Reviews for No Words
icecatfire chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
sad, but i loved this story. i love the friendship/brotherhood thing between sirius and james.
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Awww... :(
Marauder-In-Disguise chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Oh, so sad! Poor James :(
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Aw. This was just a nice heaping of angst to start out the say. And after I've stopped hating James, I can't stand to see him like this, pleading with the world and whatever is beyond it to just let this not be true. It's heartbreaking really, because everyone experiences some sort of traumatic loss, and many of his words seem to be right on the cue of being in that position. The fact that his father agrees with him in saying that this isn't fair really measures up. And "life isn't fair" would be a terribly inappropriate thing to say in response to such a grievance, so I'm glad he agreed, in a way.

Your descriptions of the funeral and of the day were very realistic. Nice and depersonalized from the situation, because it seems that James would be rather miles away from the scene at that point. Sirius saying that "they don't seem to care," was just fantastic. It really was. It shows that, yeah, life ISN'T fair. But then the people like Sirius, who would likely flop down in the mud next to you during a time of distress, are just as helpful as the ones who finally help you up.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
I was out of town or else I would've reviewed this sooner. This one hits really close to home, which is probably why I loved it so much. I lost my mom back in 2009.

Sirius just being there for James shows how close James and Sirius were. And the fact that Sirius doesn't tell James that he's sorry he lost his mom is perfect. He would've know that James didn't want to hear it. I know I didn't want to hear people say sorry to me when my mom died.

There were a few lines in this that I really liked: "He wants an answer that will fix this" - Completely perfect for the moment and /real/. I don't know, I just liked it.

"Doesn't whoever is out there understand that I /need/ her" - I oftened wondered that so I really like the fact that it ended up in your fic. I'm blaming it on our mad skills :D

""It isn't fair," he says stubbornly. But he fully expects his father to answer with, Life isn't fair, James. He doesn't. "No. It's not."" - Again, I really like the fact that this ended up in this one because that's exactly what my dad told me when I said that.

Overall, this was completely beautiful and i loved it.