Reviews for Not tonight
nosmaeth chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
this is superb!
kittykat chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
wonderful little ficlet. although, I have to say the reviews baffle me slightly. so, maybe, I got your story all wrong.

am I to believe that a grown a$$ man like severus snape was forced by dumbledore to do what he did? SRLSLY? I always thought it was odd how fandom (and snape's fans in particular) deprived snape agency in his moment of redemption. i'd like to think that he chose to stay with dumbledore because he, himself, wanted a way to redeem his pasts acts, or because of his lurve for lily (preferably, a reason less corny would be nice). i think snape could have gone to hawaii, drink serious amounts of alcohol, and forget about everything that happened. and i'd bet a lot of money, dumbledore wouldn't have followed him to hawaii just to drag his arse back to the u.k. so he could become a spy.

and the same goes for harry.

maybe, i read too much manga and it spoiled my view of the length people will go to protect their village/town/own kind. but what harry, snape, dumbledore did, is sort of expected in this type of story (young adult/shonen manga). that, and i've read/seen people who are TRUE masters of manipulation like keyser soze or littlefinger.

sorry about the long review. it was a cool read. thxs for sharing.
Squibstress chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Beautifully done-exactly as I imagine such a confrontation might go.

I like how Minerva understands that she's being unfair, but lets herself be angry anyway.

And the blue gaze of steel-nice image!
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Very believable reaction on her part - you show the whole process very well: numbness, grief, rage, whether "fair" or not.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
But of course, Dumbledore will never tell Minerva that he didn't sacrifice his own life, he only blew it away by putting on the cursed Ring for his own selfish reasons.

And Minerva will calm down; after all, Harry was rescued, the way he always is, and she never has to look at Severus and feel guilty for what _she_ did. Besides, the war gave her an excuse to send the Slytherin students away from the castle, and she's wanted to do that for years.

No, she won't have any trouble forgiving Albus. She'll believe all the stuff about the Greater Good, especially since only a few valuable Gryffindors were killed.

And that's what really important, right?

She'll always believe Albus when he tells her there was no other way. After all, that will excuse her own little Unforgivable as well, and what she did to Snape and his Slytherins.

She's only angry now because of what happened to _Harry_, let's face it.

Nicely done.
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Excellent little story! I wish I could write as well in such a concentrated form but I generally seem to need much more space. Perfectly in character, one could imagine precisely this event happening.

Many Blessings.

Oriondruid, (John).
Slytherin66 chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
This was good but Minerva has nothing to appologise for Dumbledore did use Harry and Serverus to do what Albus did not want to he only died because of his own ego or mistake had he not put the ring on I think Albus would have lived to see Riddle die.

Albus had the power both magical and political to end the war or make it much easier for Harry to kill Riddle but did not. I think Albus wanted Riddle dead but lacked the courage to do it himself as he valued his reputation and morals above all else.