Reviews for Justice is Blind
butterfly ghost chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
This was really good. You do internal monologue really well... and you're extremely good at finding a voice for your character, so that we feel we know them from the inside. Your choice of first person for this narrative works too, since the character is so unsympathetic that 'getting inside his head' literally is an effective technique for forcing the reader to sympathise with KingPin, whether they want to or not.

And again, you have a neat way of finding a defining incident, and dropping it in with one phrase... "that was just my father." Quite chilling, and the character is obviously not playing for sympathy, simply being ironic about his past. Yet the reader can't help but feel a flinch of pity for him, which again is very uncomfortable.

Also, I like the way you use dialogue. You don't just say what happened, you show what happened... we hear the conversation with Daredevil (and I can't believe you killed him!) and it's KingPin's emotional reaction to what DD says that triggers the action. Anger. Good work.