterization, with a few flaws that drag it down.
mugglesftw chapter 44 . 5/28/2019
Not a bad move turning this into a religious war. Let's see if Stanis can win a hearts and minds game.
mugglesftw chapter 43 . 5/28/2019
And then Robb was a zombie.
mugglesftw chapter 40 . 5/28/2019
Please don't do a Lannister Theon. No one wants a Lannister.
mugglesftw chapter 37 . 5/27/2019
I guess this is a "everybody bully the Lannisters" day, but in war if they're down, kick 'em.
mugglesftw chapter 34 . 5/27/2019
Well guess that's how Bran becomes the three eyed raven.
Guest chapter 32 . 5/27/2019
I see you're going with Aegon is Aegon theory. I favor him being a Blackfire but the story has been good so far so I accept it.
Guest chapter 31 . 5/27/2019
A crush? You and I would call it that, but not lord Robb of winterfell. Fondness, infatuation, that's the language he would use.
mugglesftw chapter 30 . 5/27/2019
I do like King Stanis. By the length of the fic I can tell things are far from over, and I hope the final showdown between the Lannisters and Baratheons is one to remember.
mugglesftw chapter 27 . 5/27/2019
Now that's the kind of AU change I was looking for! Stannis victorious is a great plot thread.
mugglesftw chapter 24 . 5/27/2019
I have to say I'm disappointed we haven't lost a Stark yet, while their enemies suffer. Still, it's an engaging read so I must press on.
Guest chapter 21 . 5/27/2019
Finally a big change! Cant wait to see what shakes out with the Freys.
Guest chapter 17 . 5/27/2019
I have to say I like this direction. A tween crush is fine. I do hope Lord Fray shows his true strips and we end up with a gruesome outcome. Cant have everything happy.
Guest chapter 15 . 5/27/2019
Gods be good man, Arya is 9, 11 if you're using the shows ages. Go slower.
1,054 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »